Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    objectively, no. UNC is better this year. This team should make the ncaa.
    Does being one of the +4 teams really count as making the tournament, though?

The AP story has been revised and corrected. The lede now reads:

ATLANTA — Iman Shumpert, Glen Rice and Georgia Tech finally played a complete game — just in time for North Carolina's worst shooting performance in 56 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    The AP story has been revised and corrected. The lede now reads:

ATLANTA — Iman Shumpert, Glen Rice and Georgia Tech finally played a complete game — just in time for North Carolina's worst shooting performance in 56 years.
    Maybe AP has updated it, but the AP article on ESPN and Yahoo! Sports both still have the incorrect facts. In fact, on ESPN's college basketball front page, the article title is "Ga. Tech holds UNC to low score under Williams"... And I stand corrected about the half empty stadium comment...definitely more embarrassing that more UNC fans than Ga Tech ones. But not quite as embarrassing as losing by 20 to a team of Ga Tech's caliber.

Bad shooting for NC@CH

The TV announcers - I really like G-man as a color guy - were saying that Carolina only made 1 (one!!) bucket from the field in the last NINE minutes. OMG! They started to get down at about the 10-12 minute mark and just threw in the towel.

Roy

Roy is now somehow 0 for his last 4 against Hewitt and came through with this bit of hilarity after the game:

“We didn’t come frickin’ ready to play. I’m mad at the world. We stunk. I’m so mad I’d fight somebody with a chainsaw right now.”

Handling adversity with steadfastness and grace is not Roy's thing.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    The TV announcers - I really like G-man as a color guy - were saying that Carolina only made 1 (one!!) bucket from the field in the last NINE minutes. OMG! They started to get down at about the 10-12 minute mark and just threw in the towel.
    Yeah, but did Gminski try to figure that if Barnes had hit 'one more' shot, his average would be better?

I think you can count UNC out for 2nd or even 3rd place in the league. I'm not sure that they're gonna be able to get it together for a spot in the Dance. Losing by 20 to arguably the worst team in the league doesn't help on any count. I'm really hoping they lose to Clemson next!!!
    Once again, Marshall outplayed Drew II. When, oh when, will Ol' Roy learn to use the better players correctly. Again, KM should never ever be substituted with LD II, perhaps LDII can play alongside KM, but should never be used to replace him: KM after 40minutes is better than a fresh LDII.
    UNC SUXX!!! Go DUke!!!

Let's not get carried away

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I think you can count UNC out for 2nd or even 3rd place in the league. I'm not sure that they're gonna be able to get it together for a spot in the Dance. Losing by 20 to arguably the worst team in the league doesn't help on any count. I'm really hoping they lose to Clemson next!!!
    Once again, Marshall outplayed Drew II. When, oh when, will Ol' Roy learn to use the better players correctly. Again, KM should never ever be substituted with LD II, perhaps LDII can play alongside KM, but should never be used to replace him: KM after 40minutes is better than a fresh LDII.
    UNC SUXX!!! Go DUke!!!
    It's a bad loss for Kerlina, but I'm not ready to count them out. GT isn't arguably the worst team in the league, unless Wake has been expelled.
    Don't get me wrong. I'd love for UNC to have another rough ACC season and I have hopes, but UNC was playing better before last night. Obviously, the point guard troubles continue and that will hurt them badly against teams that can pressure the ball.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    well, to be fair to the AP, that wasn't really much of a contested game.

And, oh yeah -- GO CLEMSON!!!!!
    Calling Klemnop. Don't forget your promise.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Calling Klemnop. Don't forget your promise.
    IIRC, last time Klemnop addressed the issue, he appeared to be resigned to the fact that a Clemson MBB victory in chappaheeya was not going to happen. Ever.

Only if UNC had quality guards, like Irving or Smith, they would be a much better team.

And if Harrison Barnes played at Duke, he would probably had much better stats playing with guards who can actually dish him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stealth View Post
    “We didn’t come frickin’ ready to play. I’m mad at the world. We stunk. I’m so mad I’d fight somebody with a chainsaw right now.”

i really think that's kind of funny...

there's a thread (or some posts) that suggest roy played drew more than he should have because drew's dad bought 30 tix for family and friends....man...that's just crazy talk...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Just looking at the box score for the game and I noticed that 10 players for UNC got at least 15 minutes of action in that game. I'm certainly no coach, but I don't know that I see 10 players on that team that deserve that sort of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It's a bad loss for Kerlina, but I'm not ready to count them out. GT isn't arguably the worst team in the league, unless Wake has been expelled.
    Don't get me wrong. I'd love for UNC to have another rough ACC season and I have hopes, but UNC was playing better before last night. Obviously, the point guard troubles continue and that will hurt them badly against teams that can pressure the ball.
    I agree. If anything, this shows them to be wildly inconsistent. The UK win has been looking like more and more of a high quality win. Plus, before yesterday, UNC was playing very efficient defense - something we had not seen last season. It isn't completely out of the realm of possibility that they beat us and then lose to someone like Wake.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Talking Jay's Blooper on Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Yeah, but did Gminski try to figure that if Barnes had hit 'one more' shot, his average would be better?
    I'm glad you picked up on that Bilas blooper in the VT game. "Just one more made shot by Barnes per game would make his year look much better," said our man. Hey, Jay, over 16 (now 17) games one more made shot per game is no trifling matter and has only a very, very small chance (~1%) of occurring randomly.

I think Jay, one of the best basketball analysts, needs to stick to law and policy and avoid statistics.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I'm glad you picked up on that Bilas blooper in the VT game. "Just one more made shot by Barnes per game would make his year look much better," said our man. Hey, Jay, over 16 (now 17) games one more made shot per game is no trifling matter and has only a very, very small chance (~1%) of occurring randomly.

I think Jay, one of the best basketball analysts, needs to stick to law and policy and avoid statistics.

sagegrouse
    "Know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It's 25 hits. 25 hits in 500 at bats is 50 points, okay? There's 6 months in a season, that's about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week - just one - a gorp... you get a groundball, you get a groundball with eyes... you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week... and you're in Yankee Stadium."

-- Crash Davis

Don't count on it

I think you can count UNC out for 2nd or even 3rd place in the league. I'm not sure that they're gonna be able to get it together for a spot in the Dance.
    It's a little early to be making these assumptions. Anything could happen.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 01-17-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fix quote tag

I find it amusing that when I go to ESPN.com and click on SCORES to read about the game (and possibly see highlights), the UNC score doesn't show up.

This puzzles me...until I realize that my default set-up shows only the Top 25 scores!

Might as well have fun with this as long as I can!

Anyone have a link to video highlights? I couldn't get the game last night.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stealth View Post
    Sorry Roy, you don't play in the Thunderdome this year.

Gutcheck Time in Chapel Hill!

UNC SUXX!!! Go DUke!!!
    This is the biggest game of the year for the Heels. Sunday night was their College-of-Charleston moment. Now we get to see what they can bring against Clemson. And the "Baby Blues" only get one day to practice, 'cause it's tomorrow night.

For K this would be like the aftermath of the Virginia Tech loss five years ago in Blacksburg. Duke lost, and K said he felt nothing inside on the ride home. At JD's suggestion, Duke started the guys who were hustling most in practice. This was the Patrick Davidson game, and the starting lineup was Davidson, Patrick Johnson, and Reggie Love, plus JJ and Shelden. Duke beat the highly ranked Deacons by ten, and Chris Paul and Skip Prosser were convinced that K was trying to get Patrick to pick a fight with the hot-tempered Deacon.

sagegrouse