Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What's with the partying? Granted, the image I have of Chris is totally fabricated from TV viewing, but I never thought of him as a huge partyer or the subject of the gossip pages.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What's with the partying? Granted, the image I have of Chris is totally fabricated from TV viewing, but I never thought of him as a huge partyer or the subject of the gossip pages.
    Ballers with Randoms has some photos of Duhon partying -- start here and use the arrows on the right to scroll through the next several pictures. None of them are really bad or embarrassing -- just Chris having a good time.

As for this guy... dude, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Duhon definitely partied hard. He was there my first two years, and I routinely saw him out, in-season and in the off-season. In fact, even though it was before I got there, I'm pretty sure he got cited for underage consumption his freshman year.

Anyway, it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Chris in a Cavs uniform. We need a PG like nobody's business...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Ballers with Randoms has some photos of Duhon partying -- start here and use the arrows on the right to scroll through the next several pictures. None of them are really bad or embarrassing -- just Chris having a good time.

Good LORD! What happened Chief!???

Dude's looking rough.

-EarlJam

If the reports are true that he parties so hard that it makes him miss practice and film sessions, that's very sad. Chris is supposed to be a professional, and I wouldn't blame the Bulls at all if they decided to ship him off. Maybe he should end up in Utah, where his partying ways would be deminished greatly and he could learn how to "hit the books" again, as it were.

Geography = Everything!

Recommending Chris go to Utah (Deron Williams be damned!) solely based on its teetotaling LDS population as the cure to his partying is interesting. Other options: he could go to Seattle, so there'd be plenty of coffee to help him wake up. Or he could go to Toronto where it would be harder to buy drinks because of the different currency. Or he could go to New York, where with all the crowds and traffic, it would be too hard and expensive to go out too often.

Who can blame the guy? Meow!

Is Cherokee in the league anymore?
    Last edited by Chard; 06-15-2007 at 08:29 PM.

kobe / gordon / deng trade?

I hope I'm not repeating something that was posted elsewhere... but this morning I heard stuff that a possible trade scenario is Kobe to Chicago for Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, and a first round trade pick. Anything to this? And if so, how would it affect Chris? Maybe it was just some sportscaster "dreaming"... he said that's trading Kobe (age 29, maybe near the end of a good part of his career) and Deng/Gordon/draft pick (24+ somethings, 20+ somethings). Thanks...

Duhon Partying Distressing

I am very concerned about Chris and his penchant for partying. He had the same penchant here at Duke (and the same propensity for missing appointments and even certain basketball obligations). He's no Dennis Rodman, of course, but this is now twice that he has missed an important Bulls obligation.

He keeps this up, and no one will want him. He is a good player and an excellent leader... his defense is tops as well. But the NBA is fighting for a positive image... and some of these pictures suggest that Chris is still a few steps away from that.

Not good, definitely . . .

Being an L.A. fan . . .

I would really love that trade. Maybe they could also add Chris Duhon since they are looking to dump him anyway. I think that kind of trade would be best for the future of the Lakers.

Being a Bulls fan, I would not like it at all. It has been proven that in order to win a NBA title you need 2 star players. If the Bulls include Deng in the trade, then Kobe(Batman) would not have his "Robin". I feel anyone else on the Bulls roster is expendable just not Deng. I hope they do get Kobe just not at the expense of Deng. It should be an interesting summer---the draft is only a week away.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I hope I'm not repeating something that was posted elsewhere... but this morning I heard stuff that a possible trade scenario is Kobe to Chicago for Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, and a first round trade pick. Anything to this? And if so, how would it affect Chris? Maybe it was just some sportscaster "dreaming"... he said that's trading Kobe (age 29, maybe near the end of a good part of his career) and Deng/Gordon/draft pick (24+ somethings, 20+ somethings). Thanks...
    You have most of the components of the potential trade right but are missing a couple key ingredients. The Bulls will need to add two or three more players to make the salaries match up (Ben Wallace is being bandied about as a potential name) and will also need to find a third team to consummate the trade. The Lakers are apparently demanding a superstar back for Kobe and do not consider Gordon or Deng to be at that level. Who this third team will be is yet to be determined. Possibly Pierce with the Celtics, Arenas with the Wizards, or Marion with the Suns...

I think that it is unlikely that Kobe ends up getting traded, despite his desire to play for another team. First, tickets out here are ridiculously expensive. The main reason that the Lakers get away with the price is because Kobe is out there. As much as we Duke fans like Deng, ticket holders aren't going to want to see him play as much as they like watching Kobe. Second, I have to assume that the very vocal demands have damaged the Lakers' ability to make a good trade, as other teams must feel that the Lakers are in a tough spot. The Lakers aren't going to make a desperation trade.

I think the only way the Lakers can work the salaries out and get equal value is to involve the New York Yankees in the 3-way. (The NYY don't operate under the salary cap and have demonstrated a willingness to eat big contracts). Kobe to the NYY; ARod to PG for the Bulls; and Duhon, Wallace, Deng, Gordon, and the statue of Jordan to the Lakers.

Then, I might actually watch the NBA.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by NW Indiana Dukie View Post
    Being a Bulls fan, I would not like it at all. It has been proven that in order to win a NBA title you need 2 star players. If the Bulls include Deng in the trade, then Kobe(Batman) would not have his "Robin". I feel anyone else on the Bulls roster is expendable just not Deng. I hope they do get Kobe just not at the expense of Deng. It should be an interesting summer---the draft is only a week away.
    I was wondering about your batman/robin comment. Was Scottie Pippen that good before Michael blossomed... or did Michael actually have a big part in the development of Pippen as his "robin". In other words, can Chris become Kobe's "robin"? (obviously, I'm a "regular" fan, and not a basketball expert)...

I was wondering about your batman/robin comment. Was Scottie Pippen that good before Michael blossomed... or did Michael actually have a big part in the development of Pippen as his "robin". In other words, can Chris become Kobe's "robin"? (obviously, I'm a "regular" fan, and not a basketball expert)...
    Jordan's first year = '84-'85
    Pippen's first year = '87-'88

Michael was a HUGE factor in Pippen becoming the Top 50 All Time Player he was. Don't get me wrong--Pippen was a stud but without Michael, he could not do it. I believe Kobe could take Deng under his wing and help him blossom into a stud like Michael did with Pippen. Deng is a very good player right now but if you pair him up with a superstar(Kobe) they would be an impressive force. As much as I like Chris, he does not have the ability to be nearly as good as Deng will be. Chris will be a good role player for any team and Deng would be a star on just about every team.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 06-20-2007 at 03:43 PM.

"Happy hour Duhon"

Need some help here. My daughter was at Duke (class of '01) during part of Duhon's time. Chris' Mom and little brother were always featured in the crowd. I NEVER heard any stories -- or even a whisper -- about Duhon drinking, missing practice, oversleeping, etc.etc.

Was I blind?? Or is this just NBA behavior -- and if so, has Coach K/Shane/Elton/JWill,etc. reached out to tell Chris to knock it off??

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Need some help here. My daughter was at Duke (class of '01) during part of Duhon's time. I NEVER heard any stories -- or even a whisper -- about Duhon drinking, missing practice, oversleeping, etc.etc.

Was I blind?? Or is this just NBA behavior -- and if so, has Coach K/Shane/Elton/JWill,etc. reached out to tell Chris to knock it off??
    You were blind to the internet, which on occasion was rife with stories (posted by competitors' fans) of Duhon's drinking. I hope he is able to get it under control before he ruins his life and his career.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com