Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    you are being a troll if you differ from the masses. whether you are right or not isn't important.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Duke View Post
    LOL!! No troll here!! Just being objective. I don't let my love for Duke blind me.
    The announcers also thought it was the correct call too.

By the way, did you catch the Duke game were the Refs couldn't count to 10?
    Did you complain about that one?? The NON back court violation??

Being objective and honest does not make one a troll??
    I just took a moment and reviewed your posts on DBR. You're actually one of the most obvious trolls that's come around here in awhile. From my point of view, that's fine. I've always thought it was kind of a wierd way to get your jollies, but different strokes for different folks, I guess. Change the handle to #1ICFan and come out of the closet like Kong who (despite my cranky posts toward him today) is a welcome addition to the boards.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    LOL!! No troll here!! Just being objective. I don't let my love for Duke blind me.
    The announcers also thought it was the correct call too.

By the way, did you catch the Duke game were the Refs couldn't count to 10?
    Did you complain about that one?? The NON back court violation??

Being objective and honest does not make one a troll??
    You mean the game where the ref got to 9 on his hand count before Duke got it across? You do know the ref uses a hand count for backcourt timing, and the shot clock is not used and therefore is irrelevant, right?

The announcers were looking at the shot clock, so they were wrong too. And no being objective does not by itself make one a troll. You do know which "Duke Game" that play happened in, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    HB would have been amazing at Duke and well received, especially considering he's a good kid and close friends with Kyrie. HB on the team would have made Duke nearly unstoppable.
    Heck, Duke didn't need Barnes in order to be nearly unstoppable. All we needed was for Kyrie to stay healthy and the Blue Devils would have been nearly unstoppable! I'm still of the opinion, especially after seeing how poor the ACC has been this year, that we'd have gone undefeated in both the regular season and the ACC Tourney had Kyrie (the best freshman in the nation) not gotten hurt. And we'd have certainly been the odds on favorite, by a decent margin, to win the NCAA title this year as well.

UNC is unquestionably very good at this point. There's no sense in denying that. And unfortunately they've been winning close games a lot this year and confidence breeds more confidence so they'll enter the NCAA tourney with plenty of moxy. But confidence can also breed overconfidence, and if they get overconfident in their ability to make miracle comebacks game in and game out it will probably bite them in the butt.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    you are being a troll if you differ from the masses. whether you are right or not isn't important.
    Now Kong, don't fall off the wagon and not follow your 12 Step plan as a recovering troll. Stay on the straight and narrow. Differing does not make one a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Heck, Duke didn't need Barnes in order to be nearly unstoppable. All we needed was for Kyrie to stay healthy and the Blue Devils would have been nearly unstoppable! I'm still of the opinion, especially after seeing how poor the ACC has been this year, that we'd have gone undefeated in both the regular season and the ACC Tourney had Kyrie (the best freshman in the nation) not gotten hurt. And we'd have certainly been the odds on favorite, by a decent margin, to win the NCAA title this year as well.

UNC is unquestionably very good at this point. There's no sense in denying that. And unfortunately they've been winning close games a lot this year and confidence breeds more confidence so they'll enter the NCAA tourney with plenty of moxy. But confidence can also breed overconfidence, and if they get overconfident in their ability to make miracle comebacks game in and game out it will probably bite them in the butt.
    Kendal Marshall makes UNC a very good team. They are not dominate by any means and could very easily lose their first round game depending on match up or could go to the FF depending on match ups... This is not 2009 level UNC however...

No, I don't think it is scripted. Some immature UNC fans said the same thing last year.
    Incase you didn't pick up on it when I admited that I was being governed by my hate of the holes, I was joking about the scripting.
    I do, however, think that the refs have been deplorable this year--not just in unc games. They have made so many mistakes that outcomes have had to have been affected. To name just a few there was a missed double dribble at the end of the Miami/unc game yesterday, the end of the St. John's/Rutgers game was beyond reason and calling a foul a shooting foul in a Kentucky game when the player was not even facing the basket and had barely crossed the half court line was ridiculous. And, yes, they missed the ten second call at Duke. I honestly don't think most refs can even count to 5 anymore since balls often do not get inbounded within 5 seconds. They really need to go back to the basics with the refs. "This is a walk. This is how you count. This is a double dribble." As my husband says, if the refs were any good they would not need to have so many reviews before making a call.
    Last edited by AluminumDuke; 03-12-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by dukelilsis View Post
    Incase you didn't pick up on it when I admited that I was being governed by my hate of the holes, I was joking about the scripting.
    I do, however, think that the refs have been deplorable this year--not just in unc games. They have made so many mistakes that outcomes have had to have been affected. To name just a few there was a missed double dribble at the end of the Miami/unc game yesterday, the end of the St. John's/Rutgers game was beyond reason and calling a foul a shooting foul in a Kentucky game when the player was not even facing the basket and had barely crossed the half court line was ridiculous. And, yes, they missed the ten second call at Duke. I honestly don't think most refs can even count to 5 anymore since balls often do not get inbounded within 5 seconds. They really need to go back to the basics with the refs. "This is a walk. This is how you count. This is a double dribble." As my husband says, if the refs were any good they would not need to have so many reviews before making a call.
    100% totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    You mean the game where the ref got to 9 on his hand count before Duke got it across? You do know the ref uses a hand count for backcourt timing, and the shot clock is not used and therefore is irrelevant, right?

The announcers were looking at the shot clock, so they were wrong too. And no being objective does not by itself make one a troll. You do know which "Duke Game" that play happened in, right?

Yeah, that one. The one where the ref couldn't count to ten and that fact was made apparent by a time clock USED in the game. Since the time clock IS used in the game, it should be accurate. The shot clock is irrelevant only to those that blindly refuse to acknowledge that TWELVE (12) seconds went by... what does it matter if the ref was wrong as long as it favors your team THIS time.... right??
    Next time, it may go against your team and then someone else will "justify" the mistake.
    As they say, " it depends on whose ox is being gourd."

That's why I said the refs could not count to ten.... and now I'll add accurately... because, 12 seconds actually passed.

UNC typically gets fouled more...which is why they often shoot more FT's than the opposition.
    I thought you Duke scholars were sharp?

There are two reasons for this:
    1) UNC feeds the post a majority of their possessions where fouls are more likely from the defense.
    2) UNC continually pushes transition, straight to the rim, and defenses are not set. This offensive attack also generates fouls at a high rate from players trying to recover.

Ref bias is not present..they are equally bad for all... so unless you want to start counting their failure to call the moving picks, along with the push offs, grabbing, tripping and other assorted "Tough D" Duke plays...I don't want to hear the whining

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    There's a subtle (but important) difference in saying refs cheat (which I never have) and noting an inexplicable and annual FTA advantage for one particular pastel-blue wearing team. It's my belief that Carolina benefits from an advantage in the perceptions of the refs, particularly in their "lean" on close calls. I may be wrong in my belief, but the facts are what they are: year after year, regardless of Carolina's style of play and record, they are at, or near, the top of the ACC in FTA differential. Today's game was a great example of the advantage they get from that differential. If Carolina doesn't outshoot Clemson, a team which was aggressively attacking the rim all game, by 16 FTA, they're not playing for the ACC Championship tomorrow.
    Bolded statement is indeed correct: http://packsmack.com/InfamousACCIndexCard/

Yeah, that one. The one where the ref couldn't count to ten and that fact was made apparent by a time clock USED in the game. Since the time clock IS used in the game, it should be accurate. The shot clock is irrelevant only to those that blindly refuse to acknowledge that TWELVE (12) seconds went by... what does it matter if the ref was wrong as long as it favors your team THIS time.... right??
    Next time, it may go against your team and then someone else will "justify" the mistake.
    As they say, " it depends on whose ox is being gourd."

That's why I said the refs could not count to ten.... and now I'll add accurately... because, 12 seconds actually passed.
    Someone posted a still frame of Kyle receiving the ball with 25 seconds showing on the shot clock. Repeat, the ball was in his hand/s in our offensive end of the court as 10 second expired off the shot clock. It may have been 10.1 or 10.2 but the ref counts this, he does not watch/use the shot clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post

I'd agree with that. Let's go Duke, light it up tomorrow!

HB is going to come out extra aggressive at Kyle tomorrow. Like he did at CH. He's got a little chip on his shoulder, or at least a little more demonstrative against him.

I hope Kyle puts him in jail.

Can't wait for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    I'd agree with that. Let's go Duke, light it up tomorrow!

HB is going to come out extra aggressive at Kyle tomorrow. Like he did at CH. He's got a little chip on his shoulder, or at least a little more demonstrative against him.

I hope Kyle puts him in jail.

Can't wait for the game.
    Yes, and we had better knock it off of him. He went for 40 points today, the highest by a freshman ever in the ACC tourney.
    We don't need that stuff from him tomorrow...

"This one goes to 10 . . . "

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Someone posted a still frame of Kyle receiving the ball with 25 seconds showing on the shot clock. Repeat, the ball was in his hand/s in our offensive end of the court as 10 second expired off the shot clock. It may have been 10.1 or 10.2 but the ref counts this, he does not watch/use the shot clock.
    Not much to do with Clemson/UNC, but since you mentioned it: 10 second call.jpg

We all know it's the count of the official that matters, not the clock. This just shows that it wasn't quite as slow of a count from the official as everyone said it was.

Quote Originally Posted by dukee94 View Post
    Not much to do with Clemson/UNC, but since you mentioned it: 10 second call.jpg

We all know it's the count of the official that matters, not the clock. This just shows that it wasn't quite as slow of a count from the official as everyone said it was.
    That's the still to which I was referring. Thank you for taking the time to find it and helping prove my point. No way it was 12 seconds as another poster tried to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    UNC typically gets fouled more...which is why they often shoot more FT's than the opposition.
    I thought you Duke scholars were sharp?

There are two reasons for this:
    1) UNC feeds the post a majority of their possessions where fouls are more likely from the defense.
    2) UNC continually pushes transition, straight to the rim, and defenses are not set. This offensive attack also generates fouls at a high rate from players trying to recover.

Ref bias is not present..they are equally bad for all... so unless you want to start counting their failure to call the moving picks, along with the push offs, grabbing, tripping and other assorted "Tough D" Duke plays...I don't want to hear the whining
    While you are right that UNC draws a lot of fouls, UNC's historic advantage comes from their amazing ability not to commit fouls. Part of this might be from UNC's style of defense (don't go for steals), the other part is unexplained.

Wait, did Hogwood just try to say that "6 national titles for North Carolina" nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Wait, did Hogwood just try to say that "6 national titles for North Carolina" nonsense?
    Reading from mike patrick or digger cue cards?