Page 236 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1361862262342352362372382462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I ran the Tufts 10K for women yesterday. I think I was probably about 5 minutes slower than last year so not too bad considering the cold. I also made a friend. She works for the Boston police in the gang unit, although not a cop. We made plans to run it together again next year.
    Congratulations!! Woo hoo!!! And a new running partner to boot. You go girl.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    went home had a bowl of soup, a grilled cheese sandwhich, and went to bed.

I think this might be the official 'Welcome to Heaven" meal in the hereafter. There is simply nothing better.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Too bad poll votes don't count as posts. Just a thought.

And a shameless PWing.
    Bring back the Shameless PW'ing thread(jk).

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I think this might be the official 'Welcome to Heaven" meal in the hereafter. There is simply nothing better.
    This was dinner last PM. Actually, it was 2 slices of cheese toast (in the toaster oven, folks, I do know better than to put cheese in the toaster-it slides off) and a bowl of leftover, HOMEMADE veggie beef soup. Glass of water with dinner. The ale was a night cap.

Duke vs. Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I beg to differ. Please don't get me wrong; grilled cheese hits the spot many times. But I vote for a big ol pile of ribs and pulled pork 'que with all the fixins... That's "Welcome to Heaven" in my book...

Grilled Cheese goes with everything, except desserts. I love grilled cheese and soups. Now that the weather is starting to cool down I just might have to make homemade chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Maybe this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This was dinner last PM. Actually, it was 2 slices of cheese toast (in the toaster oven, folks, I do know better than to put cheese in the toaster-it slides off) and a bowl of leftover, HOMEMADE veggie beef soup. Glass of water with dinner. The ale was a night cap.
    I bet a fancy pants grilled cheese sandwich, something with havarti or gouda would go great with an ale.
    Last edited by 2535Miles; 10-15-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling error

Bring back the Shameless PW'ing thread(jk).
    It lives on in our hearts.

My brother is currently making me a breakfast burrito (nevermind that it's 11:30)...sausage, eggs, jalapenos, cheese. Delicious. Then I will spend the remainder of the day reading about the Seven Years' War (perhaps the French & Indian War to you laypeople), before a date this evening. Not a bad day at all.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Did Lavabe get a dog?
    Not yet. It'll be a long process. Hopefully it won't take as long as doing taxes this year.

But we did wind up getting our taxes done before the October 15th extended deadline. If I had known that DukieInKansas was doing tax forms for zhlubs like me who bring them in at the last minute, I'd have made a few PMs, and have road tripped it out there.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I bet a fancy pants grilled cheese sandwich, something with havarti or gouda would go great with an ale.
    Any grilled cheese sammich, a bowl of soup/chili and a pale ale or brown ale on a cool fall or winter eve sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Not yet. It'll be a long process. Hopefully it won't take as long as doing taxes this year.

But we did wind up getting our taxes done before the October 15th extended deadline. If I had known that DukieInKansas was doing tax forms for zhlubs like me who bring them in at the last minute, I'd have made a few PMs, and have road tripped it out there.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I would have been happy to see you - especially if you brought bribes of wine and chocolate. I did put the last return into review before I headed out to a client's office this afternoon. Plus - I mailed my own. And now to make my annual vow - I'm not going to extend my return next year.

Speaking of taxes

I overpaid the State of NC by $2 and am still waiting for my refund. Anyone think I'll ever see those $2 again?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I overpaid the State of NC by $2 and am still waiting for my refund. Anyone think I'll ever see those $2 again?
    Probably not. Often states have a policy that if you owe less than $5, you don't have to send a check and if they owe you less than $5, they won't send you a check. The amount can vary - I've seen some states require a $1 pmt - but it is usually indicated either on the form or in the instructions. If there is a refund under their limit, I usually apply it to the next year or, if the state allows you to contribute to a charity on the form, apply it to that charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I ran the Tufts 10K for women yesterday. I think I was probably about 5 minutes slower than last year so not too bad considering the cold. I also made a friend. She works for the Boston police in the gang unit, although not a cop. We made plans to run it together again next year.
    Congrats on the race, BD! How are the knees holding up?

Ymmm ... toasted cheese!

Any grilled cheese sammich, a bowl of soup/chili and a pale ale or brown ale on a cool fall or winter eve sounds good.
    I'm a huge fan of toasted cheese sandwiches with my homemade cream of tomato soup. Devildeac, what would one pair with that?

Duke vs Miami

Sounds like all of you are going to have a fun time tailgating. Wish I could be there! I did spring for the sports package so I can watch all Duke and Arkansas football games, so I think I'll be able to watch the game - that is, assuming it's televised. If it is, we may just have a party at this end, complete with Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale. We can be with the tailgaters in spirit. Throaty et al, are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm a huge fan of toasted cheese sandwiches with my homemade cream of tomato soup. Devildeac, what would one pair with that?
    Sounds like someone needs to make a contribution on the Official Recipe Thread. (ORT?)

I'd go with a pilsner.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to make a contribution on the Official Recipe Thread. (ORT?)

I'd go with a pilsner.
    Only one problem: I really don't have a recipe. My grandma taught me to make it. The only down side is that it's a bit different every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Probably something a bit lighter like a crisp pilsner or a red ale.