Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LastRowFan View Post
    And when we will see it? UNC has to redact it and release it, right? Will we see it before the hearing in August?
    You don't want to see it before the hearing. The only reason it would come out before the hearing is if UNC thinks it makes them look good or if the hearing is delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    The NCAA replied to UNC's NOA-2 defense on September 19, 2016. UNC released the redacted version on October 25. So on this schedule, no, we won't see it prior to the hearing in August.
    Of course, most of NOA-3 is the same as NOA-2. So, much of this reply should be the same as the last one, which has already been redacted by UNC, and the time to redact it should be correspondingly reduced. On the other hand the five weeks it took to redact the last one bears no rational relationship to how long it should have taken.
    Last edited by swood1000; 07-11-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Of course, most of NOA-3 is the same as NOA-2. So, much of this reply should be the same as the last one, which has already been redacted by UNC, and the time to redact it should be correspondingly reduced. On the other hand the five weeks it took to redact the last one bears no rational relationship to how long it should have taken.
    Well, it probably took a few weeks to get some new black Sharpies through the campus ordering system.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Help, help, I'm being repressed!!!
    Bloody peasant!

yeah, let me know...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Bloody peasant!
    Oh, what a giveaway!!

What's the estimated "pucker factor" in Chappa Heeya 'bout now?

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    What's the estimated "pucker factor" in Chappa Heeya 'bout now?
    I hope it is butts and needles and hammers.

errrr...no...

they are enjoying boat drinks.
    drinks_pic10.jpg
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    errrr...no...

drinks_pic10.jpg
    Titanic?

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Titanic?
    More like the Minnow. 😀😍😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    More like the Minnow. 😀😍😎
    Well, I wouldn't mind seeing them shipwrecked for 3 seasons. Or more...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    errrr...no...

drinks_pic10.jpg
    Speaking of Boat Drinks:

Speaking of Boat Drinks:

Good luck, indeed. I wouldn't mind seeing their ship looking like the photo for the video for a while...

I asked before but didn't see a response. Is there any merit to the Walter byerz Twitter account? Is it all phooey and wishful thinking? Or just grandstanding if or when this goes to court?

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I asked before but didn't see a response. Is there any merit to the Walter byerz Twitter account? Is it all phooey and wishful thinking? Or just grandstanding if or when this goes to court?
    It's a fake account. No merit to it at all. The real Walter Byerz passed away in 2015. Whoever runs it is busy attacking the NCAA, that's their agenda. Maybe Jay Bilas owns?
    Last edited by PackMan97; 07-16-2017 at 11:22 AM.

I guess that's what I was asking, bit wasn't clear enough. I know Mr. Byers has long passed, but was wondering if there was any merit to the actual claims being made by whomever is running the fake account? He/she/they have really turned up the tone directed at the NCAA recently. Just wondering if any of you legal minds on DBR think this guy/gal is making valid points or if it's complete hog wash.

Reply from enforcement staff due today. UNC then has to decide whether it’s in their interest to redact and release it earlier or later. Presumably much of this reply will be the same as their reply during NOA-2, which has already been redacted and released by UNC (five weeks after receiving it). One thing UNC might do is release it in a week or two. Then, if they are not permitted to submit a written response to the COI panel (because it is less than a month before the hearing) they could release a general one to the public, hoping for some public relations advantage and expecting that the COI panel will read it even though it was not officially submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Are you talking about these tweets? I don't see anything there that hasn't been debunked. Much of it was included in UNC's reply so we'll hear the enforcement staff response soon. Some of this is just absurd. The NCAA "colluded with Ken Wainstein by leveraging access in a separate criminal felony case"? The point was to get at the facts of the case so they cooperated with an investigator hired by UNC. Where is the wrongdoing? Furthermore, UNC hired Wainstein and could have ordered him not to share information with the NCAA if that's what they wanted. This complaint is bizarre.

When in August is the hearing supposed to be held?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    When in August is the hearing supposed to be held?
    I'll guess August 14-15 or perhaps August 15-16, depending on when your 30 day countdown from today begins.