Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Actually, stallball is covered by 1E:
    Quote:
    1e) Krzyzewski’s management of the clock (AKA stall ball) will bite us/has bitten us in the %$#%$#%$#.
    Isn't that interesting. The word %$#%$#%$#, used in the original 1e, was replaced with the %$#%$#%$# automatically by the filter upon posting.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Actually, stallball is covered by 1E:

although quite honestly I don't think that adequately covers my hatred of the prevent defense/stallball at all.

I'm sure glad you didn't want him to change 9F. It is perfect just the way it is!
    9F is infallible and immutable!!!

But Section 7 refers to Duke Football, and reading the threads this fall, it seems like folks are less than thrilled with run, run, pass, punt for every set of downs and/or too-tentative play-calling when Duke has a chance to get it done. I used "stallball" in homage to the 1E reference.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    9F is infallible and immutable!!!

But Section 7 refers to Duke Football, and reading the threads this fall, it seems like folks are less than thrilled with run, run, pass, punt for every set of downs and/or too-tentative play-calling when Duke has a chance to get it done. I used "stallball" in homage to the 1E reference.
    While I don't agree with every play called this season (I go to the home games and listen or watch the away games when possible), they have not used the run, run, pass, punt offense very often. Now, the punt does come on 4th down too often, but that has been the result of lack of execution, not conservative play calling. The quick pass to the wideout and the end around, which have been very effective for us in the past, are being stopped for no gain or losses this year, almost like Bill Bellichic has stolen our play signals and the defense knows the play is coming (which all kidding aside may be happening - are we telegraphing our plays?). The trick plays haven't worked on a regular basis. And with a nonexistent running game, our best plays have been passes to Eron Riley deep and Jomar Wright short and medium.

That said, IF we ever have a late lead again this season, I sure hope we don't get conservative and run a stall ball offense and prevent defense - the results are too predictable and not good.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

11J--Star Spangled Banner

. . . can't seem to find a reference to Duke on the wikipedia page about the anthem . . .