Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    I feel like that exchange would go a little like this:

Extremely well played.

Bazz says a lot of positive things about all 3 schools but very positive regarding Duke

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    This quote caught my eye as well:

"It's going to be a pros-and-cons thing," Muhammad said. "We are going to sit down and really discuss everything about the schools. It's going to be a lot of how comfortable I am with the coach. I think that's the big thing for me. Next year I'm going to have to take on really trying to be a leader, and how comfortable I am with the coach and how well we communicate is going to be the biggest factor in my choice."

Leadership...Communication...Sounds like he was taking notes during Coach K's visit Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Sorry if this has aleady been posted but I thought It was pretty cool:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1353429

Money Quote: "I think they have so many pieces in place to win a lot of games next year with Mason Plumlee coming back, along with Rasheed Sulaimon and potentially myself coming in," Muhammad said of Duke. "I don't think they have a real prolific scorer and that is what Coach K is telling me about them.

"That's where they see me able to step in and score for them from a lot of different areas now that Austin Rivers is gone. With the veterans they have coming back, I think we could do a lot of damage."

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Bazz says a lot of positive things about all 3 schools but very positive regarding Duke
    Interesting that in the article the only school he mentions the word "we" with was about was Duke. Fingers crossed.

Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Interesting that in the article the only school he mentions the word "we" with was about was Duke. Fingers crossed.
    He also mentions "we" with UCLA and actually goes a little longer and more detail discussing UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by socaldukie View Post
    He also mentions "we" with UCLA and actually goes a little longer and more detail discussing UCLA.
    Let me tell you guys, after the Barnes Skype saga and our subsequent National Champioinship, I've come to the conclusion that investing a lot of energy & emotion in the recruiting process is a bit of a fool's errand. (You must admit, that's a pretty solid data point right there.)

I'll honestly be shocked if 'Bazz chooses Duke. If he does, that's terrific. If he doesn't, I can't wait to see what Silent G and Murphy can do for us at the three spot next year.

And above all, in K we trust.

Some perspective before two schools go into nuclear meltdown tomorrow.

Our country's Olympic Head Coach get disrespected two years in a row by a top five recruit? Highly unlikely.

With regards to recruiting, I'll say this; it's just mentally easier to have low expectations and just be pleasantly surprised if good things happen. Keeps me from going crazy about this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Our country's Olympic Head Coach get disrespected two years in a row by a top five recruit? Highly unlikely.
    Oh, really? Why is that? Enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeVol View Post
    With regards to recruiting, I'll say this; it's just mentally easier to have low expectations and just be pleasantly surprised if good things happen. Keeps me from going crazy about this stuff...
    My thoughts exactly ever since the John Wall saga.

Curious how KY fans will react if they get "only one" of these two blue chips. Some suggest Bazz may go elsewhere while Nerlens comes to Lexington. My guess is many will "melt down" if they "only" get Nerlens. Quite the privileged cohort of fans.

I certainly hope Bazz comes to Durham, but as a consolation prize, I'll take ABK.

I cannot watch this farce tonight simply because I do not want to reward high school kids for self-aggrandizementation. I'll just come to the Elizabeth King Board once it's over.

Super "Hope we get Bazz" Dave

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    I don't see how choosing another school is disrespecting Coach K.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It's the manner in which the decision is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I cannot watch this farce tonight simply because I do not want to reward high school kids for self-aggrandizementation. I'll just come to the Elizabeth King Board once it's over.

Super "Hope we get Bazz" Dave
    second this. although i can't say i blame them - they are prepping for a career in show-business where we all know that there is almost no such thing as bad publicity...

Let's not attack kids for something they haven't even done yet. And what if they go thru their whole spiel and pick Duke? Is it then perfectly fine with you all?

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    second this. although i can't say i blame them - they are prepping for a career in show-business where we all know that there is almost no such thing as bad publicity...
    I don't blame the kids. And even before ESPNU was directing this type of event, these announcement press conferences seemed to me to be, more often then not, extremely awkward.

Because these are teenagers making their first really big decision in life in public. Most of us get to make our first monumental decision in life with a lot more privacy. So, let's give the kids some slack.

...Adults on the other hand....

I like Shabazz Muhammad. He seems to be a bright, talented, and thoughtful kid who knows what he wants to do with his life. More power to him. I hope he goes to Duke. But if he doesn't, he'll be another one of many bright, talented, thoughtful kids who don't come to Duke and it works out fine for both the kids and Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Let's not attack kids for something they haven't even done yet. And what if they go thru their whole spiel and pick Duke? Is it then perfectly fine with you all?
    I agree that there's no reason to criticize these kids for this. However, I do think there's a reason to laud kids who "announce" simply by privately notifying each of the coaches that have been pursuing them, offering a brief tweet to the general public, and then having a nice event at their high school. That, to me, is the classiest way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    extremely awkward.
    Step 1. Compliment all the schools.
    Step 2. Say the name of the school you picked.
    Step 3. Say nice things about all the coaches you will not play for.

I'd rather they just tweet the decision.

Perfect fit

I think Shabazz is a perfect fit for Duke. He would come into a situation with some good veterans and the best big man in the ACC. He would have lethal shooters on the wings to spread the defense that would guarantee him 1 on 1 situations the entire game. It would be the best place for him not to have to shoulder the entire load. IF he goes to UCLA or Kentucky he would have to get 30 every night for them to win. Duke is his best bet to win the NCAA championship!!!

COME TO DUKE SHABAZZ!!!!!!!

The comment that Coach K reportedly made to Shabazz about us needing a scorer made me stop and think. He's right, we don't have a proven, reliable scorer now that Austin is gone. Seth and Ryan were our leading scorers after Austin, but neither can create their own shot and neither has been able to reliably carry the team for any length of time. Mason should get more shots this year than last, but is unlikely to be our leading scorer. Of course all of this may change, and if Shabazz doesn't come I think we'll be fine and will win a lot of games, but I do agree that he would seemingly provide that missing piece.