Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why is nobody talking about Mason Plumlee?

I haven't seen anyone talking about Mason and his obvious decision to stay at Duke. I wonder why he never announced his decision to the Blue Devil Nation. The N&O made a big deal about Leslie and I surely believe Mason's decision is news worthy.
    Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratrat View Post
    I haven't seen anyone talking about Mason and his obvious decision to stay at Duke. I wonder why he never announced his decision to the Blue Devil Nation. The N&O made a big deal about Leslie and I surely believe Mason's decision is news worthy.
    Anybody?
    I think the bolded answered your own question. Mason never stated he was considering going pro, Leslie did. Mason's decision was never in question.

Anybody?
    you dont' have to announce your decision to stay in college. Tyler Thornton didn't have a press conference to announce that he was returning to Duke

Because Mason Plummlee doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Because Mason Plummlee doesn't exist?

The greatest trick the Mason Ever pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    The greatest trick the Mason Ever pulled.

I think Keyser Soze could play the 3 and maybe the 4 with the right matchups.

MP2 may be quiet now...but next year he'll be loud as he posts 46 pts and 19 Reb against the Tar Heels...oh wait, that was Dwight Howard in G1 of the Hawks series, my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    I think Keyser Soze could play the 3 and maybe the 4 with the right matchups.
    Especially now that he got that toe taken care of. (Those Duke medical center doctors are amazing!)

"How do you block out the devil, agent Kujan?

"What if you miss?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "How do you block out the devil, agent Kujan?

"What if you miss?!?"
    You would need an Orca Fat low post player. Perhaps Redfoot would be up to the task too, but it is doubtful.

I haven't seen anyone talking about Mason and his obvious decision to stay at Duke. I wonder why he never announced his decision to the Blue Devil Nation.
    I cannot express with sufficient gratitude my, well, gratitude to Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I may be in a minority of one here, but if Mason has decided to stay, I'd just as soon he not have a press conference to announce it. No Skype/Tweet stuff, either. Preferably no announcement whatsoever, from him, his family, his brothers, Nolan, Kyrie, GoDuke, the Honorable Mods, nobody. I'd prefer that he simply let pass the deadline to declare for the draft.

It would show some extra good sense on Mason's part. In effect, he'd be saying, "Yeah, I know there's talk about me and the NBA, but I think I need to improve some first. And Miles and I are gonna beat the crap out of Marshall in practice. Some things are more important than money."
    Fwiw, I'd bet the chance to beat up on Marshall was the key to Mason's non-decision. Hard to top brotherly love. Or, as Mason said, "You know, my little brother has been a royal pain. It's pay-back time." [Can't find link, but I'll keep looking.]

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I cannot express with sufficient gratitude my, well, gratitude to Mason.

Fwiw, I'd bet the chance to beat up on Marshall was the key to Mason's non-decision. Hard to top brotherly love. Or, as Mason said, "You know, my little brother has been a royal pain. It's pay-back time." [Can't find link, but I'll keep looking.]
    Yeah, didn't Marshall recently give Mason a public jab about his 40%-ish free throw shooting?

By the way, if that's incentive for Mason to shoot a hundred more free throws every day over the summer, fine with me.

Is there any chance a mod would be willing to change the title so Mason's name is spelled properly? It is strange to see the name of our starting center, back-up center, and third string center all spelled wrong on a Duke forum

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, didn't Marshall recently give Mason a public jab about his 40%-ish free throw shooting?
    Yeah, I forgot about that. You know, for those posters who suggest maybe Marshall should redshirt, well, maybe he'll have to medical redshirt. I hope K doesn't kick Mason off the team for taking Marshall out in the first practice. But he probably will just suspend him for a few games.... and report Cleveland St. to the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Is there any chance a mod would be willing to change the title so Mason's name is spelled properly? It is strange to see the name of our starting center, back-up center, and third string center all spelled wrong on a Duke forum
    Since we have Miles, Mason and Marshall, shouldn't they be willing to change their name to Plummmlee?

Seems only fair.

Part of it is that Mason is a smaller piece of a good team, while Leslie is the star of a worse team.

Also, Leslie has more potential and is a bit better than Mason at similar stages of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Since we have Miles, Mason and Marshall, shouldn't they be willing to change their name to Plummmlee?

Seems only fair.
    I would vote for Plummmleee!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

backup center?

It is strange to see the name of our starting center, back-up center, and third string center all spelled wrong on a Duke forum
    Starting center? Backup center?

Weren't both Mason AND Miles starting post players for the last half of last season?

I'll give you Marshall as a third-string guy ... but Miles and Mason are 40 percent of our starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

Weren't both Mason AND Miles starting post players for the last half of last season?

I'll give you Marshall as a third-string guy ... but Miles and Mason are 40 percent of our starting lineup.
    Besides, it's the offseason, and Miles is always Duke's starting center in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

True, but I found it more amusing to go three deep at a position and say you've spelled ALL their names wrong Your way is fine too!