Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

Bump. The Squad + G. Hill + Cameron = Awesome Pic.

Edit: We're missing our RoboSingler, half man, half machine, and 100% Duke.
    I saw this pic yesterday and I couldn't figure out who the kid in the back row between the Plumlees was. It isn't Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I saw this pic yesterday and I couldn't figure out who the kid in the back row between the Plumlees was. It isn't Casey.
    It has been suggested that it may be David Mayer, a freshman out of Durham Riverside. Not on the roster, though.

Looks like Seth has been practicing his levitation skills

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Looks like Seth has been practicing his levitation skills
    That ain't Seth's doing...that's Andre's telekinesis. You can tell he's thinking hard.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That ain't Seth's doing...that's Andre's telekinesis. You can tell he's thinking hard.
    In hindsight...we might need to credit Andre with a telekinetic block on Hayward.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    This looks like a bunch of guys who are READY TO ROCK !!!
    Kick in KYLE -- and you know what? -- we may HAVE SOMETHING HERE !!! I cannot WAIT !! GO DUKE !!!
    Kyle was trade to Phoenix for some NBA player. Straight-up trade, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Kyle was trade to Phoenix for some NBA player. Straight-up trade, I understand.
    That player from Phoenix looks like he could fit in quite nicely at Duke. I will miss Kyle, but I think he will also do fine in Phoenix.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Great pic -- standing next to G and Mason -- I now have a better understanding of just how big Kelly is!

I had on my long sleeve teeshirt that I got in Indy today. It has all the 64 teams on the back, with their logo. And on the front 2010 Final Four Indianapolis and Mens Final Four with the 4 logos in each quadrant. I was out and about running errands, and had on a Duke Football cap. Had alot of comments from people, asking "Where did you buy that shirt?"

I replied: "In Indianapolis at the Final Four." I have been smiling since that Easter Monday with the 4th National Championship.

And when some snotty nose Tar Heel makes a comment, I remind them that UNC stands for UNIVERSITY OF NON COMPLIANCE. And that UNC, was in the NIT... meaning NOT IN the TOURNAMENT. And they go silent. And Will Graves was let go, because he couldnt cut the grades.

GO DUKE!! I will miss Zoubs this year. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1991:

1992:

2001:

In an attempt to move the discussion in the Austin Rivers thread back to this thread and a quick look at the videos above should remind us that there are always points in any championship run where fate takes a hand in the proceedings. In 1991 it was Duke beating UNLV and the fact that Larry Johnson had the ball at the end of the game rather than the UNLV guards. In 1992 it was Rick Pitino not covering Grant Hill at the end of the Regional Finals. In 2001 it was Duke coming back against Md. In 2010 it was the shot at the end of the game.

However, what everyone loses sight of in all of these championship runs are the numerous other plays that put the team in a position to win. A missed shot or poor defensive play earlier on and Duke is not in the position to win. These plays are just as important as what happens in the last seconds of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    In an attempt to move the discussion in the Austin Rivers thread back to this thread and a quick look at the videos above should remind us that there are always points in any championship run where fate takes a hand in the proceedings. In 1991 it was Duke beating UNLV and the fact that Larry Johnson had the ball at the end of the game rather than the UNLV guards. In 1992 it was Rick Pitino not covering Grant Hill at the end of the Regional Finals. In 2001 it was Duke coming back against Md. In 2010 it was the shot at the end of the game.
    Clearly Hayward's shot has been talked about a lot, but I think of the moment in 2010 as Lance's putback dunk against Baylor.

Hayward's shot would have been the "fate" moment if it went in, but it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post

However, what everyone loses sight of in all of these championship runs are the numerous other plays that put the team in a position to win. A missed shot or poor defensive play earlier on and Duke is not in the position to win. These plays are just as important as what happens in the last seconds of the game.
    I'm pretty sure Pitino didn't have any eligibility left so he couldn't cover Grant Hill.

Rarely seen footage of before and after the title game (notice what the cameraman is saying before Zoubs shhots the final free throw.)

http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2010/10/...-rare-footage/

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Clearly Hayward's shot has been talked about a lot, but I think of the moment in 2010 as Lance's putback dunk against Baylor.

Hayward's shot would have been the "fate" moment if it went in, but it didn't.
    I know the half-court shot is what everyone talks about, but I still think the most threatening moment of the game was actually the shot before, the fade-away Hayward put up over Zoubek. I thought it was a swish the whole way, but I guess Zoubs altered it just enough to send it clanging off the rim.

Defense wins games. That's why Zoubek's step-in on that shot is my "fate moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    I know the half-court shot is what everyone talks about, but I still think the most threatening moment of the game was actually the shot before, the fade-away Hayward put up over Zoubek. I thought it was a swish the whole way, but I guess Zoubs altered it just enough to send it clanging off the rim.

Defense wins games. That's why Zoubek's step-in on that shot is my "fate moment."
    I certainly think that the second to last play was the most important, but it wasn't "fate." That was great defense, first by Kyle to keep the ball in front and then by Zoubs to alter the shot. If the second to last shot dropped, that would have been a great play as well, but only the last one would have been fate or destiny had it gone in.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I certainly think that the second to last play was the most important, but it wasn't "fate." That was great defense, first by Kyle to keep the ball in front and then by Zoubs to alter the shot. If the second to last shot dropped, that would have been a great play as well, but only the last one would have been fate or destiny had it gone in.
    If that last shot had dropped, CBS would have replaced Christian's shot as the prime highlight. We'd have to see it every year until someone else hit such an awesome shot.

I'm glad we get to keep seeing UK go down, year after year.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    If that last shot had dropped, CBS would have replaced Christian's shot as the prime highlight. We'd have to see it every year until someone else hit such an awesome shot.

-jk
    Good point, I didn't think about it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    To me, the biggest "fate" play that we had over the course of the tournament was the bang-bang call on Zoubs not getting his 5th foul when Acy charged into him. My recollection is the score was something like 56-54 Baylor, with about 5 minutes to go. While Zoubs did, of course, eventually foul out, I think that losing him on what would have been a 3 point play, putting us down by 5 with under 5 to go, and giving Baylor a huge momentum boost, may have been too much to come back from.

I believe the absence of Singler has to do with resting and rehabbing his knee. I sure hope he is good to go soon.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."