Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The official "It's My Fault" thread

Sorry guys, that loss is on me, I admit it.

I turned off the Michigan game when we were up 15, thinking it was over. Of course, we barely escaped that one getting beat up over the past couple of minutes, but I didn't think about it.

I turned the game off at halftime to go to bed, thinking there was a good chance of winning.

So yeah, my bad.

My fault as well. Listening on the radio to the Michigan game, I picked it up when we were up four. By the time I got home, we were up 15. I watched TV, lead down to one, so I turned the TV off and listened to the win on the radio.

Yesterday, I missed the first half. Turned the TV on at halftime, we were up six, and it was all downhill from there.

So I take partial responsibility. Actually, I blame the TV.

Hi, my name is Derrick Williams. Last night, I hung a 32-13 on you while shooting 5-6 from 3 and 65% from the field overall. Once I was dominating your psyche, my teammates woke up and started doing the same. I'm sorry for that.

i made the critical mistake of folding my laundry (which had been sitting on my bed for three days) at halftime. please accept my apologies.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    It's all you guys fault! I tried everything. I changed positions. I got up. I sat down. I changed my shirt. -Tried not watching for a little bit. -Listened from another room. Man, I was giving it my all. Come on people - FOCUS! Let's not have this happen again m'kay?! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Hi, my name is Derrick Williams. Last night, I hung a 32-13 on you while shooting 5-6 from 3 and 65% from the field overall. Once I was dominating your psyche, my teammates woke up and started doing the same. I'm sorry for that.
    What he said x's 10!

I did not watch the game at home. I should have refused the invitation for dinner and wine at my sister's and watched it at home alone. Silly me! I'm sure that made all the difference in the world.

I'm still so proud of the team. What a wonderful group of young men.

I also take some blame. I went to the game in Anaheim instead of watching at home like I always do. First time seeing Duke in person and what a terrible first game to watch.

With that said - great group of guys who set a high standard for our future players. Not too many players like kyle and nolan come around so I'm glad i got to see them once. Also watching Kyrie in person was great...I'm hoping he gives me another chance to see him next year wearing a duke jersey.

No Woodford

Everytime I drink some Woodford Reserve in the 2nd half Duke wins. Not only did I not have my drink I made the error of not having any in the house. So please accept my apology for letting the team and all the fans down.

My wife bought me a Duke basketball shirt for my birthday last year. I wore it for the championship game of last year's ACC tournament, every game we played in last year's NCAA tournament, every game we played in this year's ACC tournament, and the three games we played in this year's NCAA tournament. It finally gave out. It had a hell of a run.

This is entirely Coach K's fault. He NEVER does half time interviews with the TV people. Ever. First time he does and BAM!

My brother says it's his fault. He doesn't watch Duke often because he's not a huge basketball fan. In fact he's only watched them a total of 4 games this year... Fl St, St. John's, at UNC and last night's second half. I told him he's never allowed to watch Duke again.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    This is entirely Coach K's fault. He NEVER does half time interviews with the TV people. Ever. First time he does and BAM!
    Wow, I recall the halftime interview now, but that didn't occur to me.

What's the deal with Lesley Visser, anyway? How did she go from being 55 to being 29? She's going to be the first human to live to 150, I'm sure.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Wow, I recall the halftime interview now, but that didn't occur to me.

What's the deal with Lesley Visser, anyway? How did she go from being 55 to being 29? She's going to be the first human to live to 150, I'm sure.
    Man when I saw her, I thought "man she aged quickly". She looked to be around 80 years old and I know some 80 year olds that look better than she does. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Man when I saw her, I thought "man she aged quickly". She looked to be around 80 years old and I know some 80 year olds that look better than she does. Go Duke!
    Last week at the Denver games we were trying to figure out who this new sideline girl was who was dressed like she was grocery shopping, and where Lesley was instead. She didn't look too bad from ~12 rows away, and I haven't seen her in 1080p. But sometimes people are like that. Maybe we can agree she has changed her appearance a lot recently.

Yeah, I'll be 57 one day, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    yea, i noticed that too...at first I was like is that really K talking at halftime...usually its Collins doing the talking...I bet K will never do it again.
    And the tournament beard let me down...last year I grew it for the three weeks...worked wonders...this year not so much...that superstition is goin out the window next year...i think it was actually my hoodie...i pulled my white hoodie out of the closet for the first time since the St. John's game...let's just say that it might remain in the back of the closet til its death

This is totally my fault. I've watched every game this year excpet for the FLST, ST Johns, VT and UNC game. I watched the first half and during halftime, my wife walked down in this sexy little number and....well.... Yadda yadda yadda, I came back with 5 mins left in the second half and it was over. My bad. She's a tall redhead, what can I say?

PS I think she did it on purpose. She hates basketball.

It's so good to know that my family and I aren't the only ones who think about things like this! My mom called me today to express her responsiblity for last night. She has three Duke candles that she lights before every game. She forgot to light them last night. Also, as I put on my pj's before the game, I remember thinking "Oh no. These are the Duke pajamas that I wore the night of the Duke vs. unc game."
    A coworker and I both made the same comments as above concerning Coach K's halftime interview. I was in shock--earlier this year he said that he wouldn't do halftime or timeout interviews because that time belonged to his players.

I think it sounds like there was just a lot of karma out of whack last night.

I should have never let the cat on the couch. I knew better.

On the other hand, it was my twisting jump off the couch that made the last second three pointer rim out in the finals last year, so I'm even I guess.

Talking Blame Verne!

Quote Originally Posted by basket1544 View Post
    My brother says it's his fault. He doesn't watch Duke often because he's not a huge basketball fan. In fact he's only watched them a total of 4 games this year... Fl St, St. John's, at UNC and last night's second half. I told him he's never allowed to watch Duke again.
    It's my friend and homeboy Verne Lundquist's fault. His last three Duke broadcasts: Arizona, St. John's at Madison Square Garden, and the presidential game last year against Georgetown. I can't remember his doing any Duke games in the NCAAs last year.

sagegrouse
    'Nicest guy on the face of the earth!'