Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kentucky is so lucky. They got here without having to go through Lehigh. Seriously though this could be the best college basketball team I have ever seen. Kansas should of had a girl infiltrate Ky ranks and shave Davis' unibrow. Like Samson he would have lost all his strength. Someone send Self some Crypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Kentucky is so lucky. They got here without having to go through Lehigh. Seriously though this could be the best college basketball team I have ever seen. Kansas should of had a girl infiltrate Ky ranks and shave Davis' unibrow. Like Samson he would have lost all his strength. Someone send Self some Crypton.
    I still would like to have seen duke play Kentucky, but man we would have been crushed.

My dream would have been a rematch of Ky and roy's little boys. Ky would have won by thirty IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    I think you severely overrate UK. UNC was a fingertip away from beating UK in Lexington so I think a rematch with a healthy UNC would have been pretty close not that I'll complain too much. Additionally, Florida in 2007, North Carolina in 2009 or Duke in 2001 would easily give this team a run for its money. Those teams had very similar NBA talent along with plenty of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I think you severely overrate UK. UNC was a fingertip away from beating UK in Lexington so I think a rematch with a healthy UNC would have been pretty close not that I'll complain too much. Additionally, Florida in 2007, North Carolina in 2009 or Duke in 2001 would easily give this team a run for its money. Those teams had very similar NBA talent along with plenty of experience.
    I'd add that the UNLV teams of 91-92 were better, too.

And I'd say that some of Duke's national championship teams were on par.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

There is an old saying in bball. Hard to beat a team shooting 60 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

And a few more teams as well...

Kentucky is clearly the best team this year, but they do not stand out compared to other national champions.

This squad is just ridiculous. They are up by 14, should be up more, and the national player of the year is yet to score.

I don't think this ranks as one of the best teams of all time though. 09 Heels would have trashed this team.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    And a few more teams as well...

Kentucky is clearly the best team this year, but they do not stand out compared to other national champions.
    Yes, my list was hardly exhaustive. Kentucky is the most complete team but people are blinded by the NBA potential and the fact they have two guys who will go top 5 whereas a team with seniors with less upside but more strength and experience could easily compete.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Yes, my list was hardly exhaustive. Kentucky is the most complete team but people are blinded by the NBA potential and the fact they have two guys who will go top 5 whereas a team with seniors with less upside but more strength and experience could easily compete.
    Plus a lot of better teams have had great players with 3-4 years of college experience. Men against boys.

Withey with the thunder-dumb.

Just too dumb.

Edit: And a couple minutes later, Robinson with another missed thunder-dumb. Go the hell, ESPN. Or something.
    Last edited by gumbomoop; 04-02-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Bazz to Kentucky, Calipari to the Knicks. I'll take that trade. Get that slimy son of a gun out of the game.

I think what I would like more than anything right now, since Kentucky is looking like they're gonna run away with this game, is for them to go ahead and win... and then have it vacated by the NCAA. Only a matter of time, right?

It seems like Kansas only plays well when down by double digits... all tournament long they've started out slow and then come back from deficits.

I doubt they'll have enough to do it against UK, but I expect this game to be within 7 points by the end.

If nothing else, Kentucky fans tonight have to endure that ups commercial of The Shot.

So... apparently Dorom Lamb can shoot in a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    If nothing else, Kentucky fans tonight have to endure that ups commercial of The Shot.
    Game over. KU does not have enough

Withey with yet another missed thunder-dumb. Even when your team is playing for the NC, and desperately needing comeback points, style-points triumph actual points. Dumber than dirt.

Well at least well find out tomorrow shabazz muhammad commits to kentucky. so we can all move on

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    At the end of the day, Kansas just does not have enough shooters. If they had 2 or 3 guys that could fill it up from deep, this would be a game.

People can talk all they want about offense, and Calimari's coaching, but this Kentucky team is a dominant defensive team. They defend the perimeter and the interior. Kansas is a great defensive team as well, they just lack shooters to open space for T-Rob.

I think Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis are getting an early taste of what life will be like for them in the NBA when everyone is as tall and strong as you are.

Jones can't handle Robinson and Davis is struggling to score against Withey.