Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2515
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That is old news. There are dozens of posts on that topic in this thread already.

The DBR strongly advises that you spend at least a little bit of time checking the boards to make sure that the "news" you are announcing has not already been reported and commented on many, many times over.

Thanks.

--Jason "mod much?" Evans
    Just to pop this back up...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of position he was given at Baylor? I saw an article that said he was pushing Duke so he could stay in Wall's inner circle. I assumed that Clifton would be at Baylor next year. He won't still be in Durham will he?
    The answer to your question is there are two Cliftons (brothers). One is now at Baylor. One is in Raleigh. The article was referring to the one in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    I was trying to suggest last night... we can't expect anyone to go back and read through 112 pages... this thread has gotten out of control! The moderators were quick to remove my post last night but haven't been willing to edit this in any way. It would sure be a help if someone would go through and (1) leave in the links to various stories, but (2) remove the redundancies!

We might get it shortened to 90 pages!
    Are you actually suggestion that the mods go back and cull out hundreds of posts in this thread because they are redundant or useless? Is this request actually coming from someone who is also complaining because his most recent redundant/useless post was deleted from the thread? Irony much!?!?

Your post was taken down because it did nothing to help Duke's case with Wall and was borderline destructively negative. I did not remove it, but I read it after it was removed and I 100% agree with the decision of the Mod who chose to take it down. The post was not something that would have advanced the discussion in this thread in any constructive way. Sorry.

We also ask that posters send PMs to Mods when they are confused about what happened to a removed or edited post. Diverting a thread with a discussion like the one we are having now is not generally productive.

I agree that it is not easy for newbies to comb through a lengthy thread. Still, they should at least make a little bit of effort. Perhaps one of us can try to sum up the Wall story in a post that the newbies can read and get most of their questions answered. Of course, such a post would become old shortly after it was posted and we would have to continually move it to the newest portions of the Wall thread. I am not sure I have the time or desire to do it right now.

--Jason "lets try to keep things civil as we await Mr. Wall's decision... I am sure it is only a few months away " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

To Duke or not to Duke....that is the question?

As much as we would want this to end today, the John Wall incident has been somewhat exciting. I want John Wall to accept Duke as bad as the next person on this board, but if he doesn't accept Duke, it's not the end of the world. Duke has a really good team coming in this year and next. The one thing that is good about this whole hoopla around John Wall, is the fact that he could very well pick Duke and we should all be thankful that the #1 pg is even considering Duke. We need to remember where Duke has come from. There are schools that would love to be in Duke position right now with having such an elite player looking at their school. I can think of a few schools that would love to even have a #1 pg looking at their school.

So let's remember if Wall doesn't come, it's not the end of the world. We are still Duke and once again very soon, teams will fear the four letter word looking them dead in the eye on the basketball court...DUKE. In time.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Haven't YOU read all 2200+ posts?
    Actually I have read most of them. That said, I could not tell you what the ones posted between 800 and 1000 or 1200 and 1600 said or what aspects of the subject they address. Redundancy is the norm rather than the exception in this thread!

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/12/s...es/#more-16499

According to this, it's not looking good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiAdmiral View Post

Good luck to Miami.
    We should be able to win the ACC and contend for another Sweet 16 in 2009-2010. In 2011-2012, we can, perhaps, contend for another title.

Quote Originally Posted by taiadmiral View Post

according to this, it's not looking good for us.
    abd! Abd! Abd! Abd! Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    Good luck to Miami.
    We should be able to win the ACC and contend for another Sweet 16 in 2009-2010. In 2011-2012, we can, perhaps, contend for another title.
    I dont see how he would put Miami over the top with going there but I can't lie I would love to be in Miami during the fall & winter.

The ACC is Duke's to lose, and Florida State's to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiAdmiral View Post

http://twitter.com/EvanDanielscout

The latest report on John Wall being down to two is inaccurate, according to his AAU coach Brian Clifton.

The information about Wall having it down to Kentucky and Miami is inaccurate. Just letting you know.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    The information about Wall having it down to Kentucky and Miami is inaccurate. Just letting you know.
    Pretty much every report is inaccurate, isn't it? Based on Mr. Wall's history, I would surmise we're not getting any actual information unless and until the John Wall camp wants us to have it, and when that comes it will be in the form of some sort of formal announcement, either by John or by Clifton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Pretty much every report is inaccurate, isn't it? Based on Mr. Wall's history, I would surmise we're not getting any actual information unless and until the John Wall camp wants us to have it, and when that comes it will be in the form of some sort of formal announcement, either by John or by Clifton.
    As much as I enjoy reading the constant Wall thread, I've finally become numb to daily rumors of "where he is leaning?", "what is list is now down to?" and "that 'X team' should receive a commitment in the next few days". And to that "numbness", I say thank god.

Wherever Wall goes, he goes. I want him to come to Duke just like many of us do (I've become comfortable with the notion that I don't think he woujld be a headache) because I think they would be a final four favorite next year and on paper, the team that would give Kansas a run based on all the early opinions. But I will not lose any sleep nor feel the "sky" is falling for Duke if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    Glad to hear it. The reason I keep tuning in to this soap opera is that Duke seems (to me) to be a good, logical choice for Mr. Wall. Great coach, excellent complementary talent, close to home, no problem with scholarship numbers or roster spot, popular with Mom and Clifton, etc., etc.

INFO

I looked over the last five pages of this thread and did not see this posted. This pretty much sums up what we have all been thinking. Read below the article about Patterson. Seems like clifton is on our side

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2009/5/12/...-mail-news-for

From my uninformed vantage point, Duke seems like such a no-brainer decision for Wall. He gets to be close to his mom, his closest advisor seems to want him at Duke, he has a chance for a national title, he gets the most exposure he could possibly get on national TV, he'll play against the best competition in the best basketball conference in the country, he'd go to one of the most prestigious academic schools in the country (which crushes UK in every way imaginable - except for coeds and Ashley Judd), and he gets to play with one of his AAU teammates who I imagine he would be comfortable with.

I'll be really scratching my head if he passes all that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    From my uninformed vantage point, Duke seems like such a no-brainer decision for Wall. He gets to be close to his mom, his closest advisor seems to want him at Duke, he has a chance for a national title, he gets the most exposure he could possibly get on national TV, he'll play against the best competition in the best basketball conference in the country, he'd go to one of the most prestigious academic schools in the country (which crushes UK in every way imaginable - except for coeds and Ashley Judd), and he gets to play with one of his AAU teammates who I imagine he would be comfortable with.

I'll be really scratching my head if he passes all that up.
    Coach K wasnt in it from the beginning like Caliparri has been with Wall.

Also the DDM system is more appealing to recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post

DDM?

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post

Your first point seems reasonable.

I'm not sure about the second point. By DDM, I assume you mean the Dribble Drive Motion offense that Calipari used at Memphis (adopted from some high school coach if I recall). I find it hard to believe that Calipari would surpass Coach K in "chalk talk". Coach K could probably discourse at length about the offensive patterns that the USA team used, and some of the things he has done at Duke (where having a great passing PG would certainly help).

Calipari is a very capable coach, but does he really have an edge in your opinion over Coach K in presenting his offensive schemes?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    DDM?
    Dribble Drive Motion offense.