Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans
    One where the plane does not crash because the hatch does not exist because a nuke destroyed the electromagnetic pulse.

But... as we learned from Desmond's attempts to save Charlie... the universe has a way of self-correcting...

Yeah I just don't see it going there (the alternate timeline). "What happened, happened." They've been talking about "the incident" for a few seasons. I think it's much more likely that the nuclear blast IS the incident, that it actually doesn't destroy the nascent hatch, the island, etc., through some extraordinary mechanism of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Yeah I just don't see it going there (the alternate timeline). "What happened, happened." They've been talking about "the incident" for a few seasons. I think it's much more likely that the nuclear blast IS the incident, that it actually doesn't destroy the nascent hatch, the island, etc., through some extraordinary mechanism of the island.
    We don't even know if the nuke went off. Juliet hit it with the rock a few times and then the show flashed to white.

I think they may do something where there is an alternate timeline in which the plane never crashes but the Lostaways still have memories of the being on the island or something like that.

Uuuggghhhh. Now that I read that scenario out loud, it sorta sucks. Blech!

All I know is that there have been numerous reports that this season starts with the Lostaways getting off Oceanic 815 in the LA Airport. In fact, the title of the first episode is LAX.

I put some spoiler text over a few words above if folks really, really do not want to know. The stuff I spoiler texted has been reported all over the media and I don't really think it is much of a spoiler anyway. Still, for folks who want to be 100% unaware of everything, including the titles of the episodes, don't mouse over the spoiler text

--Jason "just one week!!!! Lost on Tuesdays will feel weird though" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Actually, Jason, drop a space between the last 2 letters of the title and THAT'S the title of the episode. A subtle difference, but hopefully an important one.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Actually, Jason, drop a space between the last 2 letters of the title and THAT'S the title of the episode. A subtle difference, but hopefully an important one.
    The best explanation I've heard for this is that the Dharma beer ends up being the predecessor to Dos Equis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    The best explanation I've heard for this is that the Dharma beer ends up being the predecessor to Dos Equis.
    It'd be cool if we found out the Dos Equis guy was on The Black Rock.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a site I could go to to get a refresher on what was going on at the end of Season 5 and where the characters were and what was going on and what the main storylines were? I watched all of the first 5 seasons in a 2 month period last summer, and I'm having a hard time remembering everything that was going on. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a site I could go to to get a refresher on what was going on at the end of Season 5 and where the characters were and what was going on and what the main storylines were? I watched all of the first 5 seasons in a 2 month period last summer, and I'm having a hard time remembering everything that was going on. Thanks!
    Well, if Bostondevil gets her act together, right here would be a great place
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

ABC's going to have a "catch-up" special hour of Lost immediately prior to the 2-hour season finale.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_..._Parts_1_%26_2

That should provide a good refresher.

Also, I just want to add that BostonDevil is dead to me for abandoning her recaps. DEAD!!

--Jason " " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
    It'd be cool if we found out the Dos Equis guy was on The Black Rock.
    Richard?!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_..._Parts_1_%26_2

That should provide a good refresher.

Also, I just want to add that BostonDevil is dead to me for abandoning her recaps. DEAD!!

--Jason " " Evans
    I know ... SERIOUSLY!

She's going off writing more plays, putting on productions, winning awards... SHEESH! Priorities, woman!

Last year's season finale is on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Last year's season finale is on right now.
    Thanks everyone! I happened to catch that the finale from last season was on last night, and DVR'ed it. Also thanks for the heads-up on the catch-up hour before the premiere next week. Between those and Jason's link, I should be good!! Bring on LOST!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a site I could go to to get a refresher on what was going on at the end of Season 5 and where the characters were and what was going on and what the main storylines were?
    I Think iTunes was offering free downloads of all the Recap shows. I'm not sure if they still are.

I'm less concerned about unresolved questions than I am a clear, definitive conclusion. In fact, the only question I want answered is who the heck was sitting in the chair when Locke and Ben paid a visit to Jacob's Cabin.

I've only seen a few interviews with the producers, but the little bit I've read has given me an uneasy feeling that the show's finale will be open to interpretation. When finales of shows like "Seinfeld" and "The Sopranos" are thrown out, it's probably not going to end well. By "well", I mean with some sense of closure.

Maybe I'm just a mindless sheep, but for five seasons, I have dutifully followed where the writers led me. Like everyone, I've had those "wtf" moments, but I haven't questioned their sense of direction. I've questioned the mythology, but not the methodology.

You've walked me through the exposition, now just tell me how it ends.

Don't make me interpret.

I could care less if Libby is coming back, my real question is Claire coming back. I want to know how she fits in to all of this. Also i want to see her and Jack's relationship now that they know they're siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I could care less if Libby is coming back, my real question is Claire coming back. I want to know how she fits in to all of this. Also i want to see her and Jack's relationship now that they know they're siblings.
    I predict that we will see Claire this season-- for sure. Whether she will be the same person as before she went off with Christian is a whole different question.

-Jason "I think there will be a sense of closure at the end-- they have known where they were going from day one" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter the Lab View Post
    In fact, the only question I want answered is who the heck was sitting in the chair when Locke and Ben paid a visit to Jacob's Cabin.
    How's this for an out-there guess: Jacob and his rival's father. So many of the characters on the show have daddy issues, I wouldn't be surprised if they explained this trait away by having Jacob himself have some. Also, this makes a lot of sense if you've ever played the old point-and-click computer game Myst, from which the show is partially inspired from.

By the way, the first scene of season 6 is now widely available online. In my opinion, it doesn't actually spoil anything, but others will very strongly disagree with that notion I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter the Lab View Post
    In fact, the only question I want answered is ...
    I suspect that everyone has a question they want answered and for many their satisfaction with the final season will rest on whether it gets answered. And I am sure that, while the creators have a vision, there are so many questions that a lot of people are going to be very disappointed. Looking on Lostpedia, it's staggering just how many mysteries there are remaining. And I'm not sure which are essential to the story, which are needed for plausibility and which are just random. I think it's the category in the middle that will cause the most dissatisfaction.