Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Um ... this game isn't over. would be a 1 pt game if kansas could dunk the ball.
    Amen. Three missed thunder-dumbs. Say they made just 2 of these 3 with more conventional dunks. 4 points, much more pressure on UK in last 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Tyshon Taylor... so fast with the ball, so slow with his decision making.

He really makes some bonehead plays... must be maddening to coach.
    Seriously. Taylor makes more stupid plays than anybody I can recall.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Hats off to Kansas. They could have folded and didn't. Just could not put the ball in the hole... Sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    A turnover at 57 seconds is never a good idea. UGH.
    A turnover at 24 seconds... oh nevermind.

The Mayans, the Mayans!!!!

Too many mistakes by Kansas. Kentucky was definitely beatable tonight. But Kansas did what they always seem to do (commit dumb mistakes). Kentucky was clearly the more talented team. But Kansas's defense was good enough tonight for them to win. Their offense (and Kentucky's shotblocking didn't help) wasn't.

congrats to those players...i blow my nose in calmari's general direction...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Hats off to Kansas. They could have folded and didn't. Just could not put the ball in the hole... Sigh..
    The bad news? Kentucky won.

The good news? I ended up winning one bracket pool and coming in 2nd on the DBR pool. Not too shabby.

The bad news? Kentucky won.

The good news? I ended up winning one bracket pool and coming in 2nd on the DBR pool. Not too shabby.
    Mourn that victory... mourn that victory...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Too many mistakes by Kansas. Kentucky was definitely beatable tonight. But Kansas did what they always seem to do (commit dumb mistakes). Kentucky was clearly the more talented team. But Kansas's defense was good enough tonight for them to win. Their offense (and Kentucky's shotblocking didn't help) wasn't.
    Turnovers, thunderdumbs (Copyrighted by my buddy Gumbomop), lack of outside shooting, and they still had a chance with 2 mins to go..

Like Native, I have no issue with this group of Kentucky kids. They had a great year. Well done.

My only solace is knowing the Ol Roy is shedding tears for his beloved Jayhawks. Losing twice in the same tournament has to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Mourn that victory... mourn that victory...
    Eh, it sucks... but it was inevitable, especially when UNC had all their injuries and Syracuse lost Fab Melo. I can't think of another team that had a chance to beat UK without them having an off night. Kentucky's worst enemy in this tournament seemed to be boredom and complacency.

i'm not so sure it would have been any different....cal had these guys in a VERY un-selfish team comradery...this team VERY different than the Wall/Cousins team...

ok, cal, you've got your title....now head to the knicks...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Eh, it sucks... but it was inevitable, especially when UNC had all their injuries and Syracuse lost Fab Melo. I can't think of another team that had a chance to beat UK without them having an off night. Kentucky's worst enemy in this tournament seemed to be boredom and complacency.
    I think OSU would have given them fits. Like every other team KU played, UK folded tonight, the lead was just too big. That said, Craft gives Teague fits, and Davis would have had to cover Sullinger straight up and not come over the top like he did on T-Rob. Thomas would have provided the mismatch again but he was in foul trouble vs KU but the game would have probably come down to whether Buford could play like he did against Duke in December.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i'm not so sure it would have been any different....cal had these guys in a VERY un-selfish team comradery...this team VERY different than the Wall/Cousins team...

ok, cal, you've got your title....now head to the knicks...
    I feel like this team had a higher overall character... Cousins, as we've seen, is a headcase.

Hope Cal remembers how heavy the trophy is, because it will likely be taken away in a few years.

After seeing that Ky team play basketball maybe Duke gives a 25 per cent discount to all donors!

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I think OSU would have given them fits. Like every other team KU played, UK folded tonight, the lead was just too big. That said, Craft gives Teague fits, and Davis would have had to cover Sullinger straight up and not come over the top like he did on T-Rob. Thomas would have provided the mismatch again but he was in foul trouble vs KU but the game would have probably come down to whether Buford could play like he did against Duke in December.
    OSU would have given them some trouble, but it would have really depended on Buford and Thomas showing up.

OSU would have given them some trouble, but it would have really depended on Buford and Thomas showing up.
    I completely agree but apart from UNC with KM, OSU was up there with teams that could compete with UK talent wise. There is a reason why Self won COY and its b/c his team overachieved, that said, I don't think the Jayhawks were best suited to give UK the best game.

Now that it's tuesday, this is the worst day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Now that it's tuesday, this is the worst day of the year.
    If ND wins the women's title tonight, i'm going to retire from basketball fandom forever :|

good thing the masters starting on thursday can make my memory that much shorter
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    If ND wins the women's title tonight, i'm going to retire from basketball fandom forever :|

good thing the masters starting on thursday can make my memory that much shorter
    Why? Huge Baylor fan? :-P

Honestly, it would take an upset of epic proportions to take down Griner. That or getting her ejected again.