Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yawwwwnnnnn ...

this discussion is still going on, eh? Well, look guys it was a physical game on both sides. Thought Maynor's foul on Paulas was smart, because he was trying to wear him down. Thought Paulas getting up in Maynor's grill was smart, 'cause he was trying to get Maynor ejected, and/or his head out the game. And it sucks when young men get hurt, but it is a physical sport. I mean every single player on that court knows they run the risk of getting hurt, and will run themselves dead if they have too. That is what happened. Besides for neither Coach to mention it in the postgame, neither player said anything, none of the media outlets called it anything other then what it was: a knock-down-drag-out war.

Good game! Hell, GREAT game. It won't always end the way it did; it just did this time! Good luck, you don't need me to tell you that you will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteringRam View Post
    Yawwwwnnnnn ...

this discussion is still going on, eh?

Yes, but to look at it in a positive way, at least it got us off Hendo/Hansbrough.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Refs should go to where Carolina should go

Personally I would rather have a broken nose than what Scheyer had in the VCU game.

This whole Duke gets all the calls thing is absolutely insane. Has anyone seen the NCAA tournament?

Langdon in '99, Boozer in '02, and Redick in '04 all were fouled in the last 30 seconds and nothing was called. Yet, still we are dogged by accusations of getting all the calls. The numbnuts on ESPN et al that believe we do are either completely blind or completely stupid.

I'm not even including the LSU '06 and VCU '07 examples because those were badly called for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteringRam View Post
    Besides for neither Coach to mention it in the postgame, neither player said anything...
    NCAA and individual conference rules prohibit players and coaches from publicly criticizing officials, their calls or the absence of calls.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    NCAA and individual conference rules prohibit players and coaches from publicly criticizing officials, their calls or the absence of calls.
    True, but it does not prohibit the media asking coaches about these things. Also, I never said "Duke gets all the calls." I mean for Pete's sake it is college basketball. Things go your way sometimes and sometimes they don't, that goes for Duke, VCU, UNC, GMU, OSU, etc etc etc. We all get the call sometimes. And we all get the shaft other times.