Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    UK's greatest achievement was convincing the world that graduation does not exist.
    Pulling a Keyzer Soze if you will.

Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    It was Keyser Söze, Agent Kujan. The Devil himself. How do you shoot the Devil in the back? What if you miss?

~ Roger "Verbal" Kent

Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    It was Keyser Söze, Agent Kujan. The Devil himself. ...
    The Devil is in the details?

According to this UK site, Daniels is no longer interested in Kentucky. He is down to Texas, Kansas, and Duke. And hey, if he doesn't go to Duke, at least he won't be going to Kentucky. Hopefully Duke will soon be adding another member to its 2011 class.

http://www.nationofblue.com/kentucky...-daniels-5975/

Deandre Daniels

This is probably posted somewhere else on the board, but I was just at the Rivals site and saw that Duke is basically in the lead for Deandre Daniels, the #9 rated player in 2011. I either hadn't noticed or paid attention to his recruitment, but it seems to be a pretty new development. Had thought we were done for 2011. He is listed at 6'8" 180, #3 rated small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    This is probably posted somewhere else on the board, but I was just at the Rivals site and saw that Duke is basically in the lead for Deandre Daniels, the #9 rated player in 2011. I either hadn't noticed or paid attention to his recruitment, but it seems to be a pretty new development. Had thought we were done for 2011. He is listed at 6'8" 180, #3 rated small forward.
    Duke is new to the party on this one. Looks like he would get the ship that was suppose to go to Quincy Miller.

There is no such thing as too much talent. I am just surprised that we are picking up another player, but from the looks of it the kid can play.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jaygdevil11 View Post
    Duke is new to the party on this one. Looks like he would get the ship that was suppose to go to Quincy Miller.
    How would this affect the Shabazz Muhammad recruitment? Or is that a long shot now? I know Muhammad is a 2012 guy, but unless Daniels is a one and done, then Muhammad might want to avoid coming in behind him. But I am a novice when looking at recruiting issues anyway... I remember thinking that missing out on Kenny Boyton was going to cripple us.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    How would this affect the Shabazz Muhammad recruitment? Or is that a long shot now? I know Muhammad is a 2012 guy, but unless Daniels is a one and done, then Muhammad might want to avoid coming in behind him. But I am a novice when looking at recruiting issues anyway... I remember thinking that missing out on Kenny Boyton was going to cripple us.
    Shabazz and Daniels play different positions. Shabazz is more of a 2/3 slashing guard, while we're recruiting Daniels as a combo forward. It should have no effect. Some might say having Sulaimon already committed affects Shabazz, but I can't see how Daniels would have any effect. Murphy (c/o 2012) and Daniels would compete more for minutes - Murphy, by the way, is now up to 6'9".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Shabazz and Daniels play different positions. Shabazz is more of a 2/3, while we're recruiting Dnaiels as a 4. It should have no effect. Some might say having Sulaimon already committed affects Shabazz. I can't see how Daniels would have any effect.
    Andy Borman said that Daniels is a "face-up three." He says "he's a guard, he's not a four." So I think that wherever Daniels ends up committing, he is likely going in under the assumption of playing at the three.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/02/03/d...aining-at-img/

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Andy Borman said that Daniels is a "face-up three." He says "he's a guard, he's not a four." So I think that wherever Daniels ends up committing, he is likely going in under the assumption of playing at the three.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/02/03/d...aining-at-img/
    Hmmm, interesting. Jerry Meyer says he's a face-up four (as linked earlier in this thread):

As for his position, Daniels is a true combo forward in my estimation. His primary position in college will likely be as a face-up four man
    But I guess Borman would know more since he's actually working with him. I guess Coach K doesn't play positions; he just has five players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Jerry Meyer says he's a face-up four (as linked earlier in this thread):

I guess Coach K doesn't play positions; he just has five players.
    True dat... Daniels may very well be a 4, but I think that him and his coach think he's a 3. Of course, I remember there was a time when John Henson was supposedly going to be a 3 coming out of HS. I even heard KD-offensive-potential from at least one scout from rivals. As it turned out, not only does Henson not have any relatable offensive skills to Kevin Durant, he is not even capable of playing the 3 because he has no semblance of a mid-range game (or anything else further than about 5 feet from the rim). So I guess in the long run we won't really no what Daniels is capable of until he is on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    True dat... Daniels may very well be a 4, but I think that him and his coach think he's a 3. Of course, I remember there was a time when John Henson was supposedly going to be a 3 coming out of HS. I even heard KD-offensive-potential from at least one scout from rivals. As it turned out, not only does Henson not have any relatable offensive skills to Kevin Durant, he is not even capable of playing the 3 because he has no semblance of a mid-range game (or anything else further than about 5 feet from the rim). So I guess in the long run we won't really no what Daniels is capable of until he is on campus.
    Actually Henson has developed a nice little jump shot that's good up to about 18 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Actually Henson has developed a nice little jump shot that's good up to about 18 feet.
    He has definitely developed some offensive game in the last 2 years, but I like to be overly critical and extremely sarcastic toward anything UNC-related. It's gotten me through a lot of cold winter nights.

Just from watching video of Daniels and Murphy, think it would be cool to see them on the floor at the same time. Both look really athletic, would be fun to watch them play together. Not counting Daniels as a done deal of course. Wonder where our class would rate in comparison to Kentucky if we do get Daniels.

i might be wrong...

but if daniels ends up in duke blue dont he, hairston, gbinije, and murphy all play similar positions? Dont get me wrong, im all for having a lot of talented bodies rotating in and out to keep everyone fresh, but i feel like atleast one of those guys is gonna spend a lot of time on the bench if he were to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by jennja01 View Post
    but if daniels ends up in duke blue dont he, hairston, gbinije, and murphy all play similar positions? Dont get me wrong, im all for having a lot of talented bodies rotating in and out to keep everyone fresh, but i feel like atleast one of those guys is gonna spend a lot of time on the bench if he were to commit.
    Hairston is a tad bit undersized 4, he cannot play the three. Similar to Lance.
    Murphy is a 3/4 with good ball skills and a shot. Similar to Singler

I think Gbinije, and Daniels are the two that are the most similar and you cant have enough altheltic decent defenders that are 6'6/6'7 sf/pfs!

Quote Originally Posted by jennja01 View Post
    Memphis 2008, but with good free throw shooting imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    ... Wonder where our class would rate in comparison to Kentucky if we do get Daniels.
    With sophmores, juniors and seniors playing for National Championships instead of just a bunch of frosh trying to figure things out on a national stage. Although I must say I find myself rooting for Calipari to at least make it to an elite eight this year (that will be wiped off the books some year in the future).

Watched some highlights

I know it is highlights and that always has to be taken with a grain of salt, but the guy is incredibly long, and has a nice stroke. Some have questioned his ability to fit in with a team. If he decided to go to Duke I think that problem would be resolved. Like I said I know its highlights, but he could be a great weapon.