8 20.51%
  • Ironman

3 7.69%
  • Aquaman

23 58.97%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What superhero is the worst

What superhero is the weakest?

Dwight Schrute made me start this poll... don't ask.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I think you need an "other", but given the choices, Aquaman blows whale snot.
    "Oh no, Aquaman and his army of fish are out to spoil our evil scheme! What shall we do?!"
    "Rob a bank in Phoenix. Come catch us! Here fishy, fishy!"

phlttttt, I never liked Aquaman.

haha. i wanted it just to be between these 5. The 5 most recent I can remember I suppose.

Aquaman is lame. Always has been, always will be. Glad to see Spidey is the only without a vote (as of this posting). I think he'd definitely win in a round robin tournament. It's a toss up for second place (Batman or Iron Man) but I feel good about saying Marvel taking home at least two trophies.

The timing of this poll is fortuitous. Last night I caught part of an episode of the Super Friends for the first time in years and I was quickly reminded of how completely lame Aquaman is. He has the power to talk to fish and he can hold his breath? Pulease!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "...Here fishy, fishy!"
    Wow, that's what my dad & I have always said when we go deep sea fishing. We call to them with "Here fishy, fishy!" Does that mean my dad is the lame superhero Aquaman?

(Believe me, if you saw my dad, you'd agree that he is most definitely NOT Aquaman.)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Wow, that's what my dad & I have always said when we go deep sea fishing. We call to them with "Here fishy, fishy!" Does that mean my dad is the lame superhero Aquaman?
    No, and he is fishing the correct way. That is the universal fish call, along with "get in the boat, dammit" and "hand me a beer".

I dated a girl for a while who was always cold (I attributed this in part to the fact that she's a vegetarian, and thus literally doesn't have enough meat on her bones). I once told her that if she were a superhero, she'd be Bad Circulation Girl. It didn't go over too well.

As for the poll, I voted for Aquaman. I don't dislike him; I merely find him to be the weakest of a strong group.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I dated a girl for a while who was always cold (I attributed this in part to the fact that she's a vegetarian, and thus literally doesn't have enough meat on her bones). I once told her that if she were a superhero, she'd be Bad Circulation Girl. It didn't go over too well.

As for the poll, I voted for Aquaman. I don't dislike him; I merely find him to be the weakest of a strong group.
    Wilson,

I am dissapointed. You think Aquaman is weaker than the others? First of all, he's the ONLY "underwater" hero that I know of and as most people know, ANYONE who makes their living or "does their thing" on the seas is a bad-arse. You MUST be very strong.

Add to this the fact that unlike Batman and Ironman, Aquaman has supernatural abilities. And like an underwater Tarzan, he can summon the sea creatures at will to help his cause.

Simply put, he's one bad mutha flippa.

Anyway, just had to defend Aquaman a bit. He's getting killed in this poll and he is a personal friend of mine (you should see what he did with a couple of seahorses at a party in Wilmington last year! He was wasted, and if I didn't know him better, I would have called PETA).

Bad Circulation Girl - That's hilarious! I once dated a girl who refused to admit she had any faults (other than being a "perfectionist").

I told her I was far more "Jesus-like" than her and that she was like Martha. We broke up the next day.

-EarlJam

In order from lamest to coolest: Aquaman, Batman, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman.

[QUOTE=wilson;169310]I dated a girl for a while who was always cold (I attributed this in part to the fact that she's a vegetarian, and thus literally doesn't have enough meat on her bones). I once told her that if she were a superhero, she'd be Bad Circulation Girl. It didn't go over too well.[/QUOTE
    I like to give super hero names to people at work. Everyday I battle the evil forces of: Captain Redundant and Mr. Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    In order from lamest to coolest: Aquaman, Batman, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman.
    Note: Marvel at the top, DC at the bottom. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I like to give super hero names to people at work. Everyday I battle the evil forces of: Captain Redundant and Mr. Douche.
    I've met similar folks myself. I'm pretty sure Captain Redundant has an entire Redundancy Squad Brigade. There seem to be an awful lot of his minions about.

I missed this in 2535's original post. That is awesome!

I currently battle the evil forces of:

SpreadSheet Girl! - Able to turn any person, place or thing into a mega-detailed, time-sucking spreadsheet with here EXCEL-lent powers!

The Incredible Sulk - Able to turn any positive into a negative with the mere opening of his mighty "glass half empty" mouth! Just won the lottery? 100 Million dollars? Bummer! You half to pay half in taxes you know!

Absolutely Guy! - This co-worker talks so much corporate speak it can drive anyone to their death.

"Absolutely Steve! I'll put pen to paper asap as to not get too far behind the eight ball! To your point, at the end of the day it's about leveraging the low hanging fruit to keep the department in the black!"

This guy is a rock star for the corporation!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

SpreadSheet Girl! - Able to turn any person, place or thing into a mega-detailed, time-sucking spreadsheet with here EXCEL-lent powers!

The Incredible Sulk - Able to turn any positive into a negative with the mere opening of his mighty "glass half empty" mouth! Just won the lottery? 100 Million dollars? Bummer! You half to pay half in taxes you know!

Absolutely Guy! - This co-worker talks so much corporate speak it can drive anyone to their death.

"Absolutely Steve! I'll put pen to paper asap as to not get too far behind the eight ball! To your point, at the end of the day it's about leveraging the low hanging fruit to keep the department in the black!"

-EarlJam
    Classic! But this makes me wonder what my superhero name would be. Maybe I could take a poll...

Wilson,

I am dissapointed. You think Aquaman is weaker than the others? First of all, he's the ONLY "underwater" hero that I know of and as most people know, ANYONE who makes their living or "does their thing" on the seas is a bad-arse. You MUST be very strong.

Add to this the fact that unlike Batman and Ironman, Aquaman has supernatural abilities. And like an underwater Tarzan, he can summon the sea creatures at will to help his cause.

Simply put, he's one bad mutha flippa.

Anyway, just had to defend Aquaman a bit. He's getting killed in this poll and he is a personal friend of mine (you should see what he did with a couple of seahorses at a party in Wilmington last year! He was wasted, and if I didn't know him better, I would have called PETA).

Bad Circulation Girl - That's hilarious! I once dated a girl who refused to admit she had any faults (other than being a "perfectionist").

I told her I was far more "Jesus-like" than her and that she was like Martha. We broke up the next day.

-EarlJam
    One could further argue that

1) One could argue Iron Man is Super Smart (leads to the next 2-3)

2) At least he can actually fly

3) He could make a much cooler 'batmobile' then Wayne.

4) He could make himself or anyone else a batman 2.0 if he wanted. At least a cooler, sleeker looking suit. He looks like a skate/ray egg with a strong muscular guy inside of it.

-EarlJam
    My current nemesis is Rejectra. She has the power to morph accounting policies to justify rejecting every requisition at least once. This power is complemented by her ability to explain in a very sincere voice how "this is the way we've always done requisitions." She'll stop at nothing to destroy all workplace productivity.

Don't forget Captain Obvious.

Well, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    My current nemesis is Rejectra. She has the power to morph accounting policies to justify rejecting every requisition at least once. This power is complemented by her ability to explain in a very sincere voice how "this is the way we've always done requisitions." She'll stop at nothing to destroy all workplace productivity.
    Oh yes. Rejectra!

I am familiar with her. She is a relentless demon from Hell, disguised as an innocent corporate peg. She is where ambitious new ideas go to die.

She can condemn any great idea to the pits of Hades with the power of two simple words, "It's policy."

She manifests herself in so many ways every day across this great land. She is pure evil and there is no way to stop her. You can only contain her with your "bypass her, apologize later" abilities.

Hang in there. Be strong, and know you suffer with many.

-EarlJam

Aquaman is lame. Always has been, always will be. Glad to see Spidey is the only without a vote (as of this posting). I think he'd definitely win in a round robin tournament. It's a toss up for second place (Batman or Iron Man) but I feel good about saying Marvel taking home at least two trophies.
    My vote too would have gone to aquaman, but I don't think he even deserves to be in this poll, really. My second choice is spiderman, but that's more based on the movies, since I didn't really read comic books as a kid.

Note: Marvel at the top, DC at the bottom. Perfect.
    Amen. I always hated DC comics. The only DC-based movie I've thought was reasonably good was the last Batman. Didn't like the first one and all the other Batmans were atrocious, haven't been able to get into any of the Supermans.