Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Duke MBB 2008-09 Schedule

Does anyone know where i can find some kind of schedule, if it's out yet, for next yr. And does anyone know if we have some tough opponents this year. We need more tough road games next year.

I don't think the basketball schedules for next year are released this far in advance. When they are released, you can find the new schedules on goduke.com.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Does anyone know where i can find some kind of schedule, if it's out yet, for next yr. And does anyone know if we have some tough opponents this year. We need more tough road games next year.
    I would think it's too early for a schedule.

I don't think we played cupcake OOC games. But I too would like to see some road games. I understand that tournament games are supposed to be neutral court games. But in reality, really? Almost the whole Verizon center was pro-Belmont. I don't blame the fans. Who wouldn't root for the underdogs?

The schedule is released on the third Friday in August.

In terms of road games, it's our year to be on the road in the ACC/Big 10 challenge (although there's always a chance it'll be at a neutral site), and the series with Georgetown is supposed to resume, with the game being at Georgetown.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The schedule is released on the third Friday in August.

In terms of road games, it's our year to be on the road in the ACC/Big 10 challenge (although there's always a chance it'll be at a neutral site), and the series with Georgetown is supposed to resume, with the game being at Georgetown.
    Good to hear. Thanks.

one more question...in the acc/big 10, do we play wisconsin at their place or do we rotate again?

one more question...in the acc/big 10, do we play wisconsin at their place or do we rotate again?
    I would think we play wisconsin again, right? It's gonna be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    I don't think we automatically go home and home, but it would not surprise me to see us make a trip to the Kohl Center.

It's not a home-and-home. The conferences decide on the matchups each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    It's not a home-and-home. The conferences decide on the matchups each year.
    Thanks. Because UNC and OSU had home-and-home, even when Ohio State is clearly not of the same caliber. I thought it's supposed to home-and-home.

i'd like to see a road game at purdue or wisconsin to give us a test...maybe iu if gordon stays, which is highly unlikely. Ohio State might be semi-difficult also...if the georgetown rivalry renews then that should be a good road test. Another tourney at the beginning of they year with some top teams could be helpful to

I think we had an arranged home and home with Michigan State, with the games taking place during the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. That said, I usually thought they matched (for the most part) teams in the order they finished in the conferences the year before. For example, UNC and Ohio Snake played each other this year after finishing first in their conferences last year.

That said, I think we will either play 'sconsin in Madison or perhaps a Michigan Snake at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

i'd like to see a road game at purdue or wisconsin to give us a test...maybe iu if gordon stays, which is highly unlikely. Ohio State might be semi-difficult also...if the georgetown rivalry renews then that should be a good road test. Another tourney at the beginning of they year with some top teams could be helpful to
    I heard something about a pre-season tourney, "coach and cancer" or something like that?

I heard something about a pre-season tourney, "coach and cancer" or something like that?
    Yup, that's the one -- one of the two NYC tourneys.

or perhaps a Michigan Snake at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
    Last time we played MSU, we played in the Breslin Center. Not sure why we would go to a neutral site this time around, but perhaps. The last time we played at a non-campus location for the event, however, was six seasons ago, against Ohio State in Greensboro. I certainly wouldn't mind a game at the Palace, though, as I would make the short trip up I-75 for sure.

Another place I would LOVE to go would be Ohio State's Schottenstein Center. Oh yes, it would be wonderfully contenting to pound in the nice people of Columbus...

Interesting side note on the ACC-Big Ten Challenge: As everyone knows, Duke absolutely dominates this event. We are 9-0 all-time, including a near 14 PPG spread over our Big Ten rivals since 2000 (with this season's 24 point drubbing of potential Final Four participant Wisconsin being the largest margin of victory)

The game against Georgetown should be interesting. I'd like to see E-Will dunk on Monroe.

I think we're also supposed to make a trip up to play the University of Michigan. I remember reading something earlier this season about plans to start a series now that Amaker isn't there anymore. Does anyone else remember reading about that?

^^Yep, I do believe you are right and that we will be playing up at Chrysler. I will be attending that one (if it is correct). I was in the building the last time we played there, a game that resulted in Jason Williams' smack down of all those "F*** Duke" t-shirts that were circulating and his then career high of 35 points. I believe we started that game off on a 29-4 run

We need that back. We used to absolutely HAMMER teams. What a fun year 2001-02 was. Screw Tom Coverall and his ONE basket in 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    ^^Yep, I do believe you are right and that we will be playing up at Chrysler. I will be attending that one (if it is correct). I was in the building the last time we played there, a game that resulted in Jason Williams' smack down of all those "F*** Duke" t-shirts that were circulating and his then career high of 35 points. I believe we started that game off on a 29-4 run

We need that back. We used to absolutely HAMMER teams. What a fun year 2001-02 was. Screw Tom Coverall and his ONE basket in 40 minutes.
    I think you're slightly confusing the 01-02 Michigan game with the 00-01 Michigan game at home, where the run to open the game was 34-2.

EDIT: Actually, I just read the recap of the 01-02 game, and we did start on a 29-4 run. So in back to back years against Michigan, we started a combined 63-6. Ha!
    Last edited by pfrduke; 03-26-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: correctly represent our dominance

Duke will be in the 2K Sports Coaches vs Cancer tournament, with the final 2 games playing in Madison Square Garden. Our first game is likely to be vs. Presbyterian, which is a new DI school that just joined this year, I think. Here's the tentative schedule:

11/10 – 11/13 regional game #1 – vs Presbyterian (ESPNU)
    11/11 – 11/14 regional game #2 – vs ? (ESPNU)
    11/20 semi-final game in MSG
    11/21 championship game in MSG
    11/25? at Wisconsin for acc/big10 challenge
    12/xx at Michigan?

Then in the ACC, we play UNC, MD, Wake, VT, and Florida St 2x.

State of Michigan games

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

I will be there too (I work at the UM Cancer Center.) I would be thrilled if they played MSU as well. Two Duke games in one year!