Page 9 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Yeah, things can and will change especially when you are UCONN these days. I would think an offer should come through for Mr. Drummond. I would love a frontcourt of Hairston, Kelly, QMiller , Adams, and Drummond
    As much as I would love a frontcourt like that, Quincy Miller will most likely be a one-and-done.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    As much as I would love a frontcourt like that, Quincy Miller will most likely be a one-and-done.
    What gives you that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by whirlieduke4 View Post
    “He wants them to go one-and-done, and that’s a good thing,” Miller said of Calipari. “That impressed me. Five players went (pro). That’s crazy.”

Link

Well for one, he singled out that he liked how fast Calipari gets his players to the NBA in an interview.

Also, he's a 6'10 SF/PF with a great inside/outside game - NBA scouts drool over that.
    Plus his playing style absolutely screams Kevin Durant, and you see what Durant is doing right now.

Something not to forget, hes very confident about his game, call it a little cockiness. You can see this through his twitter updates and interviews. I'm not saying this is a bad thing necessarily but players with that attitude and the skills to back it up, are good candidates to be one-and-done.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil2012 View Post
    “He wants them to go one-and-done, and that’s a good thing,” Miller said of Calipari. “That impressed me. Five players went (pro). That’s crazy.”

Link

My Grandma could have sent John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Patrick Patterson, and Daniel Orton to the NBA. I don't think that is that impressive. It shows me that he had a talented team. You know what would be more impressive? Enticing them to stay and get more of an education and winning a championsip with 5 class act student athletes.

Good points from both of you, but I was just trying to point out that you guys know no more than I do about what is really in this kid's head. He could be a great candidate for a one-and-done season, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Who's to say Q doesn't mature a lot between now and the end of his Freshman year? IF he were to end up coming to Duke, you guys see Luol Deng, but I see a Kyle Singler, someone who wants to stay another year and enjoy college some more. Quincy may have some cockiness to his game, but if you look at his interviews he's also a pretty humble guy about his skills too. He acknowledges the need to continue working hard to get better.

Just don't be so quick to label this kid one-and-done.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/01/d...rphy-muhammad/

good stuff from murphy, talks about the honor it is to get an offer from duke and how him and shabazz are friends from aau and camps.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post

good stuff from murphy, talks about the honor it is to get an offer from duke and how him and shabazz are friends from aau and camps.
    Thanks for the article.

I think this quote says a lot:

“I don’t want to say it’s a done deal [to Duke],” Murphy said. “I think it’s too early but obviously if you get a chance to play somewhere like Duke and they offer you a scholarship, it’s definitely something you have to take into consideration.”
    Kid obviously likes Duke a lot.

EDIT:
    Recent twitter update by TheRecruitScoop (Alex Kline)

Alex Murphy '12 of St. Mark's (MA) reminds me of the Plumlee siblings. In the long run, I feel like Murphy will commit to Duke.
    Last edited by MisterRoddy; 06-01-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Good points from both of you, but I was just trying to point out that you guys know no more than I do about what is really in this kid's head. He could be a great candidate for a one-and-done season, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Who's to say Q doesn't mature a lot between now and the end of his Freshman year? IF he were to end up coming to Duke, you guys see Luol Deng, but I see a Kyle Singler, someone who wants to stay another year and enjoy college some more. Quincy may have some cockiness to his game, but if you look at his interviews he's also a pretty humble guy about his skills too. He acknowledges the need to continue working hard to get better.

Just don't be so quick to label this kid one-and-done.
    Well, I'm not sure Luol Deng is the best example. My understanding is that he wanted to come back for his sophomore season but his parent wanted him to go pro so that he could start earning money to help with issues in Sudan. Corey Meggette is probably a better Duke example.

Man i wish Deng would have stuck around! think about how amazing he would have been if he sticks around 3 even four years!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Well, I'm not sure Luol Deng is the best example. My understanding is that he wanted to come back for his sophomore season but his parent wanted him to go pro so that he could start earning money to help with issues in Sudan. Corey Meggette is probably a better Duke example.
    I agree (although it's Maggette) with about Corey. Q has amazing skill and one-and-done talent to be sure, but of course we don't know what he'll do. I do think that he will leave after his freshman year, but my gut tells me it will be from Kentucky and not Duke.

I agree with that. call it a hunch or whatever but i just don"t see QM being a blue devil

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I agree (although it's Maggette) with about Corey. Q has amazing skill and one-and-done talent to be sure, but of course we don't know what he'll do. I do think that he will leave after his freshman year, but my gut tells me it will be from Kentucky and not Duke.
    Not to say that you're wrong but QM to UK might depend heavily on whether Calipari is still there. In light of recent allegations, that is not a certainty.

As to the 1-n-done situation, back in the days of Maggette and Deng, it was not nearly as common and I don't remember any talk of them leaving Duke early during the season, let alone prior to their enrollment; it was a total surprise for both. Just shows how much the game has changed.
    If QM is as skilled as billed and bails after one year, then I have full confidence that K will be able to put that to good use and not be taken by surprise, as was the case with Deng. I think that losing Deng after one year really threw K's mojo off, as he lost Livingston from that class too, who had signed with Duke, and then had Kris Humphries back out and opt for Minn. (I'm actually not sad about losing KH b/c he seems so selfish, but K was not able to go after other big-men b/c of the KH saga). Duke then had nobody in that year's class, which really put a hurting on Duke's performance for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    As to the 1-n-done situation, back in the days of Maggette and Deng, it was not nearly as common and I don't remember any talk of them leaving Duke early during the season, let alone prior to their enrollment; it was a total surprise for both. Just shows how much the game has changed.
    If QM is as skilled as billed and bails after one year, then I have full confidence that K will be able to put that to good use and not be taken by surprise, as was the case with Deng. I think that losing Deng after one year really threw K's mojo off, as he lost Livingston from that class too, who had signed with Duke, and then had Kris Humphries back out and opt for Minn. (I'm actually not sad about losing KH b/c he seems so selfish, but K was not able to go after other big-men b/c of the KH saga). Duke then had nobody in that year's class, which really put a hurting on Duke's performance for several years.
    I was at Duke when Maggette went pro, and I can say that it wasn't a complete surprise. He was such an athletic freak that by midseason he was on everyone's radar, even though he was a reserve. And he didn't exactly have a reputation as being a big fan of classes. Deng, on the other hand, was very much a surprise. Unlike Maggette, Deng was considered very much a student, and most figured he'd go the Jason Williams route and get his degree in three years.

I think your timeline is a bit off, though. Humphries was in the same class as Deng, and decided not to attend roughly a year before Deng and Livingston declared for the draft. So the only recruit in the Livingston class became Nelson. But otherwise, I agree with your point. Deng's early-entry and the early-entry of Livingston caught Duke off-guard. We lacked depth on the 2004-05 team, and then followed up with the Paulus/McRoberts class that didn't quite pan out as hoped.

I think Quincy Miller will go to UK.The quote about QM saying how he admires Calipari says it all.

I think he his a nice player but his stock has dropped a bit. I will take alex Murphy

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post

It was good to read the Murphy quote, which leads me to believe that the championship is already paying dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    I think he his a nice player but his stock has dropped a bit. I will take alex Murphy
    I agree with you on taking Murphy, but where has Quincy's stock dropped? He recently moved up in the Scout.com rankings.

I think Quincy Miller will go to UK.The quote about QM saying how he admires Calipari says it all.

I will have to politely disagree with this statement. While Quincy did have a less than impressive weekend in Houston a few weeks ago, his performance this past weekend at the Nike EYBL has put most doubters to rest as he was the most NBA-ready prospect on the court all weekend. Also, rivals' recent 2011 recruiting ranks have Quincy at #2. His stock is definitely not falling.

As for Murphy, I really don't think a comparrison is necessary as they are in different classes and their decisions probably won't affect one another.
    Last edited by -jk; 06-02-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: fix quote

slam doesnt think so at all (not that slam is the end all on recruiting )

http://www.slamonline.com/online/med...class-of-2011/

quincy has stuggled some in a few recent aau events. im pretty sure that is what cockabeau was refering to...