• Coke!

41 66.13%
  • Pepsi!

17 27.42%
  • What is this, 1985?

4 6.45%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke or Pepsi?

Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger...
    No fries, cheeps

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Neither. I am a Dr. Pepper/Pibb fan, which are, of course, owned by Pepsi and Coke respectively. I used to prefer Mr. Pibb. Like Coke is to Pepsi, it was lighter and fizzier. However, the geniuses at Coca-Cola did a survey in a little town in Texas somewhere, and those yokels preferred the new Pibb Extra formula, which is heavier and sweeter. Great, so a couple hundred Cleeti in the middle of nowhere have a sweet tooth, so I have to suffer forever. Thanks for that. Now, I have real trouble telling the difference, so I like them about equally now. I really don't like either Coke or Pepsi anymore. As a little kid, I liked Pepsi. As a teenager, I liked Coke better. Now, I've moved on.
    Actually, Dr. Pepper is an entity unto itself. It is often bottled by Pepsi bottlers, because they have no in-house alternative product, but the formula and trademarks are owned neither by Pepsi nor by Coke, so you're off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Neither. I am a Dr. Pepper/Pibb fan, which are, of course, owned by Pepsi and Coke respectively. I used to prefer Mr. Pibb. Like Coke is to Pepsi, it was lighter and fizzier. However, the geniuses at Coca-Cola did a survey in a little town in Texas somewhere, and those yokels preferred the new Pibb Extra formula, which is heavier and sweeter. Great, so a couple hundred Cleeti in the middle of nowhere have a sweet tooth, so I have to suffer forever. Thanks for that. Now, I have real trouble telling the difference, so I like them about equally now. I really don't like either Coke or Pepsi anymore. As a little kid, I liked Pepsi. As a teenager, I liked Coke better. Now, I've moved on.
    Dr Pepper has never been owned by Pepsi (although some Pepsi bottlers hold the right to bottle it in certain markets). It was formerly owned by Cadbury-Schweppes, and now is its own company trading under the ticker DPS.

Anyway, I thought my OP was rather unambiguous about leaving all third-party and pepper-related cola-based beverages out of this. I mean, geez, I guess I should have added choices for milk and water.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Dr Pepper has never been owned by Pepsi (although some Pepsi bottlers hold the right to bottle it in certain markets). It was formerly owned by Cadbury-Schweppes, and now is its own company trading under the ticker DPS.

Anyway, I thought my OP was rather unambiguous about leaving all third-party and pepper-related cola-based beverages out of this. I mean, geez, I guess I should have added choices for milk and water.
    Milk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Actually, Dr. Pepper is an entity unto itself. It is often bottled by Pepsi bottlers, because they have no in-house alternative product, but the formula and trademarks are owned neither by Pepsi nor by Coke, so you're off the hook.
    Speaking of Coca Cola, has there been a major hit on the Emory endowment? A bunch of the big private universities are reporting significant losses and are taking major steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Speaking of Coca Cola, has there been a major hit on the Emory endowment? A bunch of the big private universities are reporting significant losses and are taking major steps.
    Not that I know of. The main news I've heard with regard to the economic crisis is that several of the Directors of Graduate Studies are about to go to the Graduate School and ask them to expand the Dean's Teaching Fellowships and other such programs because so many people's job searches are going so poorly.

Hopefully by the time I get done, things will have at least begun to straighten themselves out. I know I'm very glad right now that all of my archives are the next state over.

Always Coca-Cola

Anybody else choose a fast food restaurant based on whether it served Coke or Pepsi products?

Not I, but I tend to restaurants that were once owned by PepsiCo.

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    Anybody else choose a fast food restaurant based on whether it served Coke or Pepsi products?
    Yep. I also annoy my wife and son by ordering Diet Coke at our favorite Mexican restaurant even though every time I do they say, "diet Pepsi ok?". I always ask for Diet Coke...sooner or later I will change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Inonehand View Post
    Yep. I also annoy my wife and son by ordering Diet Coke at our favorite Mexican restaurant even though every time I do they say, "diet Pepsi ok?". I always ask for Diet Coke...sooner or later I will change the world.
    See, whenever I get that question by way of response to my Coke order, I respond with a nasty look and a flat, "No. I'll just have sweet tea/water." I suppose you're a better man than I.

Diet Coke, with or without caffeine depending on time of day and the availability of Bud Light. Can't drink Diet Pepsi. Yuck.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Diet Coke, with or without caffeine depending on time of day and the availability of Bud Light. Can't drink Diet Pepsi. Yuck.
    Speaking of yuck, if I post the link to the Roy Williams Coke commercial, do I get an infraction point?

In all fairness, I guess Coke does sponsor Duke things too. Sort of reminds me of the companies that sponsor both the Republicans and the Democrats.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

devildeac and I have already had this discussion, but "No Coke, Pepsi". They may have later changed it around, but the first was best.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Pepsi, Born in the Carolinas! I hate that phrase...South Carolina had nothing to do with Pepsi, Born in NORTH CAROLINA!
    Sorta. But my great uncle lived in SC (Greenville) had his own cola, Tom's Cola. Eventually owned many Pepsi plants in SC. He invented the machine that put bottles in wooden cases.

So I'm a pepsi person.
    ~rthomas

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    See, whenever I get that question by way of response to my Coke order, I respond with a nasty look and a flat, "No. I'll just have sweet tea/water."
    They taste different from the bottle/can but, when dispensed from the fountain (is that what it is called?), they both taste exactly the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    Yep. And one reason I don't eat at McDonald's is because its ketchup isn't Heinz.

Water

Sounds like a good reason for another poll.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    They taste different from the bottle/can but, when dispensed from the fountain (is that what it is called?), they both taste exactly the same to me.
    Generally speaking, I agree that fountains are the same, but every once in a while, you come across that place that has their Coke mixed justexactlyright, and it really does taste better than everyone else's.

As for fountain Coke vs. fountain Pepsi, I wouldn't know. I have not ingested any Pepsi product within memory. I simply refuse to.

Yep. And one reason I don't eat at McDonald's is because its ketchup isn't Heinz.
    Thank you! Not using Heinz is a cardinal sin! Why there are even other ketchup companies competing anymore is beyond me.