Tyree Watkins dismissed from Duke footbal team

From Duke press release

"Duke University head football coach David Cutcliffe announced on Wednesday the dismissal of junior Tyree Watkins from the team for conduct unbecoming of a member of the program.

Watkins, a reserve wide receiver from Camden, N.J., played in 28 games over the past three seasons and totaled 24 career pass receptions for 152 yards."

With the exception of Vernon, Duke is very, very young at the WR spots.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    From Duke press release

"Duke University head football coach David Cutcliffe announced on Wednesday the dismissal of junior Tyree Watkins from the team for conduct unbecoming of a member of the program.

Watkins, a reserve wide receiver from Camden, N.J., played in 28 games over the past three seasons and totaled 24 career pass receptions for 152 yards."

With the exception of Vernon, Duke is very, very young at the WR spots.
    Not a huge loss from the depth perspective but I hate to see this happen to a kid. Hope he gets it together.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Wide Receiver Booted off team

Luckily it's not Conner Vernon. Goodbye Tyree.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...om-blue-devils
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Luckily it's not Conner Vernon. Goodbye Tyree.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...om-blue-devils
    You could kick one of Conner's legs and arms off the team and he'd still likely be an All-ACC receiver.

Sorry for Tyree. Best of luck in the future.

Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ugh...this does not sound good.
    DURHAM — Duke wide receiver Tyree Watkins was kicked off the football team Wednesday, three days after a woman he was in a relationship with claims he violently attacked her.

The 20-year-old Watkins, a junior from Camden, N.J., faces a charge of assault on a female and is free on $500 bond.

According to the arrest report, Watkins and the woman had an altercation on Morgan Street on Sunday. The unidentified woman told police Watkins pulled her out of a car, grabbed her by her neck and choked her, causing her to hit her head against a wall.
    http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_s...m-after-arrest

I'd bet that Cutcliffe had a face to face with Watkins before issuing the dismissal, instead of taking the report on face value.
    I hate reading stories like this involving Duke athletes. Or anyone, for that matter.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd bet that Cutcliffe had a face to face with Watkins before issuing the dismissal, instead of taking the report on face value.
    I would expect so. We all know of certain Duke athletes who were falsely accused before.