Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I think we'll all know much more about this situation Friday, just gonna have to play the waiting game til then. Someone already posted earlier today that he would report live to us from Duke's team practice session on Friday. If Kyrie isn't part of that, we know we won't see him this weekend. If he IS clearly part of the full team, full-speed practice on Friday, well then... IT'S ON!

I personally think we will either see him in the Sweet 16 (if we are fortunate enough to make it) round or not at all. I hope I'm wrong.
    They have a practice session on Thursday at 2:15 pm that is open to the public, I am going to check it out too.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    They have a practice session on Thursday at 2:15 pm that is open to the public, I am going to check it out too.
    Man don't you forget lol. I think Duke will be good without him, but you can not say his return wouldn't be a boost. He is a totally different PG than Nolan and brings diversity to the floor. Not saying Nolan isn't good, he is great. I wouldn't care if Nolan was the PG or Kyrie both are going to be better than the other teams PG. Also all these experts seem to forget experience is a big component this time of year and Duke has the most of anybody.

Amen to everything synellinden, Matches, Kedsy and CDu stated about any comparisons between William Avery and Kyrie Irving. I loved Avery, but there's no way he stacks up alongside Kyrie, even as a sophomore. I'll probably have most of you here telling me I'm engaging in hyperbole with my next comment, but in my eyes Kyrie is the most dynamic freshman PG I've ever seen play at Duke. I've only seen the freshman PGs since the mid 80's, but what I saw from Kyrie in only 8 games wowed me like no other point guard ever has as a freshman. I realize that's saying a lot and some will say the sample size is too small, but Irving was so poised and seemed to possess everything a superstar point guard would be expected to possess. He was breaking teams down with the dribble and both scoring and dishing as he did so. He was hitting the outside shot with regularity. He was rebounding and initiating breaks. And his ability to stay in front of opposing guards on defense was fantastic as well. The kid was extremely well-rounded as a freshman!

I hope we get to see him play for Duke again. He was headed toward not only the Freshman of the Year, but also first team All-American as well.

Looks to me like Kyrie can't wait to play

That's my $.02. He looks like a guy who is part of the team and aches to get back at it. If he's cleared, I bet he'll play.

That's the view from here.

I will be at open practice on Thursday and will be giving a detailed recap

Kyrie was reluctant to cut down a part of the net on Sunday. K finally pushed him up there before he went and cut the whole thing down. I guess he did not feel he had a part. He is so humble.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    He is so humble.
    And hungry.

Just read this tweet from dukebasketball:

This just in from Duke's press conference: "There is a chance Kyrie will play." -- Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by MHNOLADevil View Post

This just in from Duke's press conference: "There is a chance Kyrie will play." -- Coach K
    please please please let this chance become reality

That account is run by the Duke Chronicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MHNOLADevil View Post

Also reported on http://www.wralsportsfan.com/

"Duke's Kyrie Irving practiced with the team Tuesday and could play in Friday's NCAA Tournament opener, Coach K said."

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    "Duke's Kyrie Irving practiced with the team Tuesday and could play in Friday's NCAA Tournament opener, Coach K said."
    Did you feel that? That shake? I think the internet just exploded.

BOOM

Kyle said that Irving "did not miss a beat" on the court. Good news.

Restrained giddiness.

Kind of like the recruiting process and hearing rumors that Irving would commit to Duke in a few days.

Long recruiting process, not knowing how it will turn out. Then hearing Duke is the leader, more optimism but nothing is definite until it's definite (see, Barnes, Harrison). Then hearing rumors of imminent commitment ... tempered excitement/restrained giddiness.

Waiting for the official announcement and seeing Irving in uniform on Friday is like waiting for the "Kyrie Irving to Duke" thread on the DBR.

But we're still in the trying not to get hopes too high phase ...
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

And what were the names of these "insider experts" who acted as if the Duke faithful were foolish for thinking he would be back?

Do you have the specific link. That only goes to the front page an I can't find that quote printed anywhere. Was it only on video, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Do you have the specific link. That only goes to the front page an I can't find that quote printed anywhere. Was it only on video, maybe?
    Video

I just posted this on the BDN twitter site and it is good news. Kyrie Irving returned to practice today. K said if he plays that it would be spot minutes. He'll play this weekend, trust me. He still needs to work into shaoe and has a ways to go there. Signgler sai he has not missed a beat but was a little out of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Restrained giddiness.

Kind of like the recruiting process and hearing rumors that Irving would commit to Duke in a few days.

Long recruiting process, not knowing how it will turn out. Then hearing Duke is the leader, more optimism but nothing is definite until it's definite (see, Barnes, Harrison). Then hearing rumors of imminent commitment ... tempered excitement/restrained giddiness.

Waiting for the official announcement and seeing Irving in uniform on Friday is like waiting for the "Kyrie Irving to Duke" thread on the DBR.

But we're still in the trying not to get hopes too high phase ...
    Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    He'll play this weekend, trust me.
    Multi-quoting myself, I take this as close to truth as there can be at this point from Watzone - as I would have taken it during his recruitment had he said at one point, trust me, Irving will commit to Duke on Friday.

Giddiness now unrestrained...
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013