Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Gbinije to transfer

Reports are all over that Mike is likely to transfer...hate if it's true, I mentioned him being unhappy earlier this year and hoped it wouldn't lead to this...
    Last edited by Newton_14; 04-15-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Reports are all over that Mike is likely to transfer...hate if it's true, I mentioned him being unhappy earlier this year and hoped it wouldn't lead to this...
    This was posted 15 mins ago and got deleted so this prob wont be up long either.

with link

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Yeah, i posted with a link and it was deleted and i got a warning. Lets see how long this one lasts

Why would it be deleted if it's not a baseless rumor? I don't think DevilsIllustrated would randomly make up stuff about players transferring on twitter.

Smells like pre-emptive damage control.

Why did it get deleted? I saw the tweet about it also.

If its holds to be true, its a shame I wanted to see Gbinije play in a Duke uni.

YouTube this: UNC vs Duke smack talk 3. Gbinije and McAdoo. McAdoo was right about Gbinije riding the pine.

At least through this whole thing, Gbinije has been a class act about his playing time and transfering. Good luck where ever he goes, I will probably still following his career.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Why would it be deleted if it's not a baseless rumor? I don't think DevilsIllustrated would randomly make up stuff about players transferring on twitter.

Smells like pre-emptive damage control.
    The only thing on DevilsIllustrated.com is a link on the message board about the transfer. I'm not sure how that is the same thing as DenilsIllustrated reporting a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by hughgs View Post
    The only thing on DevilsIllustrated.com is a link on the message board about the transfer. I'm not sure how that is the same thing as DenilsIllustrated reporting a transfer.
    https://twitter.com/#!/DevilsIllust/...03177492197376

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    That's not the same thing as DI saying "G just called us to say he's transferring", that's DI saying that "we've heard from people without names that he's transferring". It might be true, but that isn't "reporting".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's not the same thing as DI saying "G just called us to say he's transferring", that's DI saying that "we've heard from people without names that he's transferring". It might be true, but that isn't "reporting".
    DI is reporting a likely transfer.

Could be the same situation as Nolan.

Why would he do this? He is likely better than Hood anyway, right? Hood also wouldn't even be an option to play until 2013-2014. This is nuts if it is true. I hope it isn't.

This doesn't make any sense. Next year I expected G to play a huge role at the 3 - getting between 12-16 min/game, or maybe even start if he beat out Murphy. I really hope this is just a rumor...

I looked at this team last night at the banquet and thought, this might begin to be somewhat athletic with Gbinje, Murphy, Mason, and our new recruit. Now one of our four athletic players leaving you have to question, why? Boy do we need to start recruiting athletes like Ky., UCLA and even State did this year. Fans pay mega bucks to support this program and should expect more than a team without at least two super stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Boy do we need to start recruiting athletes like Ky., UCLA and even State did this year.
    Far as I know, UCLA recruited one great athlete this year, and we recruited the same guy. He just decided to go to UCLA instead. And you really think we ought to adopt the State recruiting model? Why, because they (and UCLA for that matter) have been performing so much better than Duke over the past (fill in whatever number you want here) years?

The most puzzling part of your post is that the rumored transfer of one player (which may or may not occur) somehow means in your mind that we aren't recruiting properly.

Fans pay mega bucks to support this program and should expect more than a team without at least two super stars.
    Maybe you should ask for your money back.

Fans pay mega bucks to support this program and should expect more than a team without at least two super stars.
    The NCAA respectfully requests that you edit your post to state "without at least two super star student athletes"

Thanks for summing up the state to which big time college sports has devolved

It seems like it is being more widely reported now:
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...fer-from-duke/

Gbinije

If he transfers, he will have to sit out another year. That is basically 2 years of no basketball. People say players get better in practice, I agree with that statement, but I say, players get even better in games against opponents that their not familiar with.

I'm ticked off about this transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chill View Post
    If he transfers, he will have to sit out another year. That is basically 2 years of no basketball. People say players get better in practice, I agree with that statement, but I say, players get even better in games against opponents that their not familiar with.

I'm ticked off about this transfer.
    at whom and for what?

G wasn't ready to contribute here so he didn't play.
    G would rather continue his career elsewhere, so he did.

I'm not sure why anyone would have reason to be "ticked off"
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    It seems like it is being more widely reported now:
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...fer-from-duke/
    This source quotes the original single source... not really a confirmation of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Why would he do this? He is likely better than Hood anyway, right? Hood also wouldn't even be an option to play until 2013-2014. This is nuts if it is true. I hope it isn't.
    There's no basis to think he's better than Hood.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sad to see things not work out for Gbinijie at Duke, but Hood averaged 10 and 5 as a freshman in the SEC. MG couldn't earn minutes on a team with a desperate need for a player with his skill set.

There's just no reason to think MGs better than Hood or a lot of other players who actually got on the court and contributed as frosh.

If he is that good and he didn't play, well that explains the transfer, if it happens, for a different reason

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    at whom and for what?

G wasn't ready to contribute here so he didn't play.
    G would rather continue his career elsewhere, so he did.

I'm not sure why anyone would have reason to be "ticked off"
    Frustrated at the situation?

Because it's frustrating for a fan to dream about the potential of the team and its players, then have ones of those players unexpectedly transfer for reasons the fan can't understand?

Seems very understandable to me that a fan would be upset to lose a player with a lot of upside, particularly for reasons that are unknown to said fan, as their frustrations are compounded be lack of understanding.