View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. NC State?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Davidson

5 2.22%
  • Gerald Henderson

2 0.89%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • David McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

2 0.89%
  • Greg Paulus

210 93.33%
  • Jon Scheyer

0 0%
  • Kyle Singler

4 1.78%
  • Nolan Smith

1 0.44%
  • Lance Thomas

1 0.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. NC State

Who was the Man of the Match vs. NC State?

Jordan Davidson!

Good play in the second half by quite a few, but Paulus stole the show.

Bench Paulus!

Great overall team play in the 2nd half - but we don't turn it around without Greg's performance

Gotta go with Paulus. He had a great game and kept us hanging around until the cavalry arrived. Leading scorer, leading assist man.

That said, I'm impressed that we had four guys with at least 18 points (Paulus 22, Singler 19, Henderson 18, Nelson 18).

Once again, a lackluster first half. But once again, a fantastic second half.

only caught the 2nd half but gotta go with paulus from what i saw. very tempted to vote for davidson though

Just a suggestion

Greg had a great game, but as someone mentioned last game, could you give us the option of TEAM?

The whole team stepped up in the second half after getting over the MD game hangover and the tossing of the Greenies.

Awesome, at one point Cameron seemed as loud as I have heard it in 30 years

DeMarcus Paulus.

Sounds Roman, huh?

Paulus was great but so was Demarcus who, if he stops listening to all of us, might end up a terrific, terrific pro. He certainly goes down on the all time Duke captain's list.

Paulus was a dominent force, particularly in the second half, but there is no second half without Demarcus' first.

And, CDu is on the money about the other two as well. I have to add that I thought McClure, no. 42 (don't get old), and Scheyer made great contributions. Smith only slightly less so.

Am I the only one who thinks that that guard who scored off of Scheyer's pass at the end could probably be a starting point at half the programs in the country?

This team is wickedly clever and smart.

K's performance thus far is setting an entirely new standard; a team this young playing a style on offense and I think also on defense (aside from "Orange," I think the "man" defense entirely befuddling in its zone principles, which seems to have "littles" coming from nowhere to steal entry passes when no one could possibly see or anticipate their being there) that is entirely new, and doing it so well, is unprecedented.

Let the heads talk about 800 or 900 or whatever all they want. K is doing something we have never seen before in sport; what is so stunning about Duke is that he has players with the character, smarts, and skills to pull it off.

Might want to hold off on the voting for MOTM for a little bit -- I have a major plus/minus development to reveal!

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    Jordan Davidson!
    HUMAN
    VICTORY
    CIGAR
    HUMANVICTORYCIGAR

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Paulus was great but so was Demarcus who, if he stops listening to all of us, might end up a terrific, terrific pro. He certainly goes down on the all time Duke captain's list.

Paulus was a dominent force, particularly in the second half, but there is no second half without Demarcus' first.

And, CDu is on the money about the other two as well. I have to add that I thought McClure, no. 42 (don't get old), and Scheyer made great contributions. Smith only slightly less so.

Am I the only one who thinks that that guard who scored off of Scheyer's pass at the end could probably be a starting point at half the programs in the country?

This team is wickedly clever and smart.

K's performance thus far is setting an entirely new standard; a team this young playing a style on offense and I think also on defense (aside from "Orange," I think the "man" defense entirely befuddling in its zone principles, which seems to have "littles" coming from nowhere to steal entry passes when no one could possibly see or anticipate their being there) that is entirely new, and doing it so well, is unprecedented.

Let the heads talk about 800 or 900 or whatever all they want. K is doing something we have never seen before in sport; what is so stunning about Duke is that he has players with the character, smarts, and skills to pull it off.
    Great post, GB!!

I just voted for Davidson because im sure the Crazies were the loudest when he scored at the end. The smile on his face was priceless.

I would also vote for K. The hug he gave Nelson, even as Nelson was moving away at the end, shows me just how much he cares.

Notice Jumbos inside humor making Paulus graphic bar green

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I voted for DeMarcus. He guarded Fells all night. Fells, who has been State's best player the past few games, scored 1 point. ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

K's performance thus far is setting an entirely new standard; a team this young playing a style on offense and I think also on defense that is entirely new, and doing it so well, is unprecedented.

Chills down the spine true GB.

I love it how somebody(s) always steps up on tis team. Game in, game out this team is the most fun to watch since 01.

Great game for Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Notice Jumbos inside humor making Paulus graphic bar green
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Might want to hold off on the voting for MOTM for a little bit -- I have a major plus/minus development to reveal!
    To respond to myself, Kyle Singler was a +30 tonight. Plus-30. Think about that for a little while. Damn.

MOTM? The Grad student section, for starting the "lose the green" chant.

In all seriousness, I've gotta go with Kyle Singler on this one. Solid offensive game, great defensive effort. D-Marks defense was very important though.

Off topic I know, but why was the Green shirt topic closed? Just b/c the whole thing was an unmitigated disaster doesn't mean it still isn't worth talking about? It actually served as a unifying thing. . . when the crazies all started throwing them in the recycling bins at half time. Even crazy towel guy took his off. The devil too.