Idea for the UNC game @ Cameron

Someone with gray hair, glasses and an arm sling in front of the
    scorers table looks up in section 7, mean time the students on cue
    start chanting "Kick him out Roy". He points up to section 7 where
    the Blue Devil has inconspicuously sat next to Crazy Towel Man. A
    security guard comes over and starts pulling the Devil toward the aisle while Crazy Towel Man wraps his towel (probably will need a
    beach towel) around the Devil pulling him the other way. The students
    are still shouting " Kick him out Roy" and than on cue "Don't taze me Bro". I will even say Roy will get a chuckle out of this.

I love that idea. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    I love that idea. Hilarious.
    Great idea, if it happens I hope somebody records it for those of us not at the game.

unc game

Great idea ... but let's expand it.

Duke should have one student in a purple Presbyterian shirt sitting as close behind the UNC bench as possible. Actually, he should wear another shirt over the Presbyterian one to hide it.

The first time Deon Thompson goes to the foul line, the Crazies go silent ... then the guy in the purple shirt rips off his covering shirt and at the right moment, yells "Miss is Deon!"

Another suggestion -- back in in 1984, when the Crazies were ripped (with some justification) for some obscene chants directed at Maryland's Herman Veal, both Coach K and President Sanford made public pleas for the Crazies to clean up their act.

At the next game, many of them showed up wearing halos made of coathangers covered with foil. It will brilliant.

This time, it would be great if students could come up with some kind of fake rabbit ears (maybe fashioned out of heavy construction paper) ... and deluge Roy throughout the game with chants of "Rabbit ears ... rabbit ears"

Just thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    President Sanford made public pleas for the Crazies to clean up their act.
    An Avuncular Letter http://library.duke.edu/uarchives/im.../avuncular.jpg
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    a little off-topic but I re-read the Sanford letter then saw a letter that was just sent to FSU students...

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-ba...020610aaa.html

I imagine this is fallout from the Vasquez comments after the game.

Actually, the idea seems rather contrived and silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    a little off-topic but I re-read the Sanford letter then saw a letter that was just sent to FSU students...

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-ba...020610aaa.html

I imagine this is fallout from the Vasquez comments after the game.
    I read Spetman's letter and had to LOL at this paragraph:

"In addition, fans in our arena used inappropriate language in taunting cheers. We encourage you to report anyone using vulgar language to the nearest usher. I know you join me, and our basketball staff, in making sure that WE don't become THOSE kinds of fans...we never have been and never should be!"

I've attended every Duke vs. FSU game played at the Leon County Civic Center, dating back to 1992, which was FSU's inaugural season in the ACC. For many of those games, I've been fortunate to have tickets behind the Duke bench, including the last time J.J. Redick played there. The section under the basket at the end closest to the visitors' bench is populated by the Seminole pep band and FSU students. I can tell you that the signs being held up by the FSU students, and the slurs directed at Redick (and his family members) from that section throughout the game, were far and away the most vulgar and distasteful I've ever seen in any sports venue--and that includes some really volatile environments involving games between heated SEC football rivals.

Great idea ... but let's expand it.

Duke should have one student in a purple Presbyterian shirt sitting as close behind the UNC bench as possible. Actually, he should wear another shirt over the Presbyterian one to hide it.

The first time Deon Thompson goes to the foul line, the Crazies go silent ... then the guy in the purple shirt rips off his covering shirt and at the right moment, yells "Miss is Deon!"

Uh, why would you want someone in a purple shirt when Presbyterian's colors a garnet and blue? Well, I guess if you mix them together, you get purple.

Sure, find a way to mock Roy for his kicking out the PC fan. Just make sure you've got it right when you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    Uh, why would you want someone in a purple shirt when Presbyterian's colors a garnet and blue? Well, I guess if you mix them together, you get purple.

Sure, find a way to mock Roy for his kicking out the PC fan. Just make sure you've got it right when you do it.
    Agreed, and I also love the idea. The guy should be responsible for taunting Roy the entire game. Maybe also bring a big sign that says "DON'T THROW ME OUT, ROY."

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    Uh, why would you want someone in a purple shirt when Presbyterian's colors a garnet and blue? Well, I guess if you mix them together, you get purple. ...
    Olympic Fan might still have been thinking of Weber State--always a popular chapter in the annals of Tar Heel humiliations.

Crazy Towel Man
    Please show Herb some respect. It's "Guy" to you, sir.

I really love Olympic Fan's expanded version of an already solid idea. Olympic's version would be simpler to see during the game and probably easier to enact.

I hope someone reads this and informs the right people. If done right, it could be of legendary proportions in Indoor lore.

Don't forget the College of Charleston banner!

I like both ideas... I vote we get a Crazie (preferably a DUI member) to die his hair gray, and bring a sling, glasses, and baby blue tie to the game. Then after "Miss It Deon!" on FT #1, have him throw an exaggerated Roy-temper-tantrum and get dragged out during FT#2, to the cheers of the Crazies.

("Roy" would then of course change out of his Roy-suit in the bathroom and return to his seat.)

The "Roy" imposter and "Don't throw me out, Roy" (or some variation of that) are must do's, in my opinion.

Could maybe pull a "Leslie is a girl's name" on Leslie McDonald. How about doing something comparing Bros. Plumlee to the Wears? Our brothers are better than yours? Could be fun if all four of them are on the court at once.