View Poll Results: Which 5 films will make the most at the boxoffice this summer?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avengers

56 90.32%
  • Dark Shadows

4 6.45%
  • Battleship

8 12.90%
  • Men in Black 3

41 66.13%
  • Snow White and the Huntsman

2 3.23%
  • Prometheus

13 20.97%
  • Madagascar 3

22 35.48%
  • Brave

34 54.84%
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

2 3.23%
  • GI Joe II

0 0%
  • Amazing Spider-Man

38 61.29%
  • Ice Age: Continental Drift

8 12.90%
  • Dark Knight Rises

58 93.55%
  • Total Recall

1 1.61%
  • The Bourne Legacy

10 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    I, like Jason, had 1,2,3,4,7. I tried to place my faith in my fellow voters by picking the five most popular on the last day of voting, but no one could have seen Ted beating out Madagascar 3 AND Will Smith's return. And even if someone did, not enough would have to throw this poll off enough to have helped me. Ah well, so be it. Did anyone go other and pick Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Did anyone go other and pick Ted?
    Nope.

However, I did list it as one of the "Other" contenders back in April when this all began. It was listed as a film to consider along with the following riff-raff:

Rock of Ages
    Ted
    The Dictator
    What to Expect When You Are Expecting
    That's My Boy
    Neighborhood Watch
    The Expendables 2
    This was before Neighborhood Watch got changed to just The Watch. My bet is that more people considered The Dictator and Rock of Ages than those who considered Ted.

But, then again, no one saw The Hangover or Wedding Crashers or Bridesmaids coming either. The raunchy comedy is one of the hardest places to predict success... but when one hits, it hits BIG!

-Jason "I am glad no one voted for That's My Boy... as I would have had to hunt them down and kill them" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nope.

However, I did list it as one of the "Other" contenders back in April when this all began. It was listed as a film to consider along with the following riff-raff:

Rock of Ages
    Ted
    The Dictator
    What to Expect When You Are Expecting
    That's My Boy
    Neighborhood Watch
    The Expendables 2

This was before Neighborhood Watch got changed to just The Watch. My bet is that more people considered The Dictator and Rock of Ages than those who considered Ted.

But, then again, no one saw The Hangover or Wedding Crashers or Bridesmaids coming either. The raunchy comedy is one of the hardest places to predict success... but when one hits, it hits BIG!

-Jason "I am glad no one voted for That's My Boy... as I would have had to hunt them down and kill them" Evans
    OK, then on to the truly critical (pun intended) question:

Which was the WORST movie of the summer? Not just disappointing, but outright noxious. Who wins the Razzie?

It seems the candidates are:

The Watch
    That's My Boy
    Seeking a Friend
    Rock of Ages
    Abe Lincoln
    Battleship

I didn't see any of them. Although I think I saw That's My Boy on sale at the drug store for $2.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    OK, then on to the truly critical (pun intended) question:

Which was the WORST movie of the summer? Not just disappointing, but outright noxious. Who wins the Razzie?

It seems the candidates are:

The Watch
    That's My Boy
    Seeking a Friend
    Rock of Ages
    Abe Lincoln
    Battleship

I didn't see any of them. Although I think I saw That's My Boy on sale at the drug store for $2.
    From a purely personal perspective I have to vote for "That's My Boy". I was somewhat interested in "Seeking a Friend", "The Watch" and "Abe Lincoln" before the reviews came out. I had no interest in "Rock of Ages" or "Battleship" because of the subject matter. I would walk two blocks out of my way to avoid the theater where "That's My Boy" was playing. Adam Sandler has solidified his position as the stinker superstar, a position I once thought Eddie Murphy had locked up.

"Searching for Sugar Man," if it were a fictional movie would be considered schlock. As a real life, tremendously constructed documentary, one might want to see it before casting a vote.

Hey! Here's what I said about Ted: "And I guess if I had to pick a "Bridesmaids" kind of sleeper it would be "Ted." It's an adult romantic, dark comedy, and if it gets good reviews and good word of mouth it could have legs because it's the only one out there like that."

That's not picking it...but it at least was covering the possibility (which proved to be 100% correct...man, sure wish I had picked it).

As for worst....it's definitely "That's My Boy." I'm not sure what's gotten into Sandler lately. It's almost like he's doing it on purpose - just sticking his middle finger right at everyone.

But, I think a close second would be Abe Lincoln. That movie could have been great. Instead it was just really, really bad.