Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    This link seems to indicate Mr. Randle is attending midnight madness somewhere despite the homecoming conflict he had cited in cancelling his trip to CTC. Perhaps he's going somewhere locally such that it is feasible to get there and also go to his homecoming? Just thought it was interesting...
    Texas' midnight madness is on Saturday. Once he decided against coming to Durham, he has maintained that he would see Texas' first practice.

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketb...23-Randle.aspx

Other than that, I’m headed to TCU on Oct. 1 and then I'm going to Texas on Oct. 15. I think that’s when they have their first practice so I can’t wait to see that. While I’m there I might have to get on a track with my boy Myck Kabongo, Haha.

UNC just offered heavy UNC lean Nate Britt. Britt is the 15th ranked player in the 2013 class and the 2nd ranked PG. UNC's 2013 class is shaping up to be a big class with one top 15 recruit already committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathby3 View Post
    UNC just offered heavy UNC lean Nate Britt. Britt is the 15th ranked player in the 2013 class and the 2nd ranked PG. UNC's 2013 class is shaping up to be a big class with one top 15 recruit already committed.
    Good looking PG. Seems to have a nice feel for the court and a good handle.
    He has an offer from Duke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Good looking PG. Seems to have a nice feel for the court and a good handle.
    He has an offer from Duke as well.

According to Telep, Duke is not currently in on Britt. K visited him in the summer, but haven't been to DC to see him this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    According to Telep, Duke is not currently in on Britt. K visited him in the summer, but haven't been to DC to see him this fall.

I read somewhere that he had a Duke offer, and Georgetown I think, but I don't remember where, so maybe Duke has not offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I read somewhere that he had a Duke offer, and Georgetown I think, but I don't remember where, so maybe Duke has not offered.

Looks like I was wrong about Britt having a Duke offer, at this time.

All I can find is that Duke has "shown interest".

Britt has been to campus a few times as he is friends with a number of the players on the roster and Nolan Smith as well. However, it doesn't look like Duke will add a point guard in that class.

I'm guessing Britt will be a Tarheel.

I'm wondering how Ol Roy is gonna work this with Marshall, Paige, and now Britt...

If Britt, said to be a "heavy lean" to UNC, does someday commit to the Heels, we can perhaps say that Duke and UNC have their "point guards of the future" set, or close to it.

2012-13

Duke -- (Jr) Thornton, (So) Cook, probably (Sr) Curry
    UNC -- probably (Jr) Marshall, (Fr) Paige, (Sr) Strickland

2013-14

Duke -- (Sr) Thornton, (Jr) Cook
    UNC -- (So) Paige, (Fr) Britt, possibly-but-unlikely (Sr) Marshall

IMO, Cook is a future star and Thornton a future captain and first-rate defender. I'd guess Heel fans will find excellent qualities in their future PGs, too.

Paige and Britt playing together is not expected to be an issue.

From what I can tell from checking into him, UNC and Maryland are leaders, and Georgetown in the hunt.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 10-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Britt has been to campus a few times as he is friends with a number of the players on the roster and Nolan Smith as well. However, it doesn't look like Duke will add a point guard in that class.

He attended CTC last year as well.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Ok. The thread is now clean. I moved all of the off topic posts to new threads. Please stay on topic folks. Thanks!

Duke target Matt Jones interview just out...

"With Duke and Coach K, he absolutely knows what he's doing, so I trust him a lot. He's compared me a little bit to Seth Curry and some of the things he does on the court and I like how they play".

Ummmmm... who isn't Nolan Smith friends with?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Matt Jones Impressed

"Matt Jones, a 6-4 SG at DeSoto High in Texas, visited Duke for last week’s Midnight Madness. He was impressed but hasn’t given Duke a commitment. 'There were several times on the visit where I thought about committing right there,' Jones told Scout.com, 'but I know it’s not the right time.'"

Devils RapidReports

Kasey Hill

http://youtu.be/3KYFLA0wlXM heres a link watch it

rumor has it nate britt to unc is a done deal... if that is true can someone please tell me that Duke will recruit this Guy...Watzone?

I doubt you'll see Duke take a point guard until 2014. Tyus Jones, Theo Pinson, etc.

I doubt you'll see Duke take a point guard until 2014. Tyus Jones, Theo Pinson, etc.
    Correct.

Pinson is more of a 2/3. But Greensboro's JaQuel Richmond might also be in the mix.

Just what I was told...

I hear Roy told Julius Randle a while back that he was his main target and was going to go after him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    I hear Roy told Julius Randle a while back that he was his main target and was going to go after him hard.
    So? He's the #2 recruit in his class. A lot of people are going to go after him hard.