Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bigger than sports!

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything turns out well for you Coach Williams. God bless you and your family.

Best wishes, Roy. Get well soon.

Upon reflection, it's not been Carolina blue skies for the Chapel Hill faithful over the last year or two.
    Butch Davis, the AFAM scandal, outside investigations, chancellor steps down, now Ole Roy with some medical issues...it's been a tough stretch.

Hate to see it all...I'd rather beat them at full strength on the field and in the classroom.

Speedy Recovery

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Roy. Let us all pray that it is taken care of and you get back to your old rascally self.

Because we're Duke fans, we take an opposing coach at his word and not suggest that his health problems have an underlying, basketball-related motivation. Get well soon. Upon your recovery, we'll chip in on a case of Coca-Cola, provided you can still drink it.

See? We can be better people, wish Roy Williams well, and make Carolina fans feel pathetic and small for their past skepticisms, all at the same time.

Get well soon, Coach, and here's hoping this is not cancer and that you're quick to the road of recovery.

I might propose we send letters to the UNC basketball office with our support, if anyone happens to have that address.

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Get well soon, Coach, and here's hoping this is not cancer and that you're quick to the road of recovery.

I might propose we send letters to the UNC basketball office with our support, if anyone happens to have that address.
    I think that's a good idea--and making clear we're Duke fans who wish him the a full and quick recovery.

You are in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery, Coach.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he recovers quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

Roy Williams
    UNC Dept of Athletics
    666 Hades Boulevard
    (Chapel) Hell, NC

In complete seriousness now, I pray this is a benign process and that he's back squatting and/or flailing on the sidelines next month. Recover quickly, Coach.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Roy Williams
    UNC Dept of Athletics
    666 Hades Boulevard
    (Chapel) Hell, NC ...
    I think the official title is the depatment of athletics and african-american studies.

They at least share an office.

Prays for a speedy and full recovery. Get well soon!

Very sorry to read this news. I pray for the best for him. As much as we root against and rant and rail about him, he is a good man doing good things for young men and his University. May his recovery be swift and complete.

Yes, Roy, get well.

Good

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Dadgummit Roy...get well soon.
    Very well stated...bet Ole Roy would get a chuckle from this.

Prayers for a complete healing Coach.

Get well, Roy. And keep your spirits up. Word of advice -- stay busy. -- sagegrouse

Will hope the reference to the surgery having been minimally invasive and the surgeon's optimistic prognosis are very good signs. Best wishes to Coach Williams.

I almost never delete posts or issue infractions. But I have just done so. I want to urge everyone to treat this situation with the sensitivity Coach Williams--or any human being in his situation--or any human being, period--deserves.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything turns out well for you Coach Williams. God bless you and your family.
    Well said. Hang in there, Coach Williams.

Just queued up the Jimmy V speech. It is as awe-inspiring as ever, but man, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

Let's hope Coach Williams comes back healthy and able to coach for a long time to come.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...39--ncaab.html

"When Roy Williams returned to his home state almost a decade ago to become North Carolina's next basketball coach, one of the first places he visited on campus was the Lineberger Cancer Center.

Williams lost his mother to cardiac arrest while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer in 1992 and his father to cancer and emphysema in 2004. He previously worked closely with the American Cancer Society and Coaches vs. Cancer while coaching at Kansas, but he wanted to fight the disease on a more local level now that he was back in North Carolina.

Out of those initial brainstorming sessions Williams had with officials at UNC Lineberger came the idea for the coach to host an annual breakfast and auction to raise money for cancer research, prevention and awareness in the state. Williams' "Fast Break Against Cancer" has since generated $1.2 million entering its eighth edition on Oct. 12.

"It's refreshing that someone who has so much on his plate takes the time to do this and takes it as seriously as he does," said Debbie Dibbert, director of external affairs at UNC Lineberger. "He's very much personally involved in it, he takes it very seriously and it has been very successful for us."

Vibes and Prayers to Roy for a speedy and full recovery from his surgery, and the best on his upcoming (other) kidney surgery. May his wife, Wanda be given strength as he recovers and faces the next procedure.

Look forward to seeing Ole' Roy on the court, so we can all yell at him.

Bless his heart! Get well soon, Roy!