Affliate List for Virginia Tech Game

This must be the earliest that the ACC has posted one of these so I thought I would honor them by posting it now:

http://www.theacc.com/live/2012-acc-...h-at-duke.html

There is no split and it's a Saturday game so pretty much all of the affiliates possible are showing the game. I am still confused as to why they cannot spell the name of my hometown correctly (see if you can find it)...

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    I am still confused as to why they cannot spell the name of my hometown correctly (see if you can find it)...
    Must be either the missing hyphen in W-B or the missing capital in McAllen. Anniston, Alabama is correct (it's not spelled like Jennifer).

Three Colorado stations carry the game but I don't get any of them. Fun tangentially-related fact about Colorado teevee: The PBS affiliate in Denver has the call letters KUNC. For this reason I never watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Three Colorado stations carry the game but I don't get any of them. Fun tangentially-related fact about Colorado teevee: The PBS affiliate in Denver has the call letters KUNC. For this reason I never watch it.
    Although I love the fact that, in Colorado, UNC means University of Northern Colorado.

sage

The official misspell is ctrl+V San Fransisco. There is a c where the first s is. Anybody remember The Cisco Kid? Easy way for me to remember how to spell the City's name.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Although I love the fact that, in Colorado, UNC means University of Northern Colorado.
    Yep, people say things all the time like "I'll be finishing up my degree at UNC" and it's always the place in Greeley.

The official misspell is ctrl+V San Fransisco. There is a c where the first s is. Anybody remember The Cisco Kid? Easy way for me to remember how to spell the City's name.
    I was looking at the more obscure cities and missed that one. Being from Pittsburgh I'm rather desensitized to misspelled city names.

Must be either the missing hyphen in W-B or the missing capital in McAllen. Anniston, Alabama is correct (it's not spelled like Jennifer).

A few years back, I was in Loveland with our youth doing community service work. One of the young men working at the Boys & Girls Club had on a baby blue unc shirt since he was from Chapel Hill. His last name was Nifong. I decided not to ask if he was any relation.

Yep, people say things all the time like "I'll be finishing up my degree at UNC" and it's always the place in Greeley.

I was looking at the more obscure cities and missed that one. Being from Pittsburgh I'm rather desensitized to misspelled city names.
    Our family moved to Kansas from Pittsburgh, where a sister was born. The teacher kept telling her she was spelling it wrong and tried to remove the h. I'm not sure the 5th grader ever convinced the teacher there was an h in the city in PA, unlike the one in KS.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A few years back, I was in Loveland with our youth doing community service work. One of the young men working at the Boys & Girls Club had on a baby blue unc shirt since he was from Chapel Hill. His last name was Nifong. I decided not to ask if he was any relation.

Our family moved to Kansas from Pittsburgh, where a sister was born. The teacher kept telling her she was spelling it wrong and tried to remove the h. I'm not sure the 5th grader ever convinced the teacher there was an h in the city in PA, unlike the one in KS.
    Did the Pennsylvania city once spell its name without the "h"? I know I have seen pictures of Honus Wagner wearing a jersey with that spelling, and I think I've seen the spelling in my history reading. Does anybody have local knowledge?

This must be the earliest that the ACC has posted one of these so I thought I would honor them by posting it now:

http://www.theacc.com/live/2012-acc-...h-at-duke.html

There is no split and it's a Saturday game so pretty much all of the affiliates possible are showing the game. I am still confused as to why they cannot spell the name of my hometown correctly (see if you can find it)...
    Thanks a ton. Thought I was out of luck here in the Milwaukee area.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Did the Pennsylvania city once spell its name without the "h"? I know I have seen pictures of Honus Wagner wearing a jersey with that spelling, and I think I've seen the spelling in my history reading. Does anybody have local knowledge?
    Wikipedia says yes:

While briefly named "Pittsburg" from 1890 to 1911 following a declaration by the United States Board on Geographic Names, the "Pittsburgh" spelling was officially restored after a public campaign by the citizens of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Fortunately, although I know of Honus Wagner, I have no direct knowledge of such a jersey. Thank you, anon, for the Wikipedia info.

And thank you to awhom11 for this thread. Once again you find my local station for me. Now if I can just find it on the cable box so I can record the game while I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    The official misspell is ctrl+V San Fransisco...
    That's a heck of a misspell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I knew the fellow Bay Area resident and A's fan would find it. Shockingly I just took a screen capture from the TV show Alcatraz that appears to use the same spelling in its version of the "BART" map.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Thanks a ton. Thought I was out of luck here in the Milwaukee area.
    With the new broadcast deal, the local syndication has expanded quite a bit and it has been a real positive for fans all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fortunately, although I know of Honus Wagner, I have no direct knowledge of such a jersey. Thank you, anon, for the Wikipedia info.

And thank you to awhom111 for this thread. Once again you find my local station for me. Now if I can just find it on the cable box so I can record the game while I'm at work.
    It looks like it is on a sub-channel, which are unfortunately not always carried by cable companies. Work means Busy Season, I suppose?

I knew the fellow Bay Area resident and A's fan would find it. Shockingly I just took a screen capture from the TV show Alcatraz that appears to use the same spelling in its version of the "BART" map.

With the new broadcast deal, the local syndication has expanded quite a bit and it has been a real positive for fans all over the country.

It looks like it is on a sub-channel, which are unfortunately not always carried by cable companies. Work means Busy Season, I suppose?
    Yes, it does. I found what I hope is the right channel on cable - I'll either get the game recorded or several hours of Hazel and The Monkees and Gidget.