Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duke has offered Leslie McDonald

Duke has extended an offer to Leslie Williams (aka "Leslie McDonald," but only after the coffee's kicked in -ed), making him the fourth player to be offered in the class of 2009.
    Last edited by -jk; 01-15-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling error

"Duke has extended an offer to Leslie Williams"

In case you didn't know, he's good friends with recent signee Elliott McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Duke has extended an offer to Leslie Williams, making him the fourth player to be offered in the class of 2009.
    What is the complete list of 4?
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Greg Echenique
    Kenny Boynton
    Eric Murphy
    Leslie McDonald

Boynton is a 1/2 combo
    McDonald is a 6'4" 2/3 combo
    Murphy is a 6'10" 4/5 combo
    Echenique is a burly, classic low-post player

In other words, this prospective class would complement each other splendidly.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "Duke has extended an offer to Leslie Williams"

In case you didn't know, he's good friends with recent signee Elliott McDonald.
    Elliot Williams? Never mind...

Thanks for that post. I saw this page this morning (but I know it isn't always accurate):

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&cfg=bb&c=4&yr=2009

I'd love to see McDonald, Boynton, Murphy, Painter (not offered yet I know), and Echenique suit up - that's a STRONG class...
    Last edited by vango; 01-15-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I think I got it the second time I read it :)

I know it's Elliott Williams.

Mark inadvertently conflated Leslie McDonald to Leslie Williams. I responded with Elliott McDonald in an attempt at whimsical humor that apparently fell unnoticed and unmourned in some distant wilderness.

FWIW, no one in my family appreciates my sense of humor either.

Mark inadvertently conflated Leslie McDonald to Leslie Williams. I responded with Elliott McDonald in an attempt at whimsical humor that apparently fell unnoticed and unmourned in some distant wilderness.

I know - I apparently was editing my post as you were writing this message - got it the second time. A little slow this morning - I'll blame it on my sinus medication...

From what I hear...

We have a good shot at Boynton, but how do we stand with the other 3? Anyboyd have any info or feelings on how many of these 4 we may actually get? Just Curious!!!

any back up prospects out there, just in case none of these 4 sign else where.

Well....

If NONE of them sign else where we don't need a back-up plan do we?

Just Kidding (couldn't resist)

John Henson, Travis Wear, and David Wear are back-ups.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Duke is at least looking at Deshawn Painter, Jon Hood, and Terrell Vinson. Not sure how seriously. Mark can speak to this.

Let's keep in mind that targets can and will emerge later in the process. How many of us had heard of Olek Czyz a year ago?

Need more back ups

John Henson, Travis Wear, and David Wear are back-ups.
    I believe the Wear twins are headed to Carolina.

Memo to self.

No more attempts at humor.

Memo to self.

If it makes you feel any better, this post made me laugh...
    "There can BE only one."

Sorry, I don't speak sarcasm

Memo to self.

Fair enough

We are the leader for Boynton, I will be shocked if he signs anywhere but Duke. As for McDonald we have a good shot at him other schools involved besides us Tenn, Mem, and Carolina. There have been rumers that Duke is his dream school I fell real good about are chances of landing him.

Enhenique is the big guy we are going after we stand a good shot of landing him also. Other schools Vilinova, Miami, and the twerps. I believe we are the leader for his services right now, we will be in a dog fight with vilinova he likes them a lot he was at their midnight madness and loves the school. In the end I think we win out.

Murphy is the 4 guy we have offered this is guy that is hard to figure out, his dad played at BC so many people believe they lead, but he gave a interview a few weeks ago and after the interview I feel beter about landing him he mentioned Duke more than any other team, even when asked about other teams he found away to talk about Duke. I believe it comes down to Duke, BC and Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Duke has extended an offer to Leslie Williams, making him the fourth player to be offered in the class of 2009.
    No java = no brain

For some reason the edit button isn't coming up on the originsl post. Mods

name game

I understood perfectly, Jim. Kinda like Greg Zoubek and Brian Koubek .

Must be the Raleigh connection enabling the understanding of your droll wit.

Cool

Memo to self.

Good call. At least so early in the day.

Just Really Curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    We are the leader for Boynton, I will be shocked if he signs anywhere but Duke. As for McDonald we have a good shot at him other schools involved besides us Tenn, Mem, and Carolina. There have been rumers that Duke is his dream school I fell real good about are chances of landing him.

Enhenique is the big guy we are going after we stand a good shot of landing him also. Other schools Vilinova, Miami, and the twerps. I believe we are the leader for his services right now, we will be in a dog fight with vilinova he likes them a lot he was at their midnight madness and loves the school. In the end I think we win out.

Murphy is the 4 guy we have offered this is guy that is hard to figure out, his dad played at BC so many people believe they lead, but he gave a interview a few weeks ago and after the interview I feel beter about landing him he mentioned Duke more than any other team, even when asked about other teams he found away to talk about Duke. I believe it comes down to Duke, BC and Florida.
    OK. I finally have to ask this. I have no reason to doubt anything you said. However, I am really curious to know how you guys get all this inside info. Is it from newsletters and websites? If so, which ones are regarded as the most worthwhile? I realize what a lame question that must be, but I thank you very much for your indulgence. I would like to follow the recruiting more closely.