• Ohio

0 0%
  • Belmont

1 1.89%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Anyone in the ACC should feel threatened by NC State. It's our fault for dropping that ball over the past 20 seasons.
    Well one things for sure, they're getting a ton of press time because of this run. If anything that should help recruiting immensely....especially for the next couple years...he can point to duke's lehigh loss and harp on how much tougher NCSU is than duke...Now, it might not be true, but when you're trying to appeal to 17-18 year old kids, anything can carry water.
    1200. DDMF.

I hate UNC. They look good against Creighton, though.

Creighton can't do anything or get a board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I hate UNC. They look good against Creighton, though.

Creighton can't do anything or get a board.
    Did anyone else see Henson look like a total punk when he got his T earlier?

Henson just got taken out of the game...possibly reinjured...he has a very distraught look on his face.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Henson just got taken out of the game...possibly reinjured...he has a very distraught look on his face.
    In other words, he looks like he always does...
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Echenique just did what you have to do against Henson: take the ball up and into his chin and chest. Echenique just powered through Henson, which is the right play, among several not-so-great choices. Better chance to draw a foul than to avoid a block. Henson is long, not strong.

Marshall sees everything, which explains why several of his assists each game come from passes when the opponent guarding the pass-recipient isn't looking or thinking. Marshall is always thinking, always looking. Is it coincidence that his vision is matched by his hand-eye coordination and pass-spin-location-and-pace? Marshall pays attention, and knows that many basketball players sometimes - actually frequently - don't. It's quite an advantage, when playing basketball.

At beginning of season, I thought and said that James Michael McAdoo was the second-best frosh, after Anthony Davis. All season long, I assumed I was way off base, and perhaps I was. But Henson's injury has certainly allowed McAdoo floor time to, uh, blossom. He's the next great Heel, unless he pulls a Marvin Williams.

Don't think Heels will be challenged in Sweet 16. KU or NCSt might well be exciting in Elite 8. But Heels' A+ game is only one close to UK's A+ game. Maybe tOSU??

UK-UNC for NC not one favored around here, but hard to deny its great appeal to any fan able to be neutral.

Go Pack, etc.

Dopey ol'roy just HAD to leave him in while the score runs up.

Reports that Marshall broke his wrist. If that's true, the whole picture changes for UNC. He's by far their most valuable player. I hate that for him, if it's true, and sincerely hope for a swift and complete recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Reports that Marshall broke his wrist. If that's true, the whole picture changes for UNC. He's by far their most valuable player. I hate that for him, if it's true, and sincerely hope for a swift and complete recovery.
    Just saw that report. Can anyone who watched the game give any details? I'm curious at what point this happened in the game. They just showed the play and it didn't look overly serious at the time.

Delighted to see Robbie Hummel light it up on the big stage. After everything that kid's been through, I'm so happy to see him play so well.

Delighted to see Robbie Hummel light it up on the big stage. After everything that kid's been through, I'm so happy to see him play so well.
    Great to see- the kid has endured a lot.

Before anyone pronounces UNC dead, let's note at this point that UNC has a very good chance of being able to make the Final Four without having to play anyone higher than an 8 seed...

Note: This is not to discredit such a run if it were to happen. You play the teams that you play, and it won't be Carolina's fault that Georgetown lost or, if Purdue holds on, Kansas loses prior to playing Carolina. And making a final four, no matter who you play, with Stillman White as your starting PG, is no sure thing. However, things are currently breaking in a way that Carolina, who starts 3 NBA lottery picks even without Marshall, has a good chance to find themselves playing 2 weekends from now.

Before anyone pronounces UNC dead, let's note at this point that UNC has a very good chance of being able to make the Final Four without having to play anyone higher than an 8 seed...
    Yea. Seems like the chips are falling in place for them if Kansas loses.

Reminds me of the "easy" road people claimed Duke had to the 2010 title.

However, if UNC has to play Kansas or NCSU... unlikely Final Four.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Wow, what a dumb move on Taylor's part. RUN THE CLOCK OUT DUDE!!!!

Taking the dunk just gave Purdue hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post

Strongly disagree...the moment he slows down to change direction, the trailing guy fouls him...and then he has to take FTs....he took the guaranteed two...fine decision
    1200. DDMF.

hope now taken away
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Yea, he's not the headiest of players...

They lucked out.

Purdue was also lucky the clock didn't start when Withey touched it...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Strongly disagree...the moment he slows down to change direction, the trailing guy fouls him...and then he has to take FTs....he took the guaranteed two...fine decision
    He did not need to slow down. He had enough space to turn the corner at the rim, and keep dribbling away from them. It was 2.1 when he dunked, no way they catch him to foul, and even if they do, the clock would have been under a second.

He had enough space to get out of dodge...

Yea but with FTs... they have to get the rebound and advance with less than 2.5 seconds left (assuming he misses the 2nd) or burn another timeout if he makes it. He changes direction you're looking at probably less than a second left.

On an inbounds, they can set up a play and get a good shot, like they did just now.

He did not need to slow down. He had enough space to turn the corner at the rim, and keep dribbling away from them. It was 2.1 when he dunked, no way they catch him to foul, and even if they do, the clock would have been under a second.

He had enough space to get out of dodge...
    Still disagree...there was a guy on his right and on his left, regardless of which direction he turned, the guy would have gotten a hand on him, and the way refs call games late, if you even touch the guy, they'll probably call the foul. There would have been maybe 1 second left...given, he could have missed the second one intentionally...

I don't think its that absurd of a play in that situation....if you're more all alone than he was, sure. He ensured that they could not lose in regulation, and the team ended up winning....i mean from that play the % change in chance of victory is so miniscule, its probably not worth splitting hairs over.
    1200. DDMF.