Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Gold

Tar Heels are hating this cause they have ZERO part in it...no players, no coaches, no Nuthin!!!

zero for carolina

everything for coach k

congrats Team USA...

Wow... in the closing shot ending NBC's coverage a couple seconds ago, they were showing the basketball team posing for pictures with K in the middle. They had all put their gold medals around his neck, it was cool as hell.

Would love to get a picture of that.

Great game Spain!

Congratulations Team USA!

Congratulations Coach Krzyzewski.

I've never seen multi-millionaires so happy.

I'm not an NBA fan, definitely never liked Kobe.

But, after today, he's All Duke in my book.

I don't know if anyone else saw this, because they didn't show it during the medal ceremony, only in a montage when the station/Olympic coverage was signing off, but when the team was taking pictures after the medal ceremony at center court, all the players put their gold medals on Coach K (yes, he was wearing 12 gold medals) and stuck him in the middle of the team to pose for some pictures. It was pretty cool, seemingly an ultimate sign of gratitude and respect.

VICTORY! I love it!

Now, I'm going to bed
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Wow... in the closing shot ending NBC's coverage a couple seconds ago, they were showing the basketball team posing for pictures with K in the middle. They had all put their gold medals around his neck, it was cool as hell.

Sounds like another recruiting advantage

The announcers also mentioned something that should make the UNC fans hate Duke and Coach K even more.

3 national NCAA titles and a gold medal for Coach K.

No UNC coach can even come close to that and may never come close to that.

ROF BMG LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post

Yeah - that was unbelievably awesome. That's definitely my new screen saver!

Great game

What made this sweeter was that Spain played a great game. They fought hard- they hit big shots - they passed very well- they never folded. But team USA also played a great game. This team was focused and competed every second. It was also great- because K had to coach. He had to make key adjustments and almost everyone of them worked. An interesting moment was when Lebron got his fourth foul and K kept him in because he needed his leadership on the floor and Lebron responded. If this game had been a blowout- folks would have said this team was so dominant that anyone could have coached them. Today, the team needed K to coach and he did. And of course, when the game was on the line, the great players played great. Wade left everything on the floor. But when Spain cut it to 2, Kobe would not let USA lose. They guy loves the big moment. But most of all, team USA played very well together and when it got tight- they kept their poise. Credit K with bringing them together and getting them to commit to D- although in this game Spain was scoring at will at times.

K was a very proud coach today- as happy as I have seen him in a long while. This game was extremely important to him- perhaps more than any of us know. He also rose to the occasion. Kudos to K and the team for an excellent performance throughout the tourney. This team erased many of the stereotypes of the NBA player. These guys were professionals in the best sense of the word and a team usually reflects the qualities of their coach. Great, great win.

K Gold Medal Picture

This is the best image I could find on the picture some of have been talking about.

So, does the Gregg Doyle watch begin now? Because I for one don't think he'll keep his promise to never again rag on Coach K, or whatever it was he said.

By the way, that picture above is fine!
    Last edited by BoC; 08-24-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: add a comment

gold

Quote Originally Posted by dukeimac View Post
    The announcers also mentioned something that should make the UNC fans hate Duke and Coach K even more.

3 national NCAA titles and a gold medal for Coach K.

No UNC coach can even come close to that and may never come close to that.

ROF BMG LMAO
    BMG?

biting my gums?
    big-mouth grin?

gold

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    What made this sweeter was that Spain played a great game. They fought hard- they hit big shots - they passed very well- they never folded. But team USA also played a great game. This team was focused and competed every second. It was also great- because K had to coach. He had to make key adjustments and almost everyone of them worked. An interesting moment was when Lebron got his fourth foul and K kept him in because he needed his leadership on the floor and Lebron responded. If this game had been a blowout- folks would have said this team was so dominant that anyone could have coached them. Today, the team needed K to coach and he did. And of course, when the game was on the line, the great players played great. Wade left everything on the floor. But when Spain cut it to 2, Kobe would not let USA lose. They guy loves the big moment. But most of all, team USA played very well together and when it got tight- they kept their poise. Credit K with bringing them together and getting them to commit to D- although in this game Spain was scoring at will at times.

K was a very proud coach today- as happy as I have seen him in a long while. This game was extremely important to him- perhaps more than any of us know. He also rose to the occasion. Kudos to K and the team for an excellent performance throughout the tourney. This team erased many of the stereotypes of the NBA player. These guys were professionals in the best sense of the word and a team usually reflects the qualities of their coach. Great, great win.
    Well summarized. Too "bad" you're a Duke fan as I think that's the way a lot of us probably feel and how we'd analyze the victory. Let's see how the "haters" twist this into another anti-Duke/anti-K piece. I will enjoy this victory and moment for a long, long time and greatly appreciate the sacrifices the players and coaches made to accomplish this.

Haters

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well summarized. Too "bad" you're a Duke fan as I think that's the way a lot of us probably feel and how we'd analyze the victory. Let's see how the "haters" twist this into another anti-Duke/anti-K piece. I will enjoy this victory and moment for a long, long time and greatly appreciate the sacrifices the players and coaches made to accomplish this.
    The players did everything they could to make K look good on and off the court. They were visible in every venue and the other Olympic athletes appreciated their presence. I think even the Duke haters are happy that USA is back on top and will give K his due, as his mark on the team was very clear. There will be plenty of time for the anti-Duke crowd to root against K. Right now K is very happy- and as a Duke fan, I am happy we have a happy coach who achieved a major personal and professional goal and can now focus 100% on his college team.

Good coaching was proven in the timeout calls that were ordered in the second half. The way that Spain was able to shoot so effectively and cut back double-digit leads shows that the US team had a coach that knew how to stall that momentum and encourage his team to get back ol' "mo". Let others say what they will, I'm not convinced that just anybody, could have won gold with this group. Then again, there won't be anyone that will be able to prove it.

Congratulations to Coach and the team for a job well done!

"Wow... in the closing shot ending NBC's coverage a couple seconds ago, they were showing the basketball team posing for pictures with K in the middle. They had all put their gold medals around his neck, it was cool as hell.

Would love to get a picture of that."

i want that picture!!!

very cool.

Congrats to Coach K and the USA team. Poor Carolina fans probably are in mourning right now.

I sense that K would not want anyone on the team who put their pro or college allegiance ahead of duty to country. If anyone is not happy for this team because he coached it, or because of the involvement of Boozer or CC/Wojo on the scouting staff, etc., then I'm sure he would say that they don't understand what representing your country is all about.

I do not maintain that Carolina coaches or players could not have done this, but I do think that, in this day of the global game, they'd have to have this same attitude to get it done. Smith got it done in '76, right? But yes, Karl and Brown did not, though Brown has won championships at the college and pro levels.

BTW, I'm very happy for ALL the coaches and this team. They steamrolled until the final game, but this one really tested their ability to play as a team. Spain really pushed them.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    This is the best image I could find on the picture some of have been talking about.

I love that picture. Do you have a link to the picture?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevilsfanforever View Post
    Congrats to Coach K and the USA team. Poor Carolina fans probably are in mourning right now.
    Aside from the tacky blue folks, I expect the DHTsunami to be in lull phase for a little bit.

I hope.