Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so much for FSU's stifling defense

carolina has dropped 40 on them and there is still a minute left in the first half. Carolina looks very good...
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    carolina has dropped 40 on them and there is still a minute left in the first half. Carolina looks very good...
    FSU is not a good road team. But Carolina is looking good and will by far be the best team Duke has faced in a long time.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    FSU is not a good road team. But Carolina is looking good and will by far be the best team Duke has faced in a long time.
    We need to play for 40 minutes against them like we did for the first 18 minutes against NC State.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We need to play for 40 minutes against them like we did for the first 18 minutes against NC State.
    No question. This game needs to be an all out war. Carolina has nothing to lose and everything to gain here.

In terms of winning the ACC regular season, the Duke-UNC game is actually bigger for us than them. We would still have 3 tough road games, while they would only have one. Of course, the imbalanced schedules have made the regular season title lose a lot of its significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    In terms of winning the ACC regular season, the Duke-UNC game is actually bigger for us than them. We would still have 3 tough road games, while they would only have one. Of course, the imbalanced schedules have made the regular season title lose a lot of its significance.
    If they win the regular season, it's significant. If anyone else, does, not so much. Remember how much they don't like the ACCT, too. Unless, of course, they win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Carolina IS very good. It'll be quite a battle on Wednesday. Kendall Marshall is excellent, and doesn't appear to be the kind of player that will be intimidated by Cameron. Really looking forward to the game, should be an excellent test for both teams.

UNC is, and has been, looking very good lately. We have to play very tough. I believe that defense will determine the winner on Wednesday. If we can get our big men to hang in there whie keeping away from foul trouble, we should win. Time for Ryan to return to what he has been doing up until the last few games.

ricks

Kerlina has dismantled FSU in the second half. Kendall Marshall is really playing like a seasoned point guard. This team has long forgotten about Larry WithDrew II....who?

Our coaches and boys best watch alot of tape from this game!!!! As we lost to FSU on the road.

And as always,
    Go Duke
    GTHC

Kendall is one and done. He's outta here.

Supa "They need to show me more than a home win against a team known for not being able to score" Dave

Marshall does look very good and seems very adept at getting his bigs the ball in a place where they can succeed. He also looks good at the drive and dish - something we haven't really been great at stopping this year.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

OK, I'm officially worried now. I hope they let this recent run of good play go to their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Kendall is one and done. He's outta here.

Supa "They need to show me more than a home win against a team known for not being able to score" Dave
    Regardless if UNC wins in Durham on Wednesday night, if you are not impressed with how this team has turned it around, you are fooling yourself. FSU may not be a team known to score a lot, but they are a team that is known to not let a team score a lot. UNC just dropped 89 on them. Sure, its at home, but its still impressive. I would say this win is more impressive than Duke's game yesterday. That's our 3rd 20 pt win in a row. I am really proud of the way they handled Drew's quitting.

I tried. I tried to tell you how good Marshall is depsite his athletic limitation. Sure, I'd rather have Kyrie for a year or two, followed by Austin for a year or two, but Marshall is going to be a very annoying four year player.

Still, the game is in our house, and we have a huge advantage in experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    I tried. I tried to tell you how good Marshall is depsite his athletic limitation. Sure, I'd rather have Kyrie for a year or two, followed by Austin for a year or two, but Marshall is going to be a very annoying four year player.

Still, the game is in our house, and we have a huge advantage in experience.
    I agree, your experience and home court advantage will probably intimidate the young heels quite a bit. If UNC can stay close in the first 10 minutes of both halves, then it maybe a game.

I think if Marshall was on Duke's team, Duke would win the NCAA's. He is what Duke needs right now, a real PG. If Nolan Smith was on UNC, UNC would be a favorite to win it all.

According to the box score on ESPN, Marshall played 36 minutes. No idea if that is accurate (it is often not), but I thought that was against Roy's code. If UNC could get one or two more of the dead weight players to transfer, they might make it down to a productive rotation!

No one is more amped up for this game than Kyle Singler.

I anticipate a legend-worthy performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    No one is more amped up for this game than Kyle Singler.

I anticipate a legend-worthy performance.
    YES! This is going to be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    I think if Marshall was on Duke's team, Duke would win the NCAA's. He is what Duke needs right now, a real PG. If Nolan Smith was on UNC, UNC would be a favorite to win it all.
    Too bad we can't play you guys at full strength. It's a very even match up without Kyrie, but I would love to watch him abuse Marshall.