ACC Preview # 12 - Duke

Overall, a great job by DBR with this qoute summing things up nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by DBR
    Finally, there is one element this team seems to have in abundance, and it hasn’t been picked up on yet, at least not broadly. Coach K has a term for a certain kind of player, which we won’t repeat other than to note that it’s twelve letters long and is at the center of the woes of Oedipus.
    While I am not sure Sophocles would be thrilled by the reference to his masterpiece, I do agree that this edition of Duke basketball has the potential to live up to Duke fans elevated standards. Most fans would consider 22-11 a very good season, we have talked all spring and summer about last year's disappointing season!

Go DUKE!!!
    Bob Green

DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be? Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be?
    Details, schmeetails. We don't need no stinkin' details!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Henderson will be a stud

In my opinion, Henderson is a huge key to our season and will be our best player. Late last season he was starting to break out and was spectacular at times. I can't believe people aren't talking more about him.

CajunDevil74

He'll be good

I can't believe most starting lineups I've seen don't include him. If he's not a starter then this team has to be really friggin good.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundevil74 View Post
    In my opinion, Henderson is a huge key to our season and will be our best player. Late last season he was starting to break out and was spectacular at times. I can't believe people aren't talking more about him.

CajunDevil74

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    I can't believe most starting lineups I've seen don't include him. If he's not a starter then this team has to be really friggin good.
    I made my prediction based on his diagnosis of exercise-induced asthma. Now that we know this was wrong I'll revisit that thread.
    The Gordog

DBR wrote all these reviews without knowing where the three point line was going to be? Good job.
    Where is the 3 point line this year? Did they move it back or does that kick in for 2008-09?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

It stays the same this season. Changes for 08-09.

With the range our guys have, do you really think that will make a significant difference?

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    With the range our guys have, do you really think that will make a significant difference?
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    I agree. I think Gerald will arguably be our best player and I think he should start. But don't be shocked to see Gerald be the 6th man that plays starters' minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Overall, a great job by DBR with this qoute summing things up nicely:

While I am not sure Sophocles would be thrilled by the reference to his masterpiece, I do agree that this edition of Duke basketball has the potential to live up to Duke fans elevated standards. Most fans would consider 22-11 a very good season, we have talked all spring and summer about last year's disappointing season!

Go DUKE!!!
    Okay, I'm feeling really stupid here . . . but I can't for the life of me think of what word they are referring to! Can anyone help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    I made my prediction based on his diagnosis of exercise-induced asthma. Now that we know this was wrong I'll revisit that thread.
    Misdiagnosis? Where did you hear that? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by zingit View Post
    Okay, I'm feeling really stupid here . . . but I can't for the life of me think of what word they are referring to! Can anyone help me out?
    Suggested rule for someone answering this: you're not allowed to say it outright. Because it would ruin the fun. Only use clues the way DBR did.

Clue: Yippee-ki-yay, ____________

I hope you didn't watch those movies on network TV, or else you'll think the answer is (monotone) "Big Falcon"

Ah, OK, got it. Haha, nice clue. I actually did think of that word, but I thought, "DBR can't be referring to that."

zingit -- you, too, can figure it out.

Clue:

1. Discotheque
    2. Do You Feel Loved
    3. ______
    4. If God Will Send His Angels
    5. Staring At The Sun
    12. Wake Up Dead Man

Ah, OK, got it. Haha, nice clue. I actually did think of that word, but I thought, "DBR can't be referring to that."
    Yeah, I think the usage of that word to describe bball players grew out of the internet, but that word has become akin to "badass" and every team needs one.