Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with putting up Kyrie's tweets. I think it would be pretty safe to say the boot is gone.
    This kid is just too good in so many ways that it is very difficult to give up on the dream of seeing him leading a fast beak in late March with Nolan and Kyle filling the wings

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Here we go again with the tweets and the endless speculation. This can be frustrating.
    So what do you want? This is better then people's hearsay, they are actual and factual updates from Kyrie himself.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    Now THAT is good news to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Now THAT is good news to hear.
    Actually Duke12 posted that 45 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    So what do you want? This is better then people's hearsay, they are actual and factual updates from Kyrie himself.
    The issue is not the updates, but the avalanche of follow-up posts that contribute nothing of value. Can I just summarize it here so people don't need to go through the motions of posting?

1-That's great news! He's coming back soon!
    2-It means nothing. He still could be out the rest of the season.
    3-He's probably practicing now.
    4-We don't know anything yet, so stop speculating.
    5-YOU stop speculating!
    6-I hear he's not practicing, and never has been.
    7-I hear he's been practicing for the last week.
    8-I hate this thread.
    9-Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted, but Kyrie just tweeted that his boot is being retired!
    10-Repeat 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The issue is not the updates, but the avalanche of follow-up posts that contribute nothing of value. Can I just summarize it here so people don't need to go through the motions of posting?

1-That's great news! He's coming back soon!
    5-YOU stop speculating!
    8-I hate this thread.
    9-Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted, but Kyrie just tweeted that his boot is being retired!
    10-Repeat 1-9
    I heartily applaud this. It merits addition to the HPR.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The issue is not the updates, but the avalanche of follow-up posts that contribute nothing of value. Can I just summarize it here so people don't need to go through the motions of posting?1-That's great news! He's coming back soon!
    5-YOU stop speculating!
    8-I hate this thread.
    10-Repeat 1-9
    You do know this is a forum, right? His tweets are updates and they can give people hope or shatter their dreams that is just how it is. At least with the tweets it is updates we are getting from him and not Joe Blow who said they know somebody in the program and he said KI is practicing or he is not and done for the year. The tweets are relevant and I am sure people will speculate about them but that is part of being in a forum, we get others thoughts and perspectives. That is all we can do until we get the official work from coach K and the school.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I heartily applaud this. It merits addition to the HPR.
    So we should all stop posting on this thread until we have official word from K that either KI is coming back or he is done for the year?SMH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    So we should all stop posting on this thread until we have official word from K that either KI is coming back or he is done for the year?SMH!!!
    Where in that post did El Diablo say that the thread should grind to a halt? I am merely voicing my opinion that I found it to be a humorous, incisive summary of a thread that has long since ventured well into the realm of the absurd (which you have again demonstrated with your above indignation). Keep your shirt on.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Where in that post did El Diablo say that the thread should grind to a halt? I am merely voicing my opinion that I found it to be a humorous, incisive summary of a thread that has long since ventured well into the realm of the absurd (which you have again demonstrated with your above indignation). Keep your shirt on.
    Like I said it's a forum what do you expect?

Oh Ozzie ...

When Kyrie comes back to play...

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Oh Ozzie ...
    Hi,

May I join Ya'all for steak if I am in the RTP area? I think it is ok for me to talk about this I don't remember seeing it on the list of things that are now verboten to talk about.

GO DUKE!

I think he pretty much had it all in there when he said, "thatisall". That is all, and I don't think he is planning on being back this year, but I am glad he is feeling better. He is a great guy who deserves all the success in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I think he pretty much had it all in there when he said, "thatisall". That is all, and I don't think he is planning on being back this year, but I am glad he is feeling better. He is a great guy who deserves all the success in the world.
    "thatisall" is a pretty common twitterism. I also bet he is not wanting to hear any rumors about himself. I don't think we can infer anything more from that.

I have it on good source that Kyrie is practicing. I believe that he will get cleared to play very soon. It will up to him and his family to decide. I really hope that he understands that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that he is passing up. The NBA will be there, the money will be there. I hope that he realizes that he has a chance to make a national championship run before leaving.

I don't see what the big deal is. If he plays in the tournament and gets reinjured the nba will still draft him and in the lottery too. Go get'em Kyrie!

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Two things: first, if that is his mentality on coming back, his playing the rest of the year could have huge implications on his return, as some of us have guessed.

Second, if he is 50/50 to return, and it is dependent on his return this year, it means we must have at least a 50/50 shot to come back this year!!!
    Meh. Everyone's coming back when it's March 1st. Everyone's going pro when it's May 1st. We'll see what he says when Cleveland guarantees him the no. 1 pick and all that comes along with that...

Let the message board posting begin!

» BlueDevilNation Mark Watson
    Kryrie Irving visited a doctor in Charlotte today and he is doing well and will move on to the next level of rehab, meaning on the court.
    5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

What comes first: the NBA Draft Lottery (where we find out who gets the #1 pick) or the day that underclassmen can take their names out of the draft?

Basically can Kyrie see who has the #1 pick before he decides whether to stay or go?

I read that as "cleared to practice"...
    Am I trying too hard to read?