Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Andre Dawkins to Duke

duke.scout.com

front page news, says "Dawkins to ACC".
    I can't see the content!!!!

yes, its true...he is a future blue devil!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skitelz View Post
    yes, its true...he is a future blue devil!!!!
    thanks guys for the news.

wow...like a day after they offered him. Although we haven't been getting all of our top recruits lately, I guess some recruits are still enthusiastic about Duke

It was said the decision was made before he left Duke...

Not sure if it's accurate, but it sure ain't far off.

Awesome. What do we know about him? I saw that Rivals has him as the number 2 shooting guard and 12 overall in the class of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Awesome. What do we know about him? I saw that Rivals has him as the number 2 shooting guard and 12 overall in the class of 2010.
    Well, I wish Scout had even that much about him. Aside from him being a 4-star SG, they've got nothing. I could say that he's a descendant of a band of native Himalayans, and Scout.com can't disprove it.

M.H.

ESPN has him rated as a 40/100. Im not sure if this is updated or correct.This is all I could find on him. Link would not work.

http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/

I told BDNP members that he was a virtual lock earlier tonight. Here is a bit on him. He called the coaches in Las Vegas tonight with the news.

That is an EXCELLENT sign of things to come...

This is great! Now if we could just get a few more '09 recruits we'd be in business for real

Dawkins has a great outside touch and will be able to drain threes from the new extended stripe. He visited Duke with the Plumlees and has seen a few games in Cameron. He plays good defense and is long enough to take up space. He has a good handle, but is not a PG. He is big enough to hit the boards and is an excellent student. The mere fact he is playing with the older Boo Williams team speaks volumes. At 6-4 he can see over defenses and at 16 he is still growing and will at least hit 6-5. He plays cool and under control.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    It was said the decision was made before he left Duke...

Not sure if it's accurate, but it sure ain't far off.
    In all honesty, it was made the second Duke offered. The dressing came later. It's a solid pickup. There are more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    In all honesty, it was made the second Duke offered. The dressing came later. It's a solid pickup. There are more to come.
    Any idea on if/who's getting offered in '09 now that McDonald committed to UNC?

im pretty sure that as soon as coach k meets jamil wilson in person an offer will be extended to him. if we get all of our remaining targets for the class, it will consist of: kenny boynton 6'2 combo guard (offered), jamil wilson 6'7 combo forward (offer pending), and mason plumlee 6'11 point power forward (committed). if we only get mason and our back-up plans the class will consist of: mason plumlee, terrell vinson 6'7 combo forward (backup to wilson) and nick russell 6'4 true point (backup for boynton)

great news. Classes of 09 and 10 should keep Duke in the elite of college hoops

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Any idea on if/who's getting offered in '09 now that McDonald committed to UNC?
    I think Wilson will get an offer. There are five backup plans. Dawkins replaced McDonald.

actually word on the street is that we are looking very, very good with hairston.

and by the street...i mean the scout board.

really that's the rumor going around everywhere.

haha, well thank you for your sarcasm...but i mean better than what everyone else is talking about.