Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Whew! I had a bad feeling that last Green three would go in.

Now let's get a W against Maryland!

Revenge for the stolen win in Tallahassee... now let's hope Duke gets the chance to beat em!

anyone know if scoring record carries over into NCAA tourney?

now its our turn

GO DUKE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    anyone know if scoring record carries over into NCAA tourney?

now its our turn

GO DUKE!!!!!
    Yes, it does. He'll set it against the little sisters of the poor in a few days.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Yes, it does. He'll set it against the little sisters of the poor in a few days.
    Well, unless he tears an ACL early in the NCAA tournament...

Geez, these announcers are a trip. Yesterday, the heels win and they're so good, yada, yada, yada. Today they lose and they miss Lawson.

Someone needs to remind these clowns you can't have it both ways. Either they are a very deep team and can compensate for Lawson not being there or they aren't a very deep team and can't compensate for the loss of Lawson.

Good win for the 'Noles. We've got some work to do against the Terps, but I'd rather play FSU in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Geez, these announcers are a trip. Yesterday, the heels win and they're so good, yada, yada, yada. Today they lose and they miss Lawson.

Someone needs to remind these clowns you can't have it both ways. Either they are a very deep team and can compensate for Lawson not being there or they aren't a very deep team and can't compensate for the loss of Lawson.
    Im surprised Tywon didn't make some miraculous comeback: hobbling onto the floor with one foot, a bloody sock while hitting threes, driving, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not cool. We shouldn't wish injury on anybody, even the Rob Thomas of college basketball.

Now, had you said, "Well, unless he fouls out or is ejected in the first few minutes of a first-round loss..."

NO!

I cannot stand TH, but after tearing my ACL and going through the rehab afterwards... I would never wish that upon my worst enemy!

Hansbrough is a tough worker and he is a great player. He gets too many calls and travels a lot, but like JJ, you have to admire his ability to score points.

That being said, I hope they lose to the ladies of the poor this week!

I was hoping Carolina would win. I think we might could beat them without Lawson.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post

What's funny is, it took a collapse by VT and a blown jump ball call to win, yet that makes them a good, deep team?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Not cool. We shouldn't wish injury on anybody, even the Rob Thomas of college basketball.

Now, had you said, "Well, unless he fouls out or is ejected in the first few minutes of a first-round loss..."
    What if he forgets his gym shoes and has to play in his socks? Nah, that probably wouldn't make any difference.

As bad as I

Dislike hanstravel I would not want to see any player go down with an injury. No not a player from unc, md, u-conn or even uk. It's just a game. Go Duke!

Question belly flop

Has Tyler Flopbro gotten worse about flopping on every contact, or was I just slow to pick it up in his first couple of years?

And has he *ever* been T-ed up for flopping? Even his agents at ESPN were calling him out for it today.

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    What if he forgets his gym shoes and has to play in his socks? Nah, that probably wouldn't make any difference.
    It would, actually. His flops would be legitimate.

After reading through all the post, it was surprising to see no-one really point out how well FSU played in the second half.
    They hit some big, tough shots time and again, and were active and played big in the post. Their defense was tough too.

I hate a UNC loss as much as you guys love it, but I can live with this one.
    UNC started a back up point guard, played two freshmen significant minutes, and suffered through a shooting slump from Green, one of the best team shooters.
    And still had a chance to win it...

The credit for this game should go to how well FSU played.

Good luck against MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    After reading through all the post, it was surprising to see no-one really point out how well FSU played in the second half.
    They hit some big, tough shots time and again, and were active and played big in the post. Their defense was tough too.

I hate a UNC loss as much as you guys love it, but I can live with this one.
    UNC started a back up point guard, played two freshmen significant minutes, and suffered through a shooting slump from Green, one of the best team shooters.
    And still had a chance to win it...

The credit for this game should go to how well FSU played.

Good luck against MD.
    I think it helps that UNC could find no real continuity on offense due to Ty being out. I don't think FSU played THAT great, other than hitting wide open 3s. This loss wasn't unexpected - UNC didn't need to win the tourny, so they elected to rest Ty instead.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    It would, actually. His flops would be legitimate.
    Legitimately flops?

Quote Originally Posted by tele View Post
    Legitimately flops?
    Yeah, falls because he slipped on the floor in his socks, not because he's trying to get an opponent called for a foul.

The word "flop" doesn't have to be an intentional act.