Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Which Carolina player is gone?

Q. Thomas graduates...

I think TH comes back for his senior yr.
    Ellington and Lawson go pro.
    Don't be surprised if D. Green tests the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Q.
    Don't be surprised if D. Green tests the waters.
    Huh?!! you mean Green is going to join the Merchant Marines?

In my gut, they're all back next year, though it pains me to say it. Hansborough is back for sure, and if he does come back, I'm going to have a hard time not pulling for him if the Heels make it farther in the tourney than we do. I can't help but respect anyone who passes up the NBA for another chance to win an NC, even if he is a 'hole.

If anyone's gone, it's Lawson, which will hurt the Heels considerably since Q. Thomas is graduating. It all falls to Bobby Frasor next year...we'll see if he's up to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Huh?!! you mean Green is going to join the Merchant Marines?
    I think he'll be spending the summer doing research at the Marine Lab.

Quote Originally Posted by duke98 View Post
    In my gut, they're all back next year, though it pains me to say it. Hansborough is back for sure, and if he does come back, I'm going to have a hard time not pulling for him if the Heels make it farther in the tourney than we do. I can't help but respect anyone who passes up the NBA for another chance to win an NC, even if he is a 'hole.

If anyone's gone, it's Lawson, which will hurt the Heels considerably since Q. Thomas is graduating. It all falls to Bobby Frasor next year...we'll see if he's up to the challenge.
    Okay, maybe Hansbro IS back but did anyone else find the timing of the announcement that his shirt will be retired, coming before the ACC Tournament and no auspicious event on the immediate horizon, a little odd?

You're kidding, right?

Hansborough is back for sure, and if he does come back, I'm going to have a hard time not pulling for him if the Heels make it farther in the tourney than we do. I can't help but respect anyone who passes up the NBA for another chance to win an NC, even if he is a 'hole.
    This is blasphemy.

They'll be back don't worry. Let's just hope King was the last of the Blue Devils to leave. This will be our season regardless. It has to be.

Okay so NCAA Championship count by coaches

K 3
    Dean 2
    McQuire 1
    Sloan 1
    Jimmie V 1
    Williams (Md) 1
    D'Oh .5
    Williams (UNC-Ch) .5

Have I missed anyone?

Nobody, and you are reading that right... NOBODY is leaving

put down your drink...

they will all go just like felton and may...they've seen how HARD it is to even GET close as well as how close their NBA money is to being gone on an injury... PLUS....how much confidence can you have in the head coach and staff when you've been the best team in the nation two years running and you STILL get bounced...

also....hanstravel's dad was crying...he knows that was the last time he'll play as a hole...

wow....

Just Q...

Tyler and Ty have both been said many times that they wont consider leaving until they win a NC. Plus considering how badly they played, there is no way any player on that team deserves a lottery pick. I'd be surprised if even one Carolina player is even projected in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    put down your drink...

they will all go just like felton and may...they've seen how HARD it is to even GET close as well as how close their NBA money is to being gone on an injury... PLUS....how much confidence can you have in the head coach and staff when you've been the best team in the nation two years running and you STILL get bounced...

also....hanstravel's dad was crying...he knows that was the last time he'll play as a hole...

wow....
    Again, last year they were not as good as the two time defending champions Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by pete89 View Post
    Just Q...

Tyler and Ty have both been said many times that they wont consider leaving until they win a NC. Plus considering how badly they played, there is no way any player on that team deserves a lottery pick. I'd be surprised if even one Carolina player is even projected in the first round
    Sooner or later, by NCAA rules, they will be forced to leave.

what would you say?

Reporter: Are you going pro?

Player sitting in locker room with coaches and teammates around with meaningful games left to play: "Of course I am staying"

We won't know who stays and who goes until the NBA deadline is past.

Tyler's not so chatty after a loss.

ok kinda off topic

I have been telling my wife that I had no clue what hanstravel was majoring in, in college. He has shot like a million free throws and that is when they usually show it but I have never seen it. Well tonight I finally saw that he majors in communications. As soon as we saw that my wife asked me if hooked on phonics is considered communications....I proceeded to spit my drink out haha...

I think it's rather simple:

If Lawson and Ellington leave, Hansbrough is gone also. At that point, the writing would already be on the wall that Carolina will not be winning anything big, with or without the plow horse.

If both Lawson and Ellington return, then Hasbrough will as well.

I honestly don't think it will happen in any other way. One of those two outcomes will be it, IMO.

Let's hope for the former.

Can Lawson turn down 2+ million (lottery pick?) for a CHANCE to win it all.

I believe they all know - no matter how good a team is, they can lose in a 1 and done tournament. Also, any player can get hurt.

How torrmenting would the thought of coming back and going through this all again be for UNC players? With what these guys have accomplished, it would be a wasted year.

Regardless, if UNC brings back Hansbrough, I believe they'll still be a GREAT team even without Lawson and Ellington.

Hansbrough (can you imagine him with another year of hard work???)
    Thompson
    Stepheson
    Ginyard
    Frazier (starting point guard)
    Green (starting in place of Ellington)

Now throw in Tyler Zeller, Ed Davis and Larry Drew. If just one of those can step in and play as well as a Singler - I wouldn't be surprised to see a final four appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Can Lawson turn down 2+ million (lottery pick?) for a CHANCE to win it all.

I believe they all know - no matter how good a team is, they can lose in a 1 and done tournament. Also, any player can get hurt.

How torrmenting would the thought of coming back and going through this all again be for UNC players? With what these guys have accomplished, it would be a wasted year.

Regardless, if UNC brings back Hansbrough, I believe they'll still be a GREAT team even without Lawson and Ellington.

Hansbrough (can you imagine him with another year of hard work???)
    Thompson
    Stepheson
    Ginyard
    Frazier (starting point guard)
    Green (starting in place of Ellington)

Now throw in Tyler Zeller, Ed Davis and Larry Drew. If just one of those can step in and play as well as a Singler - I wouldn't be surprised to see a final four appearance.
    Is Lawson a lottery pick though? At the very least, Beasley, Rose, Gordon, Bayless, Lopez, and Mayo are ahead of him. I don't know the rest of the draft class that well, but Lawson doesn't strike me as a top 10 kind of guy. He's Speedy Claxton on a better college team.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke