Page 231 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1311812212292302312322332412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 67405
    Real life intruded on me for awhile...

You guys are so, up your arses! (name the movie)

-EarlJam

shameless

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Real life intruded on me for awhile...
    Welcome back to the fantasy world of the OTB.

"...Down goes EarlJam."
    Smile

-EJ

Have we awakened the beast?

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    You guys are so, up your arses! (name the movie)

-EarlJam
    I'm at a loss...not the first time, won't be the last time.

With Vandy's loss today, I have changed my avatar pic to my other cat, Kelly.

Kelly relaxing in the Avatar pic, Grant exploring in the Signature pic...

I must've missed something, but wasn't part of this thread in a different thread? Not that I'm complaining, just curious. Been so busy that I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but tomorrow I finally have an open Sunday and I'm planning on some serious thread catching upping on.

Haha, yes it was in a couple other threads. We were wondering when you were going to join us...

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    In this age of electronics and internet and the such, Do you think the world would be lost if newspaper print as a whole just folded up and went away?
    Absolutely. Newspapers represent a huge segment of the printing industry and losing that segment would start a monster chain reaction. Everyone from ad agencies, to paper suppliers, press/bindery equipment manufacturers, prepress operators, press operators, delivery truck drivers, would all be hurting, and bad. I think there'd be all kinds of other unimaginable side effects too. For example, the newspaper industry has really been pushing the limits of short-run digital printing, which has been driving innovation for distribution, variable-data printing, etc.

We need newspapers. Or at least I do if I want to stay gainfully employed.

Haha, yes it was in a couple other threads. We were wondering when you were going to join us...
    Happy to be here now, even if only for a few more minutes. Living situation is still crazy for the next few weeks, back and forth between LA and San Diego, and I went to a wedding last night and a beach party/wedding party today. Sunburned, and exhausted, and having DBR withdrawals, but it was fun.

Now, we're off to continue the party.

Have we awakened the beast?
    Which one? I can think of several...

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I must've missed something, but wasn't part of this thread in a different thread? Not that I'm complaining, just curious. Been so busy that I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but tomorrow I finally have an open Sunday and I'm planning on some serious thread catching upping on.
    I think this was part of several different threads and our OTB mod/s decided to give certain frequent (cough, cough) posters (term loosely applied) here our "own" shameless thread. Welcome aboard! We were wondering when you'd be joining us. I'm impressed with nearly 70 entries already and the thread is less than 12 hours old.

Another item of note is the low ratio of views to posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Absolutely. Newspapers represent a huge segment of the printing industry and losing that segment would start a monster chain reaction. Everyone from ad agencies, to paper suppliers, press/bindery equipment manufacturers, prepress operators, press operators, delivery truck drivers, would all be hurting, and bad. I think there'd be all kinds of other unimaginable side effects too. For example, the newspaper industry has really been pushing the limits of short-run digital printing, which has been driving innovation for distribution, variable-data printing, etc.

We need newspapers. Or at least I do if I want to stay gainfully employed.
    The admittedly old-fashioned, yet still unequaled tactile and intellectual pleasure of reading the newspaper is totally singular. I would be considerably aggrieved if the true format bit the dust. In my estimation, the print media is by definition superior to broadcast or any other format.

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    Just had some scrumptious pancakes ala Tilly.
    I usually eat my 'cakes with a light topping of sugar. Anyone else share such a tradition of sugar on pancakes? Other than syrup or sugar, what else is there? lol
    My grandpa used to eat pancakes with sugar and milk. Semi-thick coating of sugar, just enough milk to moisten the sugar. Sounds strange, tastes pretty good.

Another item of note is the low ratio of views to posts.
    That will be interesting to watch.

My favorite variation on pancakes was the chocolate chips added to them...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That will be interesting to watch.
    Yes, perhaps we should maintain a historical record of the ratio?

(Really? No, not really.)

lte

My favorite variation on pancakes was the chocolate chips added to them...
    I was limiting my personal comments to what was ON pancakes and not in them. But, now that you introduce their contents, I'll add that mini-chocolate chips and bananas in pancakes with melted butter and warm syrup generously applied to their outsides are one of my favorite breakfasts. Other fresh fruits like various berries rank a close 2nd.

Ymm, pancakes.