View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 60-56 win over Virginia Tech in the quarterfi

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Thornton

44 54.32%
  • Austin Rivers

18 22.22%
  • Seth Curry

3 3.70%
  • Mason Plumlee

10 12.35%
  • Miles Plumlee

1 1.23%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

5 6.17%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (ACCT Quarterfinals - Mar 9, 2012)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 60-56 win over Virginia Tech in the quarterfinal round of the ACC Tournament?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I thought it could have gone to AR as well, as he was completely in control and didn't force anything (well maybe the odd 27 footer), but I voted for Mason and his double double game. Also impressed to see that although Seth didn't have an explosive scoring game, he did manage 6 boards, 5 assists to go with 9 points. Not bad in a low scoring slug it out affair.

Couldn't decide between Austin and Mike G.

It's not always about skill and ability, that's why Mr. Heart and Desire, Tyler Thornton got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Couldn't decide between Austin and Mike G.
    Hoping somebody would notice that!

Not sure you could vote anyone but Tyler this game!!

Tyler Thornton for his desire and never give up attitude. Those plays where he followed up the misses on the fast break were key. Then he made a 3 at the end that sort of sealed our win. GoDuke!

Tyler.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    It's not always about skill and ability, that's why Mr. Heart and Desire, Tyler Thornton got my vote.
    Mine as well. He had a really good game defensively, and hit just enough 3's to hurt Tech. He just finds a way to disrupt on defense. Also, his on ball defense has improved a lot over the course of the year. He gave Green fits again tonight.

Tyler Thornton, in part for the game he played on both offense and defense, and in part for the inspiration he provides for the other guys to play hard.

Hmmm...

Tough call. TT for his D on Green and making more 3s than the rest of his team (). Or, Mason for his double-double and 3 blocks. Or Austin for his leadership. Or Seth for his 6 boards, 5 A and only 2 TO. Or the guards for their/there/they're 18 boards. Where is that multiple vote option?

I'll go with Mason for staying out of foul trouble and another nice FT performance.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I loved Tyler's grit and determination throughout the game. I loathed him shooting SOOOOO many threes. I voted for Josh because I like his attitude. GTHFSU

Quote Originally Posted by magjayran View Post
    I loathed him shooting SOOOOO many threes.
    I voted for Tyler Thornton. As far as all the 3s, I believe TT did exactly what the coaches told him to. VT was not guarding him so he was wide open in the corner. In a low scoring affair, every point counts, and TT burnt VT's strategy of not guarding him by making three 3-pointers.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I voted for Tyler Thornton. As far as all the 3s, I believe TT did exactly what the coaches told him to. VT was not guarding him so he was wide open in the corner. In a low scoring affair, every point counts, and TT burnt VT's strategy of not guarding him by making three 3-pointers.
    He hit three and missed ten. Several of those misses were late in the shot clock prayers that I won't fault him for. But more were not and a couple were late in the game when we needed to look for a better shot. I don't want to be down on Tyler because he might be my favorite player on a lot of nights. That crazy steal from behind after the Austin turnover was great and the put back lay-ups in the first were great too. I just don't ever want to see him take 13 threes ever again no matter how open he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    mine too !!!....he showed what a true duke effort looks like last night.....