Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Our offense looks remarkably unexplosive so far. Perhaps with no credible run threat, BC is simply dropping back and allowing us to throw underneath, willing to give up a few 1st downs but no big plays, knowing that on 3rd and short we're struggling. If that's what they're doing, it looks like a good defensive strategy so far.

Connor Vernon limped off the field with assistance. Bob Harris said, they put a sleeve on Connor's leg.

1st quarter... is over. I hope Duke plays a different game for the remainder of the game.

Lets go Duke!!!

Woo hoo! A sack! Despite this sustained drive for BC, the Duke defense does look better this year. Unfortunately, our offense looks worse.

Meanwhile, the rest of the ACC is busy falling on their faces, with Maryland getting spanked by WVU, Clemson dominated by Auburn, and Ga Tech struggling to get any separation from Kansas.

Alright...good stop. Long FG attempt coming up.

Oh my LORD that was a heck of a play!

Renfree down. We're getting banged up. Hope he's ok!

That was a gutsy, big time play by Renfree who got NAILED after he threw the TD pass. I hope he's ok, I really do but what the he** are we doing getting a penalty for excessive celebration? Scoreboard, guys! Jeez!

On a positive note, Renfree now has a TD pass for the season. It's a good thing we were so far away from the goal line or else the coaches likely wouldn't have let him be in there to even throw that pass

Anyone see the excessive celebration?

Conner's a tough cookie! While triggering a penalty, his response to making the TD was probably a release of pent up frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Anyone see the excessive celebration?
    I didn't. I have the game on, TV volume down, and Bob Harris on the radio.

Renfree got nailed. The Duke Medical Staff is working overtime today.

And good to see Paul Asack get some time on the field, because he has alot of family in the stands, according to Duke Radio.

Ugh. Tough 3rd and long to give up. BC's QB has moments of extreme inaccuracy, especially when under any significant pressure. We need to turn one or two of those bad throws into turnovers.

Addendum: AWESOME defensive series there. Our guys are getting into the backfield. Put pressure on the QB, then tackle for loss.

Heck of a FG kick, but still, good defensive stop!

Three straight dropped passes? C'mon guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Three straight dropped passes? C'mon guys!
    Stickum! Let's go retro...

Pretty well sick to my stomach after this. That's the first time today I've seen our defense play weak, weak football.

Is there such a thing as a "tackling coach"? If so, I propose we hire one! If not, I propose we invent one! Jeez!

Ok, 1:16 to go and good field position - let's see what we can do.

BC receiver gets 17 yards after contact. Next play, running back goes right through tackle.

This after the aforementioned dropped passes and an offensive interference call.

Our excessive celebration violation was based on the fact that Vernon crossed the end line. Officials were upset enough that we crossed the goal line.

Many dumb penalties.

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice pass by Renfree! Maybe, just MAYBE (could it be?) the coaches will let Sean stay in the dadgum game and finish drives now?

Way to go Conner!!!

Very nice drive (with the exception of the false start). Way to come back and stop the momentum. Renfree is having a nice game. Add those dropped passes to his completion total and he's having a phenomenal completion percentage (at the half I think he's 20 of 26 with 3 drops).

I sure hope vernon's knee doesn't stiffen up at halftime.

Wow, keeping half an eye on the Clemson/Auburn game and Clemson has really come to life! 28-21 Clemson.