Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

someone likely already mentioned this, but carrawell gets a championship finally too!
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

GREAT Duke Blue Planet video of the last play and right after the game: http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBlue.../0/cchAZ3MEjEk

So many good things in here, but the look on Nolan's face and Coach K's reaction to seeing Zoubs stand out. I'm sure they'll be putting up more, but this one is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil07 View Post
    GREAT Duke Blue Planet video of the last play and right after the game: http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBlue.../0/cchAZ3MEjEk

So many good things in here, but the look on Nolan's face and Coach K's reaction to seeing Zoubs stand out. I'm sure they'll be putting up more, but this one is great!
    WOW!!!

ok, watch this movie from 28 seconds to about 35 seconds. Look at Lance Thomas. He has the most incredible view of the most heart-stopping shot in the history of all sports. I think it took him a few seconds to even realize what missing the shot meant. That we were champions. Look at Scheyer run like a bullet to Lance.

What a great camera angle! Thanks for posting this!

Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but thought it was particularly funny. Compare the Charlotte Observer's front page last year to this year:

I hope nobody subscribes to the Charlotte Tar Heel!

Edit: Wow, that video was awesome! LT's reaction definitely was a classic. Was like he couldn't believe what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but thought it was particularly funny. Compare the Charlotte Observer's front page last year to this year:

I hope nobody subscribes to the Charlotte Tar Heel!
    The absolute best part about it is the article that trumps Duke's championship.

Hmm. I want to sell papers. I can imagine it now... the main article... "Something in the air: Pollen"

HAHAHA its like something out of the Onion

I feel similar to Lance. It took me a good while to realize that we had actually won the NC, because all I was thinking was, "Wow, that almost went in! Oh my gosh!"

My Intro to Exercise Science prof...(reminder, I go to school at IU)

"Now, I'm sure all of you saw the Final Four over the weekend. And you had a sweet spot for Butler. So, when that shot at the buzzer didn't go in, no one was happy about it"

I beg to differ good sir. I was one elated man when this happened

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Butler had no timeouts left and there were only 3.6 seconds left. It was right percentage play. If he makes it, they get the ball out of bounds and can run something resembling a play. As it was, they had a desperation heave. The odds of that shot going in were minuscule. Even if he'd made it, I would've said it was the right call. I agreed with it when I saw Z miss the FT on purpose.
    Heard this morning on Mike and Mike that Coach K said yesterday that he wanted to win or lose right there, and that was how to play it with that mindset. He was concerned that Butler would win in OT with the foul trouble Duke had and the crowd being so behind Butler. Soooooo glad his decision worked out in the end. Whooooohoooooo!

I hate Duke. I hate them with a passion that burns hotter then a million suns. But I’ll give credit where its due. They worked hard. Period. As a UNC fan I hate to admit it but they did everything I hoped UNC would do. They had three players dramatically improve their game from one year to the next. UNC’s returning players (including two seniors) were no better this year then they were last year. Duke’s coach was flexible enough to recognize the limitations of his team and adjust his gameplan accordingly, while Roy continued to want to play a style of basketball that he hadn’t recruited the players to execute. Last, but definately not least, Duke had the kind of tough defense and physical rebounding that everybody thought UNC would have this year… but didn’t. The only positive thing that can come out of this season now is if UNC’s players players (and even the coach) look 8 miles down the road and learn some lessons from what they see.
    I just took that from one of the Carolina boards. Oh, so, so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post

I hate Duke. I hate them with a passion that burns hotter then a million suns. But I’ll give credit where its due. They worked hard. Period. As a UNC fan I hate to admit it but they did everything I hoped UNC would do. They had three players dramatically improve their game from one year to the next. UNC’s returning players (including two seniors) were no better this year then they were last year. Duke’s coach was flexible enough to recognize the limitations of his team and adjust his gameplan accordingly, while Roy continued to want to play a style of basketball that he hadn’t recruited the players to execute. Last, but definately not least, Duke had the kind of tough defense and physical rebounding that everybody thought UNC would have this year… but didn’t. The only positive thing that can come out of this season now is if UNC’s players players (and even the coach) look 8 miles down the road and learn some lessons from what they see.
    I just took that from one of the Carolina boards. Oh, so, so beautiful.
    Well, that poor, honest bastard just got banned from that carolina board!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingFor#4 View Post
    Umm...did Jon Scheyer post his phone # to his twitter? I'm going to leave him alone...guess K still has some things to teach to his seniors lol.
    Jon didn't post his number to Twitter. It was the number of his high school buddy who since gotten over 2,000 calls and texts. I wonder how many were congratulatory and how many were of the "you suck" variety.

http://deadspin.com/5512111/jon-sche...tty-darn-funny

Nice prank Jon. Well played.

Does anyone have the link of K and the seniors speeches in Cameron after the game?

The Middle

Did anyone see last week's "the middle"? I think it was called "Final Four" and was about the main guy getting tickets to the FF and not being able to go, and then he tries to avoid learning the score so he can watch. Long story short, at the end he's going under for surgery and the surgeons say something to the effect of "wow, did you see that game yesterday?" "yeah, talk about amazing. Great day to be a Duke Fan."

I paraphrased, and I wondered if they played a different team there based on region, but if it was Duke everywhere, talk about a prediction!
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    Did anyone see last week's "the middle"? I think it was called "Final Four" and was about the main guy getting tickets to the FF and not being able to go, and then he tries to avoid learning the score so he can watch. Long story short, at the end he's going under for surgery and the surgeons say something to the effect of "wow, did you see that game yesterday?" "yeah, talk about amazing. Great day to be a Duke Fan."

I paraphrased, and I wondered if they played a different team there based on region, but if it was Duke everywhere, talk about a prediction!
    In California it was also Duke. My guess is they taped that scene for all the #1 seeds and ours was the only one that could be used. Still pretty cool

on vacation!

I'm very late to this party - not that anyone cares, but I must register my delight with this team and their title. I was out of town and away from TV. Long story, many details, but some might find it amusing that I had to follow from about the 10 min mark of the 2nd half via a 2/5th strength WiFi signal on my Palm TX, and set the site (ESPN, carrying a CBS feed, apparently) it to update every 15 seconds. It was nerve-wracking! But worth it in the end. I still have not yet seen a single highlight; I tried to arrange to have the game recorded on DVD while I was gone. Hope it worked.

Guess I'll watch the Blue Planet video now.

WRAL.com

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    Does anyone have the link of K and the seniors speeches in Cameron after the game?
    I watched it on WRAL.com
    Try finding it through this link---it lasted approx 27 minutes:
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/video/7370853/
    Try:http://duke.scout.com/2/960123.html

You may have to search the WRAL archives.Perhaps someone else can provide the direct link.

Best regards--Blueprofessor

Thumbs up WRAL link to Cameron celebration

hopefully duke will be able to string together like 12-13 championships in a row

How's this for full circle?

I was watching the video of J.J. breaking Dawkins' record, and at several times they cut to a shot of the Redick family sitting behind the Duke bench. I won't spoil the surprise, but, well, there's a visitor taking in this Duke milestone...