Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Terrance Ross is leaving Washington for the Draft. How will this effect Oriakhi's decision, if at all?

LINK:http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...the-nba-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Terrance Ross is leaving Washington for the Draft. How will this effect Oriakhi's decision, if at all?

LINK:http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...the-nba-draft/
    Dont think this should effect his recruitment at all unless he is seriously considering Washington. Ross is a 2/3 and therefore doesnt affect Oriakhi's playing time. If anything, this might make Washington less attractive due to the loss of their most talented player.

I saw on another board that there is some thought McAdoo will return and they will add Oriakhi.

VT in play?

I stumbled across this article that claims Virginia Tech is trying to get into the Oriakhi hunt. I can't really see him going there, but stranger things have happened.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/vi...akhi-wash-post

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I stumbled across this article that claims Virginia Tech is trying to get into the Oriakhi hunt. I can't really see him going there, but stranger things have happened.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/vi...akhi-wash-post
    Certainly would have all the playing time he could handle there...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Certainly would have all the playing time he could handle there...
    And at Unc. If I were Oriakhi, Unc would be my fallback unless a school with a shot at a title plus 30 minutes of playing time was a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    And at Unc. If I were Oriakhi, Unc would be my fallback unless a school with a shot at a title plus 30 minutes of playing time was a possibility.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHH... he might hear you...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH... he might hear you...
    That's fine. Shabazz will just have to dunk on him next year if that's what he thinks he wants.

Even with Oriakhi, the Unc train will be stuck in turnover gear without Marshall. I also think there's a decent chance McAdoo makes the jump to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    That's fine. Shabazz will just have to dunk on him next year if that's what he thinks he wants.

Even with Oriakhi, the Unc train will be stuck in turnover gear without Marshall. I also think there's a decent chance McAdoo makes the jump to the NBA.
    Yea but I want UNC to stink as badly as possible. Is that too much to ask?

right ... need to reinforce the notion that a down Duke year = a first round exit. A down UNC year = barely making the NIT.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by jennja01 View Post
    Dont think this should effect his recruitment at all unless he is seriously considering Washington. Ross is a 2/3 and therefore doesnt affect Oriakhi's playing time. If anything, this might make Washington less attractive due to the loss of their most talented player.
    Make it their two most talented players, as Tony Wroten is going pro too. That team is not going to be very good next year. Oriakhi would sure get plenty of playing time, but it'll be on a pretty mediocre team a long, long way from home. Gotta be better options than that.

Best post I've seen in a long time. There bad years make all of our bad losses just sting a little less.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    If for no other reason than the joy of watching Ol Roy's meltdowns in the post game pressers! "I was telling my massage therapist just last night how..." well u get the picture..

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    If for no other reason than the joy of watching Ol Roy's meltdowns in the post game pressers! "I was telling my massage therapist just last night how..." well u get the picture..
    There's no happy ending to that story.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    There's no happy ending to that story.
    Ok that was pretty funny

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    He's meeting with Calipari. Interesting stuff here, including some other schools mentioned.

Amore mentions that, in addition to UNC, Duke, Kentucky and Missouri, Oriakhi is also talking to Kansas, Ohio State, Southern Cal, UCLA and NC State.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs/...146265575.html

Here's a question...it's being reported that Oriakhi is going to be able to transfer without sitting out a year because UCONN can't play in the postseason next year...but that's not set in stone yet.
    UConn, of course, did not take this punishment lying down: It filed a formal appeal with the NCAA before the March 26 deadline, as school president Susan Herbst argued that data from the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons shouldn't be used to assess the current group of players and their eligibility for the NCAA tournament. It now awaits a hearing in front of the NCAA's Committee on Academic Performance (CAP). No less than UConn's 2012-13 season is on the line.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball
    IF by some slim chance that UCONN is given a reprieve, then Orkiakhi will have to sit a year because he is no longer under any special circumstances. That will be interesting, because all of these teams are going after him now because they want him on the court this season. I'm sure they would like him on the court next year, too, but he may not be interested in waiting that long. If he has to sit, he may go looking overseas until next year's draft, and it's hard to imagine him going back to UCONN since it seems he burned that bridge pretty well. (Plus they already released him.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That will be interesting, because all of these teams are going after him now because they want him on the court this season. I'm sure they would like him on the court next year, too, but he may not be interested in waiting that long. If he has to sit, he may go looking overseas until next year's draft, and it's hard to imagine him going back to UCONN since it seems he burned that bridge pretty well. (Plus they already released him.)
    When he announced he was transferring I read a quote from his father saying if UConn won the appeal he still wanted to transfer out and would sit the year (sorry, no longer have the link). He could change his mind, of course, but it sounded like he was prepared for the possibility he'd have to sit out a year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    When he announced he was transferring I read a quote from his father saying if UConn won the appeal he still wanted to transfer out and would sit the year (sorry, no longer have the link). He could change his mind, of course, but it sounded like he was prepared for the possibility he'd have to sit out a year.
    Cool, thanks. Would it affect any of the schools pursuing him if they thought there was a real chance he could sit? I'm guessing no, but it's interesting to think about since he will only give any school one year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Cool, thanks. Would it affect any of the schools pursuing him if they thought there was a real chance he could sit? I'm guessing no, but it's interesting to think about since he will only give any school one year.
    Yeah, I agree with your guess. Seems any of the mentioned schools will have just as big a need for a big man the following year (especially Duke).

Seems to be official...