Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Honestly, I believe the 2013 class has better PF/SF recruits. I don't think we need Amile this year and would rather have Randle, Parker, or Young from next years class.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. All three you mentioned are highly likely to be a 1 or 2 and done. Amile would give us continuity through 2012 to 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    Honestly, I believe the 2013 class has better PF/SF recruits. I don't think we need Amile this year and would rather have Randle, Parker, or Young from next years class.

Quote Originally Posted by summerville View Post
    No meltdown but it will sting some. Amile just seems like a good kid that would be a great fit to the Duke family. Not saying Bazz/TP aren't but Bazz probably is a one and done and TP well...we know what we use TP for.
    Setting screens?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    I don't think fandom is as narrowly defined as you do, and that expressing concern about the direction of the program (or certain aspects of it) and reasonable, supported criticism of the coaching staff is well within the bounds of good fandom. K has earned our trust, as as positive as things seem for 2013 and 2014, so too they seemed at one time for 2012, when a one person class was unthinkable. I trust him, but there are good reasons to be concerned about ou recruiting, and not just concerns arising out of the last 45 days of misses. I hope to see and want to see that ship righted, and I'll root regardless, but I'm concerned about recruiting. I'll admit that some of my pessimism may result from my outlook on next season, which is far less optmistic than most here. I think that the fade at the end of last year -- reminiscent of the seasons from 2005 to 2009 -- have us poised for what could be (by our standards) a long 12 months. I hope that our recruiting isn't such over the next year that those 12 months stretch into 24 or 36
    You make good points.

To be clear, I'm fine with offering critique and questioning authority as part of the normative privilege of a team's fanbase, but melting down isn't a part of true fandom, in my view. It's a sign that one's fandom is predominantly self-serving and not truly in support of the team irrespective of the weather on that day.

Kyrie represents! Amile, this could be you.

Hopefully, if Amile watches this today, it would inspire him to be a Blue Devil. Pretty well spoken for a 20 year old, and it doesn't seem to be hurting his standing as a basketball player (or marketable icon) either.

We'd love to have you join the family, Amile!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    Hopefully, if Amile watches this today, it would inspire him to be a Blue Devil. Pretty well spoken for a 20 year old, and it doesn't seem to be hurting his standing as a basketball player (or marketable icon) either.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Nice interview--and a nice hat tip to Coach K by Kyrie. Thanks for sharing the link.

Here's a link to live coverage of Amile's decision, for those interested:

http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/art...7891996608.txt

another epic production
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Its DUKE!!!!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Is this thing being recorded in an aquatic center?

DUKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    another epic production
    well, whatta you know?

Woo Hoo short and sweet. Gotta love it. I like him already!

Awesome news! Welcome to Duke Amile!!!!

Duke!! It's official!

That was fast

Finally!!!!!! Welcome to the family Amile!

It's Duke babbyyyyyyyy!

I'm pretty pumped, but I can't hear a darn thing!

Feels good to get one of these! Seems like a good kid, would have wished him luck wherever he went but... now I'll wish a little harder.

Welcome Amile!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post

Nice choice :0) Glad to see Gene Banks get a shout out in the questions about his deciding to go to Duke from the Philly area!

Go Amile!!!!!!!!! Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!