Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    He said that they were finding two many fingers in the bbq when they used one knife.
    I'm sure you meant "too" many fingers in the bbq! Of course one is too many so if they found two that would be twice times too many.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm sure you meant "too" many fingers in the bbq! Of course one is too many so if they found two that would be twice times too many.

Two is definitely two too many!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Two is definitely two too many!

Crikey, How'd I do that? Please don't take my spork away.
    Last edited by Jarhead; 07-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Just kidding around

I just noticed something. This thread was started more than four years ago, by me. It is named Duke vs Kentucky, because it is about barbecue, and as such is granted the privilege of residing on the EK board. The history of this tradition goes back much further in time, maybe about the time of Laettner's shot. Changing it to Saucy would not be good.
    I think you know I was just pushing some buttons. I would NEVER want the name of this thread to change, or be off the EK thread. It has always been just way too classic.

And for those out there that did not already know, I can back up Jarhead on his statement of the Duke vs Kentucky thread being on the old board for a long, long time before this newer format existed. Although I did just notice that the Laettner shot even preceded Juliovision, so unless it started before DBR, that cannot be right. Is there anyone out there that knows if it came up somewhere before DBR and we got it from that, or is there a way to go back into some archives out there in the WWW to find out when it actually did first appear on DBR?

ricks

Clarification due here

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, and if you had defended Arizona a lot better in the Sweet Sixteen, I most likely would have joined you at Snow's and/or Kreuz Market AND delivered your Young Guns poster I am still storing in my hallway.

First of all, I am just a naturalized citizen of the Great Country of Texas, so there should be no "you" in regards to me defending Arizona. My dual citizenship with the US includes the state of NC where my alma mater is and my unwavering loyalty resides.

Second, since the Longhorns do not consider defense to be a part of the game, any reference to that aspect is inconsequential and, therefore, not on topic (as far as they are concerned).

Third, I am trying soooooooooooooooo hard to get that poster by driving in from Asheville while catching a game. It is just not working out. And, as you know, it's been 3 1/2 years now with no luck. I am stuck in the land of hard-pan (that's what we call fairways out here) while looking every single day for land to buy in Asheville. (Anyone out there know of any land for sale out in the 28804 zip code, please let me know.) That would make it so much easier to come in for games than flying in from Houston all the time.

Fourth, we can still hit Snow's and Kreuz the next time we make the FF in either Houston in '16 or Arlington in '14 (Dallas) or San Antonio. There is not much difference in their distance from any of the 3 cities.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    First of all, I am just a naturalized citizen of the Great Country of Texas, so there should be no "you" in regards to me defending Arizona. My dual citizenship with the US includes the state of NC where my alma mater is and my unwavering loyalty resides.

Second, since the Longhorns do not consider defense to be a part of the game, any reference to that aspect is inconsequential and, therefore, not on topic (as far as they are concerned).

Third, I am trying soooooooooooooooo hard to get that poster by driving in from Asheville while catching a game. It is just not working out. And, as you know, it's been 3 1/2 years now with no luck. I am stuck in the land of hard-pan (that's what we call fairways out here) while looking every single day for land to buy in Asheville. (Anyone out there know of any land for sale out in the 28804 zip code, please let me know.) That would make it so much easier to come in for games than flying in from Houston all the time.

Fourth, we can still hit Snow's and Kreuz the next time we make the FF in either Houston in '16 or Arlington in '14 (Dallas) or San Antonio. There is not much difference in their distance from any of the 3 cities.

ricks
    You know darned well we can't even begin to speculate who we will be recruiting, who our PG will be, which players will play how many minutes or how many Plumlees will still be around for any of those years, so I am not making any travel reservations. Yet. But, if/when we do, I will allow an extra day (or more!) to partake of an extra serving or three of the finest 'cue the state of Texas has to offer.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Know what's fun? When a Kentucky fan runs a simulated 7 game matchup between the 2010 teams and our guys come out on top.

I don't believe that 2009-10 UK was looking past Bob Huggins' team in that game, but there no doubt was some anticipation of the possible matchup between the two blue-bloods. It had been a long time, since 2001 in fact, since the Blue Devils and the Wildcats had met each other on the hardwood. It excited fans of both schools at the possibility, but nobody wanted to look past their instant opponents.
    In the end, it would be West Virgina who would face, and fall, to the Blue Devils, who went on to dodge a last-second rim-out by Gordon Hayward to win the 2010 NCAA Tournament championship. But what would have happened if UK had won versus the 'Eers? WhatIfSports will give us their version of how it all worked out, after the jump.
    http://www.aseaofblue.com/2011/7/13/...d-duke-2009-10
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Know what's fun? When a Kentucky fan runs a simulated 7 game matchup between the 2010 teams and our guys come out on top.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2011/7/13/...d-duke-2009-10
    HA! Wrong thread. This is the BBQ thread. You want the 2010 NC thread back on page 2 or 3.

Hey, wait a minute. Just to get you back on topic here, are you entering some North Carolina BBQ throw down some time in the very near future? Are you folks gonna call yourselves the Duke Two (or Three) True Blue Brew 'Cue Crew or something like that?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    HA! Wrong thread. This is the BBQ thread. You want the 2010 NC thread back on page 2 or 3.

Hey, wait a minute. Just to get you back on topic here, are you entering some North Carolina BBQ throw down some time in the very near future? Are you folks gonna call yourselves the Duke Two (or Three) True Blue Brew 'Cue Crew or something like that?
    Why yes we are! True Blue 'Que Crew...and I hope there is a team from Kentucky there just so I can show them how barbecue is supposed to be done.
    http://www.bbqthrowdown.net/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Man, we just finished dinner and I'm hungry again:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/07/2...ome-c/#4239642

Has anyone here ever eaten at that BBQ joint?

Man, we just finished dinner and I'm hungry again:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/07/2...ome-c/#4239642

Has anyone here ever eaten at that BBQ joint?
    Haven't been there, but it's funny you mentioned Ed Mitchell, and right after CB&B posted info on a Carolina BBQ throwdown.

Food channel earlier this evening had a re-run of a Bobby Flay throwdown vs...Ed Mitchell in Raleigh.
    They did grilled ribs (prepared with rub, smoked, and then grilled) with a side of baked beans.
    Ed Mitchell talked about his restaurant, an "up scale barbecue" place in Raleigh that seems to be doing well.

Hungry indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Haven't been there, but it's funny you mentioned Ed Mitchell, and right after CB&B posted info on a Carolina BBQ throwdown.

Food channel earlier this evening had a re-run of a Bobby Flay throwdown vs...Ed Mitchell in Raleigh.
    They did grilled ribs (prepared with rub, smoked, and then grilled) with a side of baked beans.
    Ed Mitchell talked about his restaurant, an "up scale barbecue" place in Raleigh that seems to be doing well.

Hungry indeed.
    I watched that 6 months ago or perhaps even longer. Bobby Flay marinated his ribs overnight or maybe even for 24 hours, IIRC. I think Ed Mitchell made fun of him for that as Ed just seasoned and grilled his ribs. He was the grill master for The Pit for several years. He left the restaurant a couple months ago and was talking about opening another BBQ joint in the area soon. The owner of The Pit, Greg Hatem, has several themed restaurants in Raleigh and may be planning to open a second BBQ joint in Derm soon, too.

Even hungrier now.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Hungry indeed.
    Went to the pit last year b/c we heard it was supposed to be great. Have to say, was not impressed. I won't hold it against them that it is "upscale" barbecue. But the food just didn't live up to the rep. I've been most everywhere in the area, and for me, nothing yet stands up to Backyard BBQ Pit #1. Unless you are within reasonable driving distance of Lexington BBQ - to which nothing else compares. Man, I'm hungry for some 'cue!

Bobby Flay marinated his ribs overnight or maybe even for 24 hours, IIRC. I think Ed Mitchell made fun of him for that as Ed just seasoned and grilled his ribs.
    In KCBS contests (like the Throwdown) we have to show our ribs, pork, chicken, and brisket to the judges still in it's packaging. Once they look at it (about 24 hours before turn in) we can do whatever we want to it. No marinades for me on the ribs, but I'll be injecting my pork before it goes on the grill. I'll inject it right before it goes on though, and expect about a 12 hour cook. The ribs only need a couple hours, and will only have a rub on them, with a glaze of sauce about 15 minutes before I pull them.
    Damn, I'm hungry now.

I need Help!

I am moving to Cedar City, Utah this summer! (from Richmond, VA) Are there any Utahns (?) on these boards? But most importantly, anybody know if there is any good Bar-B-Q out that way?????

PLEASE HELP!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I am moving to Cedar City, Utah this summer! (from Richmond, VA) Are there any Utahns (?) on these boards? But most importantly, anybody know if there is any good Bar-B-Q out that way?????

PLEASE HELP!
    I haven't been in Cedar City for several years but I did eat at Sonny Boy's and the BBQ was OK. Not NC style, but OK.

The town is in beautiful country.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post

PLEASE HELP!
    Stock up on Bill's limeades before you go!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

It's not in Utah but we discovered this joint a few weeks ago while house hunting in chappaheeya:

http://www.thepigrestaurant.com/

the menu:

http://www.thepigrestaurant.com/menu.html

We had the whole hog combo along with various sides including fries (a generous plenty of skin on fries), "pups," baked beans (with pork, onions and peppers), mac & cheese (awesome) and slaw & pickles. All the sandwiches came with lightly pickled cukes. We'll be back.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

It's not in Utah but we discovered this joint a few weeks ago while house hunting in chappaheeya:

http://www.thepigrestaurant.com/

the menu:

http://www.thepigrestaurant.com/menu.html

We had the whole hog combo along with various sides including fries (a generous plenty of skin on fries), "pups," baked beans (with pork, onions and peppers), mac & cheese (awesome) and slaw & pickles. All the sandwiches came with lightly pickled cukes. We'll be back.
    Here I sit just browsing the EK Forum and I notice a new Duke vs Kentucky thread. What a surprise to find out that I started the thread way back when we were using pony express to submit our posts. DD, I like the prices on some of the items, and the kraut for the hot dogs would attract me to visit. It doesn't say whether the pork 'cue is chopped or pulled. Pulled is the easy way. It takes some risk in the kitchen to chop the pork. Safety rules require them to use two big knives, chopping the pork in rhythm, left hand, right hand, and so on.

We have a Texas Road house down here that actually has NC style bbq pork on their menu, and it was pretty good. I had to tell the waitress that they should have some cole slaw available for the sandwiches. Next time, there it was, and the pork is a lot more than passable. As Gomer Pyle says, "Surprise! Surprise!"

What are you doing looking at houses in Crapple Hill?

Here I sit just browsing the EK Forum and I notice a new Duke vs Kentucky thread. What a surprise to find out that I started the thread way back when we were using pony express to submit our posts. DD, I like the prices on some of the items, and the kraut for the hot dogs would attract me to visit. It doesn't say whether the pork 'cue is chopped or pulled. Pulled is the easy way. It takes some risk in the kitchen to chop the pork. Safety rules require them to use two big knives, chopping the pork in rhythm, left hand, right hand, and so on.

We have a Texas Road house down here that actually has NC style bbq pork on their menu, and it was pretty good. I had to tell the waitress that they should have some cole slaw available for the sandwiches. Next time, there it was, and the pork is a lot more than passable. As Gomer Pyle says, "Surprise! Surprise!"

What are you doing looking at houses in Crapple Hill?
    1. Chopped, though it was fairly coarse, IIRC. Mrs. DD verified this.
    2. Moving our (cheerleader)daughter and her husband (DukeDiv2011/2012/2013) there in late July.
    3. You look like you could use some sporks to eat your 'cue. (But of course, I'm not allowed to provide you any utensils at this time.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.