Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    This team maybe worse than last year's unc squad. Barnes is a bust, the kid goes like 3-13 every game.
    objectively, no. UNC is better this year. This team should make the ncaa.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    what do you do? no one played well. no one showed poise or toughness. there was no cohesiveness. Roy starts 5 guys that immediately go down 8 in the first half and again go down 8 in the second half. he has got to find a mix of players that can pass and catch the ball and then, if he can find 5 guys that can figure that out, then maybe he could teach them how to dribble. if he can climb those mountains, then try and teach them to shoot the ball. really, one of the most frustrating games i have ever seen. GT played well, but UNC had so many stupid TO's that were not forced. Missed too many wide open lay ups. Made fouls 40 ft away from the basket. Really, really, really stupid basketball. Good news for you guys, most of these guys will be here for 2 to 3 more years.
    Always interested in your perspective, Kong, even when we disagree.

I saw Duke lose at the Thiller Dome a few years ago -- it's a tough place to play. I'd put it third behind Cameron (or course) and the newly renovated Littlejohn which is electric.

Carolina really lacks upperclass leadership. And pg play. It's hard to win without one, it's really hard to do so without either.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    objectively, no. UNC is better this year. This team should make the ncaa.
    Agreed with this, though the latter isn't great evidence (UNC's competition to make the tournament is also weaker).

UNC's a better team this year, having lost...no one of actual importance (Ed Davis wasn't significant due to his injury) and having a healthy Zeller plus a better point guard option for at least 15 minutes a game.

But they're not a great team, probably not even a good team. They can win at home. On the road is going to be a doozy.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    From the AP recap:

Uh, 82-50!!! Come on Associated Press writer.
    well, to be fair to the AP, that wasn't really much of a contested game.

And, oh yeah -- GO CLEMSON!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakerace View Post
    will this be the year Clemson wins in CH?
    After 52 or 53 tries? Why start now?

From IC Board

Here's a quote from IC:

Does it ever feel like Roy thinks he's playing Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Climpsun is markedly worse this year than they were last. I do not expect them to win in the Nose Dome this Wednesday.

what truly is amazing is Carolina had 20 more fts than GT... and still lost.. by 20

that is very rare
    That can't possibly be correct. WE get all the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have not seen Clemson play at all. What are the thoughts for them matching up and maybe breaking this 5 decade plus streak?

Here's another quote from IC:

Someone please tell me what Roy has done in the past season and a half that gives any evidence he can coach better than Paul Hewitt.

Hard to think of a bigger insult without citing Bob Staak.

Just a few random thoughts

1. The crowd at Alexander Memorial Coliseum (referred to at least once during the broadcast as " the Memorial Coliseum" - I guess the same as the Indoor Stadium?)
    GA Tech is notorious for fair-weathered fans, for both basketball and football. Not at all surprised that there were lots of seats to be picked up by unc fans.

2. Like several others, I took a peek at the ic boards - wow, that's brutal. really makes me appreciate DBR. Yeah, we have high expectations, and get frustrated when things are going rough, and express it. I know I did during the first half yesterday. But, we don't start 567 threads on how bad we are..

3. And, on that note, we need to keep our expectations in check for how fantastic Austin Rivers is going to be next year...remember how high everyone was on Barnes? Now they are calling him a monumental failure because he's having trouble as a freshman. I'd hate to see that happen here.

4. I'm really, really glad that we don't go to Atlanta this year. Hewitt's game plan for Duke seems to be to play physical and see how much the refs will allow them to get by with. Extremely ugly games here the last few years. I've spent most of the time worrying that someone will get hurt-not whether or not we would win. I only saw the first half of tonight's game, but can only assume that with the number of free throws that unc took, that might have been a strategy for tonight, too. Intimidate them into submission?

Another IC gem:

"I wonder if Roy's Momma told him life was like a box of chocolates?"

And, for those who keep posting about how Coach K needs to play more players more often, etc., go look at IC and see what the fan base says about their coach who does exactly that. It'll cure you quick.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Climpsun is markedly worse this year than they were last. I do not expect them to win in the Nose Dome this Wednesday.
    My point exactly. I agree with a prior poster who pointed out the fact that several years ago, despite trailing the whole game (was it the 8-20 year?), that they still shot almost 30 FT more than clumpson.

Two things hit me looking at the box score.

1. Roy put about 58 players out on the floor in this game.
    2. No player made more than 3 field goals.

And another thing, 2-12 from 3 pt range - heck we accomplish that in one half.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

I would advise yall not to sleep on Clemson @ UNC. Were the game at Clemson, I'd comfortably predict a Clemson win, but at the Dean Dome, Carolina is rightfully favored.

That said, Clemson is not a bad team. Their insane shooting against GT inflates things a bit in the efficiency rankings, but well they've won all of their last 7 games by at least 6 (including a game vs Miami, who Duke only beat by what, a dozen?), with their conference loss coming to FSU (not a terrible loss).

If Carolina doesn't play like it has at home at times this year, this is a potential upset waiting to happen.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Has it come to this? We're feeling sorry for Barnes now? Classic...
    Who is this barnes fellow people keep referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I saw Duke lose at the Thiller Dome a few years ago -- it's a tough place to play. I'd put it third behind Cameron (or course) and the newly renovated Littlejohn which is electric.
    Normally, yes. Tonight, no. It was half empty. The students and public seem to have given up on Ga Tech this season...

what truly is amazing is Carolina had 20 more fts than GT... and still lost.. by 20

that is very rare
    That may not be just rare. Don't know how you'd check that kind of stat but I would take the bet that it's never happened before in Division I college basketball.

Talking Blue Thriller Dome -- Double Entendre

Normally, yes. Tonight, no. It was half empty. The students and public seem to have given up on Ga Tech this season...
    Worse than half empty -- it was two-thirds Carolina blue, and the announcers made much of it, saying it looked like the stands in a football bowl game -- maybe the Charlotte one (Meineke bowl). Much more blue than GT yellow. I'm sorry the little darlings got all dressed up for such a disappointment.

sagegrouse

From the AP recap:

Uh, 82-50!!! Come on Associated Press writer.

I didn't see the game, but hearing the result gives me great pleasure.
    This is some pretty horrible research on the AP's part. They were also held to 51pts at GTech last season. Was Roy not coaching that game? I think he was.

They were also held to 54pts in the Duke matchup at the Dean Dome.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."