Game times for 10-13-12 announced

Duke at Virginia Tech, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

North Carolina at Miami, ESPNU, 2:30 p.m.

Maryland at Virginia, RSN, 3 p.m.

Boston College at Florida State, ESPN2, 5:30 p.m.

Not to get too ahead of myself, but if we beat UVA, could Duke vs. Virginia Tech be a game between a ranked and an unranked team? Probably not, but I bet we'd be ahead in the "others receiving votes" category. Gotta win next week first though.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Not to get too ahead of myself, but if we beat UVA, could Duke vs. Virginia Tech be a game between a ranked and an unranked team? Probably not, but I bet we'd be ahead in the "others receiving votes" category. Gotta win next week first though.
    Related, I was just a bit disappointed that we received no votes this week. Granted, we have no signature wins nationally, but still.

After that VT game perhaps. I can wait.

Duke would need to beat both Virginia teams to able to make any kind of credible case for national ranking. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Related, I was just a bit disappointed that we received no votes this week. Granted, we have no signature wins nationally, but still.
    Like Wilbon, I was not surprised. We haven't beaten a really good team yet. We had a chance and got thrashed.

I noticed we even dropped in the Sagarin ratings (something like from #85 to #86) after beating Wake Forest ... probably because Stanford got beat this week.

BTW, UVA is #85 now in Sagarin, very close in rating, and the "home advantage" implies we should be a slight favorite.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I don't care about rankings or votes (we've only beaten one team with a winning record, so it also honestly would not make sense)...the part that makes me happy is that once again our away game is the 12:30 slot. That means that for the unc game we will be kicking off at 2:30 at the earliest, which of course makes for a much longer and more enjoyable tailgate at home.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I don't care about rankings or votes (we've only beaten one team with a winning record, so it also honestly would not make sense)...the part that makes me happy is that once again our away game is the 12:30 slot. That means that for the unc game we will be kicking off at 2:30 at the earliest, which of course makes for a much longer and more enjoyable tailgate at home.
    Does it work that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Does it work that way?
    No, it doesn't.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Does it work that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    But we can hope!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    No...it doesn't officially work that way, but it's a habit they've done a pretty good job of sticking to over the years. They don't want the same team playing in the same time slot on the same network back to back. There is a slim to no chance that the Duke - unc game won't be televised, not with Duke playing that game with a winning record (and possibly a chance to be bowl eligible). Just as the game at Wake was played at 12:30, they then gave Duke the 3pm kick for this weekend. Since the VT game is also at 12:30, that will be the second time in 3 weeks that they filled that slot. They won't make it 3 in one month and they won't give Duke that slot back to back.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm kind of glad for the 12:30 start. Night games in Blacksburg are tougher for any opponent, so the early start is good with me. Normally I'd like a later start, but not this time. Let's hope we are all celebrating like crazy about 3:30 that day.

No...it doesn't officially work that way, but it's a habit they've done a pretty good job of sticking to over the years. They don't want the same team playing in the same time slot on the same network back to back. There is a slim to no chance that the Duke - unc game won't be televised, not with Duke playing that game with a winning record (and possibly a chance to be bowl eligible). Just as the game at Wake was played at 12:30, they then gave Duke the 3pm kick for this weekend. Since the VT game is also at 12:30, that will be the second time in 3 weeks that they filled that slot. They won't make it 3 in one month and they won't give Duke that slot back to back.
    So they won't give Duke the slot back to back, but are fine with giving Virginia Tech the same slot twice in a row? I am pretty sure ESPN just picks enough games to fill all their open slots and leaves two games to syndication. ESPN certainly owes a national TV slot since we will have gone without one for our first seven games.

Here is the list of affliates for the game:
    http://www.theacc.com/live/2012-acc-...inia-tech.html

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    So they won't give Duke the slot back to back, but are fine with giving Virginia Tech the same slot twice in a row?
    Ooh, good catch. I'm still standing by my guess, though. It's only a guess and a hopeful one. Noon tailgates are the pits.

Ooh, good catch. I'm still standing by my guess, though. It's only a guess and a hopeful one. Noon tailgates are the pits.
    They are not that bad. The TBCC has made some great French toast, bacon, sausage biscuits, pastries and egg casseroles in the past and there are a few breaskfast stouts on the market...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They are not that bad. The TBCC has made some great French toast, bacon, sausage biscuits, pastries and egg casseroles in the past and there are a few breaskfast stouts on the market...

Well yeah we can cook up breakfast with the best, but it's way more fun setting up our grills at 7am for a 7pm kickoff.

I will say I enjoy an early game now and then, tailgate included...but I prefer them later in the season when it would be cold and dark in Wallace Wade in the late afternoon. (But if we ever get a November night game, I'll happily suffer!)