41 66.13%
  • Pepsi!

17 27.42%
  • What is this, 1985?

4 6.45%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke or Pepsi?

Coke or Pepsi?

I feel like running a pointless poll today. Please leave all the various and sundry RC Colas, Dr Peppers, Cheerwines and other miscellaneous regional cola-based beverages out of this.

Coke. Duh.

Wink

We no longer live in Atlanta.

Pepsi.

Coke tastes much better when mixed with rum than Pepsi does. I don't drink Coke or Pepsi straight.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I feel like running a pointless poll today.
    EarlJam, is that you?

I took the Diet Pepsi challenge!

When I was in college I did take the Diet Pepsi challenge, and picked Diet Coke. Ever since then, I will not order Diet Pepsi.

Actually - Diet Coke with Lime

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Pepsi, Born in the Carolinas! I hate that phrase...South Carolina had nothing to do with Pepsi, Born in NORTH CAROLINA!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Pepsi, Born in the Carolinas! I hate that phrase...South Carolina had nothing to do with Pepsi, Born in NORTH CAROLINA!
    ILJ was born and raised in North Carolina, and has always recited that mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    When I was in college I did take the Diet Pepsi challenge, and picked Diet Coke. Ever since then, I will not order Diet Pepsi.
    The "Pepsi" challenges don't show you much anyways. Studies have shown that overwhelmingly people choose Pepsi in blind taste tests when they sip both drinks after one another because Pepsi is slightly sweeter. However, you don't take one sip of a drink and then never have it again. You drink a whole bottle. In whole-bottle tests, Coke wins with more people.

I feel insulted if anyone gives me a Pepsi when I asked for a Coke. They aren't similar and one can not be substituted for the other.

Pepsi = yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    The "Pepsi" challenges don't show you much anyways. Studies have shown that overwhelmingly people choose Pepsi in blind taste tests when they sip both drinks after one another because Pepsi is slightly sweeter. However, you don't take one sip of a drink and then never have it again. You drink a whole bottle. In whole-bottle tests, Coke wins with more people.
    I have always thought Pepsi was bland, not sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I have always thought Pepsi was bland, not sweeter.
    Pepsi is also flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Actually - Diet Coke with Lime
    Diet Coke w/ fresh limes is wonderful! Pepsi? Why bother.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Pepsi is also flatter.
    In all due respect, you ain't tasted flat until you try unrefrigerated Coke in the middle of a savannah town in northern Madagascar... when it's 98 degrees, in brilliant sun, while carrying a loaded backpack, and you have another 20 km to hike.

PLEASE NOTE: I had a similar experience in a Pepsi country, Laos.

Please note: when you're dehydrated, both taste great!!

Coke is not as sweet as Pepsi and has more fizz. If it's real cold, it will burn going down my throat. Pepsi is sweeter and doesn't have as much fizz, or seems to be a little flat. I prefer Coke but won't turn down a Pepsi if it's offered.
    Tom Mac

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    They aren't similar and one can not be substituted for the other.
    Exactly. Coke should never be substituted for Pepsi as Pepsi is a far superior product - especially when mixed with Gibson's Sterling (25 year old Canadian whisky).

To me, Coke is sweeter, flatter, and leaves a film in my mouth. Give me an ice-cold Pepsi Cola anyday! And whatever happened to Pepsi Vanilla? I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Exactly. Coke should never be substituted for Pepsi as Pepsi is a far superior product - especially when mixed with Gibson's Sterling (25 year old Canadian whisky).
    That's the only way Pepsi could possibly be superior to Coke, adding alcohol.

Neither. I am a Dr. Pepper/Pibb fan, which are, of course, owned by Pepsi and Coke respectively. I used to prefer Mr. Pibb. Like Coke is to Pepsi, it was lighter and fizzier. However, the geniuses at Coca-Cola did a survey in a little town in Texas somewhere, and those yokels preferred the new Pibb Extra formula, which is heavier and sweeter. Great, so a couple hundred Cleeti in the middle of nowhere have a sweet tooth, so I have to suffer forever. Thanks for that. Now, I have real trouble telling the difference, so I like them about equally now. I really don't like either Coke or Pepsi anymore. As a little kid, I liked Pepsi. As a teenager, I liked Coke better. Now, I've moved on.