Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Nah, I'm right here. Just got banned for a few days.

Its like I have said all along, UNC is still trailing Duke big time, but it is more open than previously thought. i can say that i heard that AR called one of the UNC players after Coach K left and AR confirmed it in his blog.
    Yes, that's clearly what Kong has been saying all along:

"the same source claims that something from AR's camp made today's visit really important. don't know what that means, but the premium board is blowing up with excitement and optimism."

"I realize that I took a ton of crap for saying this earlier in the month, but from everything I hear, Doc wants his son to go to UNC. I will not quote from the sources, but a week after UNC in-home and now a lot UNC people think we have a great shot at AR. Perhaps, even a better shot than Duke."

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post

"the same source claims that something from AR's camp made today's visit really important. don't know what that means, but the premium board is blowing up with excitement and optimism."

"I realize that I took a ton of crap for saying this earlier in the month, but from everything I hear, Doc wants his son to go to UNC. I will not quote from the sources, but a week after UNC in-home and now a lot UNC people think we have a great shot at AR. Perhaps, even a better shot than Duke."
    Who is being quoted here? Kong?

A premium message board poster from IC or elsewhere?

Your own opinion previously expressed?

i don't think we have a better shot than Duke. I think UNC will be just fine without AR. A second year Bullock, a third year Strickland, and a freshman PJH- I think we will be more than fine at the 2 spot.

I can't believe I'm saying this

i don't think we have a better shot than Duke. I think UNC will be just fine without AR. A second year Bullock, a third year Strickland, and a freshman PJH- I think we will be more than fine at the 2 spot.
    But it is good to hear back from you Kong. I'm not a proponent of Carolina fans but I've found many of your posts to be interesting in terms of getting a Tarheel perspective on things like recruiting. I too was generally curious and interested in hearing any feedback you might have heard on IC after K's visit to AR.

It's interesting to note that he called a Carolina player after K's visit but at the same time, he's also talked to Kyrie recently as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten HB's perspective on this since he went through a similar situation last year; but I don't think that will play a big role in AR decsision when you consider how close he is to Kyrie.

Kong,

As many have suggested in the past that Roy is recruiting AR just to spite Duke/K, and that he also does this as a general practice, I think your quote lends great support to that theory.

After comparing inside sources at the IC premium board to "rock stars," Kong said "a week after UNC in-home and now a lot UNC people think we have a great shot at AR. Perhaps, even a better shot than Duke." Now, he says that he has "said all along" that "UNC is still trailing Duke big time."

Kong is ready to run for political office!

I suspect there will be more buzz after Rivers' on-campus visit at UNC. Hopefully, after his on-campus visit at Duke, UNC will be back to being "just fine without AR" so that he would be superfluous again.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    It's interesting to note that he called a Carolina player after K's visit but at the same time, he's also talked to Kyrie recently as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten HB's perspective on this since he went through a similar situation last year; but I don't think that will play a big role in AR decsision when you consider how close he is to Kyrie.
    I've seen this comment (or something to that effect) several times, but I thought AR and Harrison had a bit of a tiff going? Is that not the case? It seems as though I read that in the past it was sort of known that AR didn't really want much to do with Harrison (or perhaps, vice versa). Can anyone (in)validate that?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    Kong,

As many have suggested in the past that Roy is recruiting AR just to spite Duke/K, and that he also does this as a general practice, I think your quote lends great support to that theory.
    well, i don't think recruiting the #1 shooting guard in the 2011 class is only to spite Duke. I think anytime you can add a player who appears to be able to get his shot off, in any number of different ways, you go and get him. I don't think Roy looks on K's list of recruits and picks the ones that he wants to steal. Most of the time, these blue chipper's are wanted by all the top schools. AR expressed interest in UNC and Roy is exploring the opportunity. KU is also doing the same thing. I think you are wrong on this one.

However, from a UNC fan's perspective, I think most UNC fan's would love to see him go to UNC instead of Duke, for many reasons. One of which is, so he wouldn't go to Duke. Don't confuse the rapid fan for the actions of a coach.

After comparing inside sources at the IC premium board to "rock stars," Kong said "a week after UNC in-home and now a lot UNC people think we have a great shot at AR. Perhaps, even a better shot than Duke." Now, he says that he has "said all along" that "UNC is still trailing Duke big time."

Kong is ready to run for political office!

I suspect there will be more buzz after Rivers' on-campus visit at UNC. Hopefully, after his on-campus visit at Duke, UNC will be back to being "just fine without AR" so that he would be superfluous again.
    I have said this for the last few months. You can debate whether or not I said it because of the fact that Duke appears to be in the lead, but my stance really hasn't changed. What has changed is my optimism. I now think there is a slight possibility that AR will go to UNC. The chance is small- but "you're saying there's a chance!".

i can say that i heard that AR called one of the UNC players after Coach K left and AR confirmed it in his blog.
    Do you have a link to support this? I haven't heard this.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ating-florida/

i think i misread the comment. but it has been said that he called a UNC player after the Duke visit. Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ating-florida/

i think i misread the comment. but it has been said that he called a UNC player after the Duke visit. Take it for what it's worth.
    He texted Kyrie after the visit so maybe you are just a little confused.

I ended up texting my boy Kyrie Irving (Duke), but we didn’t even talk about the visit. We were talking about Mike Posner. Kyrie’s my boy, so we talk all the time. I also talk to players from UNC. Like I know P.J. Hairston, Kendall Marshall and Reggie Bullock, and I know Harrison Barnes a little too.

... most UNC fan's would love to see him go to UNC instead of Duke, for many reasons. One of which is, so he wouldn't go to Duke. Don't confuse the rapid fan for the actions of a coach.
    You mean there's only 8 minutes left in a tie game at the Dean Dome and the fans are rushing to their cars?

Kong, thanks for coming back in the face of (mostly) friendly fire.

What is the mood at IC premium now? A bit more subdued than after ol' roy's in home with Austin?

Frankly, I think the whole HB / Rivers thing works out well. Harrison would have created a logjam at the "3," causing either he or Singler to guard the "4." The sting of missing out on HB was gone the second Kyle announced he was staying. unc was desperate for HB, and they will get a year of him - even though he will be guarding the "4" for at least a third of his playing time.

With Kyrie (likely), Nolan and Kyle leaving next year (and Seth likely nearly able to graduate), a LOT of minutes open up on the wing and a BIG void in leadership is created. In walks Austin - perfect fit.

Don't confuse the rapid fan for the actions of a coach.
    Does that mean that one is fast, and the other is slow?

(j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    You mean there's only 8 minutes left in a tie game at the Dean Dome and the fans are rushing to their cars?

Kong, thanks for coming back in the face of (mostly) friendly fire.

What is the mood at IC premium now? A bit more subdued than after ol' roy's in home with Austin?

Frankly, I think the whole HB / Rivers thing works out well. Harrison would have created a logjam at the "3," causing either he or Singler to guard the "4." The sting of missing out on HB was gone the second Kyle announced he was staying. unc was desperate for HB, and they will get a year of him - even though he will be guarding the "4" for at least a third of his playing time.

With Kyrie (likely), Nolan and Kyle leaving next year (and Seth likely nearly able to graduate), a LOT of minutes open up on the wing and a BIG void in leadership is created. In walks Austin - perfect fit.

i agree, big void. if AR is only going to be in college for one year and he wanted to win a NC, would he have a better shot at it at UNC or Duke? HB is telling people in CH that he is staying for 3 years. of course, we all know how that goes....

Now:

well, i don't think recruiting the #1 shooting guard in the 2011 class is only to spite Duke. I think anytime you can add a player who appears to be able to get his shot off, in any number of different ways, you go and get him. I don't think Roy looks on K's list of recruits and picks the ones that he wants to steal. Most of the time, these blue chipper's are wanted by all the top schools. AR expressed interest in UNC and Roy is exploring the opportunity. KU is also doing the same thing. I think you are wrong on this one.

However, from a UNC fan's perspective, I think most UNC fan's would love to see him go to UNC instead of Duke, for many reasons. One of which is, so he wouldn't go to Duke. Don't confuse the rapid fan for the actions of a coach.
    Then:

thats fair, but the quote from Roy was ""The game wasn't over? I saw the first half stat sheets, looked at his (Austin's) shot numbers and thought the game had to be over."
    - Roy Williams right after leaving when he reviewed the stats from the first half of Austin's game.

now some of you will say, he is the man on the team, he has to take all the shots for the team to have any chance of victory. others may say, he is a ball hog and isn't a good distributor. Either way, I decided a few months ago that I didn't want Rivers to go to UNC. We don't have room at that position and I don't think he will be any better than a 2nd year Bullock. I may not enjoy watching him play at Duke, but he will not be the first player from Duke to make me sick to my stomach and he won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Now:

Then:
    i don't think i have varied much. if anything, i have shown more optimism.

AR expressed interest in UNC and Roy is exploring the opportunity.
    I don't think Ole Roy is recruiting Austin just to spite Duke. It's because Austin is a stud.

As clarification, though, Austin said the initial overture came from Ole Roy, not the other way around.

"So basically, North Carolina reached out to Coach T.J., my AAU coach, and asked if I’d be interested in them and I said yeah, and so Coach Williams came on down."

http://dimemag.com/2010/03/austin-ri...s-the-picture/
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-23-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

HB is telling people in CH that he is staying for 3 years.
    Barnes says a lot of things.

Probably right, now that he may not have a ghost writer for his school work.