Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    A good big seems to eat us up (miami) and we are better this year up front than we might be in a couple of years.
    Zoubs and Lance would disagree. While they weren't scorers they played SOLID D; rebounded and NOONE played harder than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    That's not really his spot, anyway. Thornton's spot is the corner.
    Not only that, but the pass was low and he had to reach down before getting into his motion to shoot. That hurts any shooter, much less a guy that's more mechanical in his shot like Tyler. He needs that pass to be at chest level to have a chance at making that one most of the time.

Right now we are in major danger time. Even with all the time left in the game, a 10 point deficit almost feels like too much to overcome because of how poorly we've played offensively up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Um, yeah...that was the point.
    Sorry. My seething is clouding my reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    It appears our guards think inside the perimeter is on fire. When a team is covering you so tightly, you have to penetrate.
    So who should penetrate, Austin is in foul trouble and doesn't want to charge, and I really haven't seen the other guys beat too many defenders, especially those of FSU's quality, one on one this year. That club just isn't in this teams bag. Without Kelly, the guards can play super tight on Rivers, Curry and Dawkins, and not have to worry about stepping out on the Plumlees when they screen. You just sag off of Thornton and make sure that he is the open guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Not only that, but the pass was low and he had to reach down before getting into his motion to shoot. That hurts any shooter, much less a guy that's more mechanical in his shot like Tyler. He needs that pass to be at chest level to have a chance at making that one most of the time.

Right now we are in major danger time. Even with all the time left in the game, a 10 point deficit almost feels like too much to overcome because of how poorly we've played offensively up to this point.
    Well you can't say it's a surprise. They were this bad on offense last night, too.

Quin Cook

I still don't know why he does not get more PT.

I feel that V. Tech set the tone with let TT beat us and we need Cook or Curry to play well. As I say that, Cook shows what he brings.

Nice spark from Cook.

Not Quinn Cook apparently

Just when the message board is about to explode from disappointment, we make a run!

Nobody respects K more than me but I still don't understand why Quinn doesn't play more. I also don't understand why they pull him so fast when they do put him in.

Love seeing Quinn step up.

Dawkins falling asleep on D again.

Sorry. My seething is clouding my reading comprehension.
    I feel you, buddy! I just don't want to see FSU go to full "punk" mode - and believe me, they WANT to (witness those two missed statement dunks) . But if our guys keep playing like stiffs, they deserve to be humiliated.

Moving screen on Hairston?? Have they watched the Florida State offense the whole game???
    Windy City Devil

Just when the message board is about to explode from disappointment, we make a run!
    And just before we hit a big 3, the phantom moving screen gets called!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukie View Post
    Nobody respects K more than me but I still don't understand why Quinn doesn't play more. I also don't understand why they pull him so fast when they do put him in.
    Because his defense (individual and team) has been very poor at times. Pretty simple.
    Windy City Devil

And then the phantom shooting foul. Sigh. I don't think I can take this two games in a row.

2 things I like about Hairston is that he blocks out and the runs the court to the front of the rim.

1 thing I hate about Hairston is commits too many moving screens. He got away with 1 in the 1st half, the got caught causing a TO.

And just before we hit a big 3, the phantom moving screen gets called!
    Well it was Hairston, so I think there's a reasonable chance it was a moving screen. The foul on Mason? That's another story.